DAMN GRASSHOPPERS WONT LEAVE MY DURBAN POISON ALONE

• Thread starter Vb2flat2surf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

My outdoor grow is as low budget as it gets, so I appologize ahead of time. We live in a town house with small privacy fences and gotta do what i gotta do lol.
I have 5 plants outdoors going and out of the 5 damn Grasshoppers are destroying them. I caught one read handed so im.assuming thats what it is. ive been hoing all organis with teatree oil, peermint, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol and water. instantly helped with an aphid issue i was having but nothing will stop these damn grasshoppers or whatever it is. Please help as this was a lucky attempt at a first clone and i got this far.

mjab702

mjab702

Yellow sticky paper? the 12 inch sheets rolled in a tube and hung above/around plant?

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

i will try the tape. i have a shit ton of the ones you put inside potters. this is a shitty area to grow outdoors with minimal control. as an idea its been 95 to 100 with humidity in the 80s and 90. Heat index of 114. And our backyard hold water. Guess im shit outta luck or using pesticides. Tiki torches at night dont phase them. the oils dont phase them. i have this availble to me.

mjab702

mjab702

i will try the tape. i have a shit ton of the ones you put inside potters. this is a shitty area to grow outdoors with minimal control. as an idea its been 95 to 100 with humidity in the 80s and 90. Heat index of 114. And our backyard hold water. Guess im shit outta luck or using pesticides. Tiki torches at night dont phase them. the oils dont phase them. i have this availble to me.
Im really skeptical of any chemicals on cannabis. Personally if I cant control it without chemicals I will ditch the plant. Not worth my family's/ friend's health.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

thats where its looking like its headed. its pissing me off because i managed to get a kick ass plant out of a "cut it, plant it in the dirt" clone lol.

AirHammer

AirHammer

Get a pet lizard to hang out in the weed patch?

I'm kidding, but that would be awesome and organic :D

GreenIguana shutterstock 728730700
AirHammer

AirHammer

How large are the plants?

Im sure you could find some kind of mesh netting and bamboo stakes to drape over them. Or clear plastic. Improvise. Smoke first because weed brings out the Mcguyver in everyone.

dirtyoldman

dirtyoldman

My outdoor grow is as low budget as it gets, so I appologize ahead of time. We live in a town house with small privacy fences and gotta do what i gotta do lol.
I have 5 plants outdoors going and out of the 5 damn Grasshoppers are destroying them. I caught one read handed so im.assuming thats what it is. ive been hoing all organis with teatree oil, peermint, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol and water. instantly helped with an aphid issue i was having but nothing will stop these damn grasshoppers or whatever it is. Please help as this was a lucky attempt at a first clone and i got this far.
Old guerrilla grower tricks for you. Would love to still use my skills but it's just not feasible. I'm an indoor grower now permanently unless I move. It's unnecessary anyways, I grow more than I need with a 4 x 4 tent. When growing outside I kept the plants small and short in stature and still could get 2 or 3 ounces from them. I'd bend them down or top them. Bending them down increased the yield. I would build cages from square mesh chicken wire and it would still allow in plenty of sunlight. They were so easy to build. Just cut squares and tie them together with gardening cable. Pin them to the ground with stakes and the wind won't take them. That was to keep the deer off. Or they would eat all of my plants to the ground every year. Then I painted them to camouflage them. You could substitute a camo net. If you spray the cage or net with Raid or some other Pyrethrin aerosol insects will not cross the area. How long is that effective? Maybe 7 days. Rain of course can be a factor in how often you apply spray. Insects smell it before they even get close to it. This is also somewhat effective just spraying it around the plant on the ground. I've never experimented with Sevin on the ground around the plant. But it would keep ants and crawling insects off the plant. And caterpillars. Because they would get sick or die crossing through it. Grasshoppers may also crawl onto plants. Not always fly. That's often how caterpillars can reach your plant. Crawling on the ground. But for me it's not stinky enough. They smell the pyrethrin. Bugs will just stupidly walk through Sevin dust and dried residue from liquid spray. Which turns to dust. The grasshopper will be dead in an hour or two. But as it is getting sick will still do some damage. Just get or make an appropriate covering, lay it flat on the ground and spray it with Raid or Black Flag or any pyrethrin aerosol. Drape it over your plant. No more grasshopper problems. I used a smaller gauge of wire. A larger gauge would probably work fine. Like maybe 1-inch square cage wire. I think I had 1/2 inch. You know if you have a plant with over $1000 worth of weed spending $50 on a cage isn't a big deal.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Man great unfo. I am willing to invest whatever gets me reaults. i only cate about my Durban Posion the most cause that was poor attempt at cloning lol and its my wifes favorite strain.

