Dan Rather targets N Ca growers for E.P.A. with Special Report

• Thread starter SoCal 420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SoCal 420

SoCal 420

Just An F.Y.I. for Fellow Farmers... If the E.P.A. gets involved, Sheot be Hittin' the Fan.

Published on Oct 24, 2013
So much illegal marijuana is being grown in California that it's devastating the local environment. In a state plagued by drought, marijuana farms are using up desperately needed water. And let's not forget the fertilizers, pesticides and rodenticides, many of them banned in the U.S. years ago, that are being used by many of the illegal growers -- these chemicals are winding up in California's soil and water -- not to mention the pot itself. Dan Rather Reports airs Mondays at 8pm ET/5pm PT on AXS TV. "Gone to Pot," October 21, 2013. This episode can be downloaded from iTunes

SoCal 420

SoCal 420

1 5 gallon bucket every 3 weeks of aged goat manure in 50 gallon containers sure don't hurt anything that's how we nurture . Like the EPA really cares about the environment anyways...LOL...
I hear Ya, Don't kill the Messenger. It was on AXS Tv this morning because I was watching Muay Thai fights last night... ;) From the show it Looks like A Ca. Congressman is on it like stink on shit. He is for legalization but not by "support of" but E.P.A. control and FDA tox screening for "Any" detectable amount of Toxins / Pesticides and Total Control of Dispensaries and Licensed Grow Ops (by FDA / EPA) to provide to / for those dispensaries for the sole purpose of creating A "Controlled" and Taxable market for "Revenue"... A Copy / Duplicate Solution to Alcohol Prohibition as He put it... Regardless of anybody's position on Medical Marijuana it don't look good if that is the Model they are considering. How many Independent "Brewers" do you see selling Beer or Hooch to the corner Liqueur store??? Don't forget the fact that to think California will set the standard / model for Legalized and Taxed Medical Marijuana isn't that far fetched...

Edit: Here is your Bad Guy... Congressman Jared Huffman, Clip is from YouTube

ttystikk

ttystikk

Straight up, I'm all for enforcement of prohibited use on federal lands, especially by cartels and those who don't care what messes they leave behind.

I also think that we had better show up to every meeting and assembly we can to voice our insistence that legal weed be just that- for EVERYONE, not just the privileged few. That's the only way to put the wildland guerrilla growers out of business in any case.

Let's not let Dan Rather and the greedy congressman's ambitions conflate two unrelated issues to monopolize OUR plant!

SoCal 420

SoCal 420

Straight up, I'm all for enforcement of prohibited use on federal lands, especially by cartels and those who don't care what messes they leave behind.

I also think that we had better show up to every meeting and assembly we can to voice our insistence that legal weed be just that- for EVERYONE, not just the privileged few. That's the only way to put the wildland guerrilla growers out of business in any case.

Let's not let Dan Rather and the greedy congressman's ambitions conflate two unrelated issues to monopolize OUR plant!
When shit hits the fan, Nobody shows... Maybe A few that get brushed aside by News Media like Harold and Kumar Stoners or Radical Activists and that's why we keep getting Hosed by Politicians / Lobbyists and their Dick Tater agendas... If it Isn't about JZ, The Voice or Dancing with the Stars, people just don't give A Shit...

fractal

fractal

This is only going to strengthen the black market, because legal grows will never have every single strain available and people might want their special whatever. I am 111% opposed to big business cannabis strictly because it is a slap in the face to all of us, every grower and every smoker since the early 20th century who has been oppressed, jailed, and lost their freedoms and possessions due to prohibition. They seriously want us to now pay them taxes for the privilege of being able to buy cannabis? Fuck them! Sorry, I don't think it works that way. I can imagine plenty of commercial grow ops being sabotaged and legal market cannabis stores being torched.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
i'm sure cannabis is the worst polluting crop out there...oh wait, it sucks toxins from the ground and relieves the environs of excess co2....
just more shit from the fucks who want a buck now....where were they the last 80 years...

