Daisy Cloner 8 and DIY cloner questions

• Thread starter BudBlazer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BudBlazer

How many people are using this type of cloner? I have been using it and another grower uses it but it seems to have issues with the pump and/or tips clogging. What would be better? Should I look into making my own set up?

Also, I work with fiberglass at work. Has anyone made a cloner out of fiberglass or would it be a waste of time?

thanks!

B

bootlegbrewer

I use one of these and the tip has clogged on me three times in the past month. If you need more than 8 spots I would try building your own. I've seen them made with a Tupperware tub but never fiberglass (not to say that that wouldn't work).

SmokeyPipes

SmokeyPipes

bought a self made one on e-bay for $70 w/ 25 spots..works pretty good, have had about a 90% success rate with it,probably could have made it myself though,got it from Julia's Jade Garden

D

Donk Frog

I never understood the point of cloners, with a humdity dome & no heat mat, I get 95-100% success......and most show roots in 5-10days....Just my two cents.....I think there are a waste of money unless you are doing aeroponics

lollipopman

lollipopman

my daisy never clogged up, plus i turned my daisy to a 16 site cloner, 5 gallon bucket, PVC pieces and 1 1/4 neoprenes... works great

M

Mr.LovaLova

I had one ... junked it, it clogged all the time ... would never buy another machine, I have been doing great with RR plugs and gel. My friend did just give me a 25-site ezclone machine though.

N

nughit

I have a home made aero cloner and wouldn't want to go back to any other way unless I had to.

P

pel929

i made the one from high times it works great never had a clogging problem. i think its the june issue?

P

Pot Boy

I never understood the point of cloners, with a humdity dome & no heat mat, I get 95-100% success......and most show roots in 5-10days....Just my two cents.....I think there are a waste of money unless you are doing aeroponics

Depends on what strain your cloning some clone very easy others are a bitch.. And yes the aerocloners are the way to go..

thinman

thinman

BudBlazer, the daisey cloner cost me $70. for that you get a 3 gallon bucket, a lid with 8holes in it, 9 neoprene clone holders, and a $12 dollar pump---oh yeah, 1 extra $1.79 sprayer head. because the pump sits in the water, it will heat it up beyond safe temps for cloning. the little suction cups that hold the pump in place don't work on mine after just one session with it. and i had to clean the sprayer twice. and i never got a successful clone from it.

if you have already bought a daisey cloner, i would simply turn it into a bubble cloner by trashing the cheap-ass pump and buying a decent air pump and those round, flexible wands. line the bottom with the wand (they come in like 18", 24", 36" and 48" lengths). this will turn a useless piece of trash into a functional bubble cloner, which some say is as effective as an aerocloner.

OR, i'm sure you could build your own aerocloner for a lot less than $70 bucks....

hope this helps

SmokeyPipes

SmokeyPipes

wanted to make that one myself,was too lazy and bought one instead,about how much did it cost you to make it pel929?

B

BudBlazer

I think I may turn it into a bubble cloner. Just made 2 DWC buckets today so I am cloning with coco and a humidity dome for now. Might try the bubble cloner with the extra air pump I bought.

4u2sm0ke

4u2sm0ke

I would go withhe bubble cloner if ya gonna run DWC..the transfer is way less sressful..I made a few of these bubble cloners from a single clone outta a small round ziplock container..to a 42 site made from a 4 gallon tote..its in the Air so I use the 100 gallon pumps..no dome no heat mat just water changed every couple days...I can put togather some pics if ya like..just give a shout.I would be happy to help. until then take care and be safe

:passingjoint:

B

BudBlazer

Yea I would definitely be interested in some pics! Im thinking the most I would need would be a 25 site. Thinking about just using a rubbermaid container of sorts. My buddy built one and it works pretty well.

B

bootlegbrewer

After the pump in my daisy cloner clogged again last night, I took out the pump and converted it to a bubble cloner. Looking forward to seeing how it compares.

P

pel929

it was real cheap. the most expensive thing was the pump i got a pond pump thts 500gph but you dnt need one tht big. you can make it for under maybe 20 dollars without the pump lol. i made 2 it was so cheap to make and it works great.

B

BudBlazer

Ended up making mine into a bubble cloner this week. Had an extra air pump and 2 5" air stones so I just threw them in their and its working great! Wish I would have joined this site a long time ago and not wasted money! Thanks for all the help.

F

FatBastard

Love my Daisy Cloner works like a champ have had zero issues with it but, I have had it less then 6 months..lol

B

BudBlazer

Be prepared to be pissed off at it occasionally! :D It works great most of the time. Bubble cloner isnt much better. Im going back to coco/rockwool

B

bigErn

Does the pump have a pre filter? You can buy little mesh filter bags for the pumps that helps.

My cloner plugs pretty frequently if I use plugs. The little bits that fall off the plug clog spray jets. Easiest way to unclog it - take off the manifold, put it upside down in a sink and run hot water through it at high pressure. Not sure if that is possible with your particular brand. Most of the junk will come out easily and you can see which jets are clogged or not.

Latest posts

Top Bottom