Danger Will Robinson! Dissolving pure Salicylic acid crystals 99.5%

• Thread starter Frankster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Anyone got much experience with this product? What's the best method of dissolving this stuff, and the best concentrations please. Is there something helpful for keeping it suspended and dissolved, it looks like it's pH dependent and precipitates when you try and pH correct it. Also, it says it's solvent in glycerin but not in h20, so I'm thinking that's the best bet...

Also, at what developmental stage of flowering is most optimum for maximum effectiveness.

Elicitors can adjust multiple control points and precipitate the expression of some key genes. This project was conducted with the aim of increasing valuable secondary metabolites such as D-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD) identified in cannabis plants. Whole plants were treated with salicylic acid

Effects-of-salicylic-acid-on-THC-and-CBD-content-in-the-inflorescence-of-cannabis-plants.png

Danger will robinson  dissolving pure salicylic acid crystals 995
Last edited:
CFC7143

CFC7143

Seems like something I wouldn’t want in my flower but I honestly have no clue what that is ha

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Here is the full text on this article.
Seems like something I wouldn’t want in my flower but I honestly have no clue what that is ha

is a lipophilic monohydroxybenzoic acid, a type of phenolic acid, and a beta hydroxy acid (BHA). This colorless crystalline organic acid is widely used in organic synthesis and functions as a plant hormone. It is derived from the metabolism of salicin.

In addition to serving as an important active metabolite of aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid), which acts in part as a prodrug to salicylic acid, it is probably best known for its use as a key ingredient in topical anti-acne products. The salts and esters of salicylic acid are known as salicylates. (usually at 3%, I believe)

The results suggested that salicylic acid andGABA can control the signaling cascades of genes in cannabinoid pathway by changing their expression patternsat critical concentration, and these two compounds can be considered as effective elicitors for cannabinoid production.

GABA is a neurotransmitter, actually. Among other things.

Last edited:
bighempn

bighempn

I would really like to know how to dissolve salicylic acid in water for foliar spraying.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I would really like to know how to dissolve salicylic acid in water for foliar spraying.
put in glycerin; or a bit of teen 20; and go bubba. Mix well. dilute; dilute... Both should do it fine; but use a very accurate measure. ie. grams to the hundredth or thousandth of gram. Needs to be exact.

bighempn

bighempn

Cool thanks brotha. I was looking up a lot of this stuff about using hormones in foliar sprays. I came across some info about the benefits of foliar spraying citric acid and salicylic acid on plants. I’ve bought both the citric acid and salicylic acid but wasn’t sure about dilution rates. I researched about salicylic acid foliar on cannabis and recommended dosages were around 1-2 mM so for a 5 gal batch I came out to 1.8 grams I think. Does this sound about right?

I also have bought some triacontinal from power grown.com. The kit comes with a test tube and clamp and detailed instructions as well as a bottle of polysorbate 20 that it needs to be mixed with the tria and heated in order to dissolve. Is that the same or similar to the teen20 you mentioned?

thanks again frankster 🙏

bighempn

bighempn

People use Salicylic acid to heal psoriasis idk about plants. 😀
It actually has a tremendous effect on stressed plants. I’ve used in on my girls before by using non-coated(very important) aspirin (salicylic acid) and grind it up in my little bullet blender with a few oz of hot water and into my reservoir. Too much could probably hurt them though but I’ve never had negative effects so far, only happy plants. I’ve researched about foliar spraying (exogenous applications) and there’s quite a bit of agricultural studies about it. One I was reading in particular used citric acid and salicylic acid and reported increased vigor and high yields.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
People use Salicylic acid to heal psoriasis idk about plants. 😀
they sure do bubba. The stuff I have is pharma grade; straight from the chemical distributor. ie. what a pharmacist or chemist would use to prepare a prescription. Anyone using these chemicals need to have a firm understanding of them. They are very potent; and can injure; maim; cause blindness; or death.

So keep this in mind.
It's certainly one of the top shelf items I keep out of reach; in a safe spot. That is 99.9% purity; A spa would start with a 20% or 30% solution, but it can be as high as 50% salicylic acid. ie. a face peel.

So yea; strong shit. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. You don't want to breath the dust; or get into eyes. It's also not water-soluble; so if it gets on the skin; it's difficult to come off...

Pictured here; with my streptomyces; and hickory tree ligands in the background.

PXL 20220404 103615622
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Cool thanks brotha. I was looking up a lot of this stuff about using hormones in foliar sprays. I came across some info about the benefits of foliar spraying citric acid and salicylic acid on plants. I’ve bought both the citric acid and salicylic acid but wasn’t sure about dilution rates. I researched about salicylic acid foliar on cannabis and recommended dosages were around 1-2 mM so for a 5 gal batch I came out to 1.8 grams I think. Does this sound about right?

I also have bought some triacontinal from power grown.com. The kit comes with a test tube and clamp and detailed instructions as well as a bottle of polysorbate 20 that it needs to be mixed with the tria and heated in order to dissolve. Is that the same or similar to the teen20 you mentioned?

thanks again frankster 🙏
Can't say for sure; but be very careful with both solutions. all are highly charged acids.

Just use good judgement ie. mask; glasses. not wearing a shirt; ect. 😁 or being a general fuckup.

That now said; I would say start very low; and work your way up. Each strain is a little different. Say 0.1 gram per pint; or quart. is a good starting region; I believe. Check your pH; and you can regulate some of the tween; or glycerin; to modulate the pH a little.

Mostly the salicylic; I've only used during early basal breaks during weeks 1->2 flower. But the 1-Triacontanol I've been using all though into late flowering...

I've got a massive routine I've built around this system; and these are the tip of the spear; so to speak. But acids are pretty amazing things.😁 There the building blocks of what we are making; generally speaking; after all. ie. that plus some hydroxyl units.

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter

thanks again frankster 🙏
tween 20 = polysorbate 20% ie. a brand name.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
It actually has a tremendous effect on stressed plants. I’ve used in on my girls before by using non-coated(very important) aspirin (salicylic acid) and grind it up in my little bullet blender with a few oz of hot water and into my reservoir. Too much could probably hurt them though but I’ve never had negative effects so far, only happy plants. I’ve researched about foliar spraying (exogenous applications) and there’s quite a bit of agricultural studies about it. One I was reading in particular used citric acid and salicylic acid and reported increased vigor and high yields.
Yea; I started that way also; ie. acetylsalicylic acid which is got the acetyl group attached; so slightly different; but in the same vein; yes. Also if you wanted to go more organic; or cheap; you could find a willow tree; and use it's branches; make a brine; and use it...

But I would highly suggest using it fresh; or somehow preserving it; somehow; cause the bugs will be on it like stink on shit. Just be warned.🤣🤣😆 Could be heated; or possibly boiled; then put in a bottle; or can; probably....

Latest posts

Top Bottom