Damndest thing

• Thread starter dreamgreen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dreamgreen

dreamgreen

So i’m 3 weeks into flowering this batch of clones, and today i noticed that directly below each bud site there’s a pair of fat, pollinated calyxes. On a lot of them the seeds are already big enough to split the calyx open.

Can’t find any male flowers anywhere, closed or open. I’ve had some male flowers appear here and there in past grows, but the seeds only formed right near them. This time is weird because i can’t see any more seeds forming anywhere else, only those lone pairs sticking off the stems right below the buds. Everywhere.

Since i can’t find any male flowers anywhere, i’m thinking they must have come and gone very early on, and i missed them somehow? Maybe they’ve been enveloped by calyxes?

Anyone else seen this happen before? It’s literally present on all 10 plants.

az2000

az2000

Something like that happened to me. I was running CFL "reptile lights" for the UV (supplementing LED). I had them on a separate timer so they could come on for 15 minutes ocassionally. I unplugged the timer for some reason (working on something). Plugged it in and didn't think about it being out of synch. It was coming on during lights out. It did that 2 weeks before I noticed it. (I kept hearing the clicks, and thinking "that timer must be going bad." I thought it was the gears going bad. It briefly crossed my mind that it sounded like the light coming on. But, I dismissed that thought. How could it?).

The way you described your plant reminded me of what mine looked like. There was an autoflower thread shortly after I came to this forum. The guy had 2-3 autos that were two months past due for harvest. (I can't find the thread). His buds looked like mine. Some kind of stress. Maybe from not being harvested.

dreamgreen

dreamgreen

Something like that happened to me. I was running CFL "reptile lights" for the UV (supplementing LED). I had them on a separate timer so they could come on for 15 minutes ocassionally. I unplugged the timer for some reason (working on something). Plugged it in and didn't think about it being out of synch. It was coming on during lights out. It did that 2 weeks before I noticed it. (I kept hearing the clicks, and thinking "that timer must be going bad." I thought it was the gears going bad. It briefly crossed my mind that it sounded like the light coming on. But, I dismissed that thought. How could it?).

The way you described your plant reminded me of what mine looked like. There was an autoflower thread shortly after I came to this forum. The guy had 2-3 autos that were two months past due for harvest. (I can't find the thread). His buds looked like mine. Some kind of stress. Maybe from not being harvested.
Damn that sucks! In my case there could definitely have been some very minor light pollution getting into the tent through the intake/exhaust vents. I remedied that by adding a little coiled flex duct at each end, but i think i’ll also add a green cellophane “shade” over the basement light.

Just so weird that all the seeds are in lone pairs below each bud, and no male flowers to be found. I just hope no more show up...watching veeeerrry closely now!

Top Bottom