Damage from feminized strains .

• Thread starter calior
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

calior

Do people think that the feminized seeds may be bad for future breeding and damage the gene pool ?

W

WCC

I personally don't believe in fucking with mother nature... True males and females are the way to go !!

Z

zooted

yes... i think it is a trick by the seed companies to keep people from breeding. think about it....but also for a little while there everyone just wanted females..and most of the non growers could care less about natural selection via breeders. thats why i am stocking up man! before you know it all you can get is what they give you.

ISeemToBeAVerb

ISeemToBeAVerb

I don't see anything wrong with feminized seeds. They're quite useful for people with concerns over plant count and space. I highly doubt feminized seeds are any kind of threat to growers or amateur breeders. First of all, not all strains respond well to the techniques required to create a high quality (i.e. reliable) feminized seed. Second, there are companies in the marketplace that have a philosophical stance against feminized products. Third, It doesn't have to be unnatural. Soma's method is entirely organic and derived from a naturally occurring phenomenon that occurs when female plants are allowed to flower longer than usual and develop male bananas. The pollen is then collected and brushed onto flowering female plants resulting in feminized seeds.
Obviously, feminized seeds are less appealing to growers interested in breeding, but for those personal use growers who just want some good genetics without the hassle, I say bring it on!

-Verb

D

dirtbagg

im no expert by any means but i agree fully with the the above post....

M

Mr.Therapy Man

Soma also uses sts ,not all of somas seeds are stamened Soma is where I first heard about STS.He has a article in one of the pot mags about his and all other seed companies use of STS

I

ismokepot

I also agree with Iseemtob and dirtbag- they are ideal for my situation and I happily pay the different in prices for the advantage. I only wished they were available earlier in my growing career.

S

SmokeMan

Im in love with GOOD feminized seeds now. My last grow I had 1 plant hermie because of light leak stress and it pollinated my whole garden with at least 50 seeds each. Well this run I decided to grow a few beans from the few seeds I kept and I well you guessed it they were all female and looking killer as can be. Fuk it I will show a pic or two of my favorite plants from the seeds created by the hermie. I find the trick is to only grow the seeds found on the other plants that did not hermie , only the ones that got pollinated.

Top Bottom