AirHammer

AirHammer

Man great unfo. I am willing to invest whatever gets me reaults. i only cate about my Durban Posion the most cause that was poor attempt at cloning lol and its my wifes favorite strain.
The DP is pretty nice i never tried growing that yet. so many strains so little time.

Rebeccalovato777

Rebeccalovato777

I got cats never had that problem again

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
I'm sorry to hear you're having this problem, I can relate. Here in Colorado we have what's known as "Giant Lubber Grasshoppers" or "Plains Lubbers" .. These things get BIG. Like 3 to 4 inches and bigger around than your thumb - and can eat a small plant stalk in half in a matter of minutes.

I've found absolutely nothing (as far as pesticides) works to control them unless you're willing to use some harsh pesticides. Growing Industrial Hemp as I do, I am VERY limited to certain pesticides- so much in fact, that I don't bother at all.

Instead, I have a team of cats. They come to my field with me every day. Cats work GREAT for grasshopper control, especially if they're already good outdoor hunters.

Other than that I would suggest buying some window screen and making some sort of makeshift screen house over your plants, if possible.
Last year we lost hundreds of hemp plants to those bastards. Learned my lesson and waited until my plants were a little bigger, before I put them outside this year.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

im at the point of choppipng her or finding a way to bring her into one of my tents. everyday all the new growth is gonep besides the veins. I love the growth i get outside but heat dealing with insects and outside issues

BadBud3

BadBud3

Old guerrilla grower tricks for you. Would love to still use my skills but it's just not feasible. I'm an indoor grower now permanently unless I move. It's unnecessary anyways, I grow more than I need with a 4 x 4 tent. When growing outside I kept the plants small and short in stature and still could get 2 or 3 ounces from them. I'd bend them down or top them. Bending them down increased the yield. I would build cages from square mesh chicken wire and it would still allow in plenty of sunlight. They were so easy to build. Just cut squares and tie them together with gardening cable. Pin them to the ground with stakes and the wind won't take them. That was to keep the deer off. Or they would eat all of my plants to the ground every year. Then I painted them to camouflage them. You could substitute a camo net. If you spray the cage or net with Raid or some other Pyrethrin aerosol insects will not cross the area. How long is that effective? Maybe 7 days. Rain of course can be a factor in how often you apply spray. Insects smell it before they even get close to it. This is also somewhat effective just spraying it around the plant on the ground. I've never experimented with Sevin on the ground around the plant. But it would keep ants and crawling insects off the plant. And caterpillars. Because they would get sick or die crossing through it. Grasshoppers may also crawl onto plants. Not always fly. That's often how caterpillars can reach your plant. Crawling on the ground. But for me it's not stinky enough. They smell the pyrethrin. Bugs will just stupidly walk through Sevin dust and dried residue from liquid spray. Which turns to dust. The grasshopper will be dead in an hour or two. But as it is getting sick will still do some damage. Just get or make an appropriate covering, lay it flat on the ground and spray it with Raid or Black Flag or any pyrethrin aerosol. Drape it over your plant. No more grasshopper problems. I used a smaller gauge of wire. A larger gauge would probably work fine. Like maybe 1-inch square cage wire. I think I had 1/2 inch. You know if you have a plant with over $1000 worth of weed spending $50 on a cage isn't a big deal.
Been there to, in the day...10% sevin dust worked. Not in flower thou!

Latest posts

Top Bottom