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Now that the critical mass of cannabis production is at this mass....the succubus are coming out of the woodwork

sky high

sky high

Respect, fractal. So glad someone else sees it rather than glorifying any/all behaviors associated with "pot". Seeing folks revel and marvel and even join in on this CORPORATE/STATE sanctioned "industry" makes me ill. Lotsa small growers who have paid their dues are being screwed because of these huge grows....yet...some folks still can't see that what is really happening is a HUGE transfer of power from the SHADOWS to the POLITICIANS (corporations) who are and will set the laws surrounding all of this.....eventually coming to the point where they tell us WE can't grow because there is readily-available (read "taxable") supply at the store for purchase...

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Nothing compared to genetic modification and sprays used on our food, don't see that reported too much do ya???

ttystikk

ttystikk

Just remember that in a Republican state you can have all the rights we decide for you.

It's not Fascism if WE do it!

fractal

fractal

Just remember that in a Republican state you can have all the rights we decide for you.

It's not Fascism if WE do it!
I don't get what you're saying, the last 5 years have seen a government run amok trampling our constitution like it is no more than a welcome mat at the white house. Democrats seem to be pretty damn in love with the idea of managing peoples' lives for them like this latest healthcare bullshit... Ordering people to buy something from the private sector or face the wrath of the law. It's not just one side it is both sides which is how this game is played. People think there is a difference when really it is all scumbag politicians who feel they deserve to tell us how to live.

ttystikk

ttystikk

I don't get what you're saying, the last 5 years have seen a government run amok trampling our constitution like it is no more than a welcome mat at the white house. Democrats seem to be pretty damn in love with the idea of managing peoples' lives for them like this latest healthcare bullshit... Ordering people to buy something from the private sector or face the wrath of the law. It's not just one side it is both sides which is how this game is played. People think there is a difference when really it is all scumbag politicians who feel they deserve to tell us how to live.

True, true- it's just that I despise fascist police states more than I detest the left wing nanny state.

SoCal 420

SoCal 420

Canadian pot growers eyeing medical marijuana free market
171 individuals and corporations have applied to become medical marijuana producers

By Sunnie Huang, CBC News Posted: Oct 07, 2013 5:03 AM ET Last Updated: Oct 07, 2013 10:06 AM ET

Link Here -> -> -> -> http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/canadian-pot-growers-eyeing-medical-marijuana-free-market-1.1894621

Starting April 1, 2014, the only legal source to obtain medical marijuana in Canada will be through producers approved by Health Canada.
Businesses, especially medium-sized ones, will be among the beneficiaries of the change, the ministry says.
Since the ministry made this announcement in June, 171 parties have applied to become licensed producers. Of these applications, 40 are from individuals and 131 are from corporations, according to the most recent numbers obtained from Health Canada by CBC News.
Under the old regime, which will be gradually phased out over the next six months, licensed medical marijuana users were able to grow their own cannabis or purchase from Health Canada's sole supplier, Saskatoon-based Prairie Plant Systems.
Rapid growth is one of the reasons behind the program’s overhaul — Health Canada says it has led to "unintended consequences" and "abuse" — but it also means the commercial industry could be worth $1.3 billion by 2024, according to the forecast.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Sound Familiar??? ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

F.Y.I. California Legislature has been "Democratic" since the 70's ... and @ A Minimum we currently have $167 Billion Dollars of Debt to Show for it with an Upper Ceiling Estimate of Approx. $350 Billion Dollars of Debt being hidden from the public through Bureaucratic Paper and Account shuffling ;)

Link Here -> -> -> -> http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/21/us/california-debt-higher-than-earlier-estimates.html?_r=1&

^^^^ Via New York Times... California's Democratic Buddies :woot: ^^^^

K

kolah

Plant weed seeds every fucking where...so what if we lose sinsemilla?

Seed enough weed throughout the world where people can pick it from the roadsides. Flood the world with cannabis sativa.

sorry, it's the old hippy in me.

SoCal 420

SoCal 420

I see my above Post as A "Cup Half Full" type of view... All things remaining Unchanged, We could pay off California Debt with Pro Active Medical Marijuana Legislation in 150 to 350 years... According to the $$$$ Model projections above... ;)

P.S. All the Un Employed in the State could be Hired as Consultants / Indigenous field Workers and earn A Taxable Wage growing Medical Marijuana for Commercial Profit while simultaneously paying off Excessive State Spending via. Politicians... :woot:

Top Bottom