DangerZone

• Thread starter Grapefruitroop
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Yeah, was definitely worth it, i saved a boatload of Kilowatts cause Dehums arent cheap to run, plus during the summer was putting under stress my AC with the extra heat....
Now with the winter at the doors i had to turn the dehum back on cause i really need the heat.....Rh floating around 68-75, damn it feels dry like the mohoave desert down there ! Lol...

What really impressed me was the rithm of growth that didnt slow a bit compared to previous runs where i was watering much more frequently......
Last high humidity run i also reached my record of 1.56 grams x watt.....due to heavy lollipopping that created pretty big and dense colas....no mold again....except for really few hints of Aspergillum ...not enought to trash the bud doh....

It seems that keeping the RH at bay is more useful to the grower than for the plants....If you have good ventilation, a good drainage in the soil and know hwhen and how much to water.....plants love humidity...

mikeross

mikeross

Ventilation and airflow are super important... I feel its the main reason I can run higher than ideal humidity with great results. I vent the room only during lights off as theres no way my Anden v320 would keep RH in check when the lights go out. Plants do enjoy the higher humidity IMO, especially in VEG. Last few runs have been by best ever and it all started once I increased my humidity.

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Last run yielded 1.6 GxW , this time i wanted to try higher temps...around 86-89 F with 1500ppm CO2 RH 68-72......well...i confirmed what i taught..the quality went down a bit in one strain...less cristals lots of more red hairs...but very nice hard nugs...Other strain reacted well to heat but foxtailed a bit
I wont do it again, it seems that the high tempereture thing is sure beneficial to grow fast plants for leaf but not on cannabis flowers....

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Some pheno hunting togheter with good old gorilla cut at 2 weeks of veg
DSCN1383
DSCN1382
DSCN1379

DSCN1386

Garbage_bear

Garbage_bear

So when you do a pheno hunt, do you find which plants have the best smell/characteristics in flower? Then re-veg?

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Yes, my criteria are in order of importance
1 Has to be covered in resin almost white
2 Has to be a producer
3 Need to have the "WOW" factor in the smell compartment....
The first two are absolutely important otherwise i dont even bother....
Just recently i found one that has all 3, generally i was gettin the first two...And i popped around 200 seeds in the last years....this birdfeed is so expensive in my opinion.
I dont even bother labeling them like the chucker did cause nowadays names dont mean nothing so i invent my own....wasted ink and time
Its just a lottery

As far as the reveg, i generally try to gauge the strain around the last week of flower, but the ideal would be wait till the stuff is dry and THEN make the choice (similar pheno can retain smell in different way after curing, some loose it faster some keep it , some transform it) but for space and time reasons i always select the keeper during those last weeks, chop the main cola and leave the rest, move the 2 gal pot to my veg room and transplant it ina 5 gal pot...It takes a bit to reveg from flower, strain dependant....sometimes i lost the baby...but...live and learn! ☮️

Garbage_bear

Garbage_bear

Yes, my criteria are in order of importance
1 Has to be covered in resin almost white
2 Has to be a producer
3 Need to have the "WOW" factor in the smell compartment....
The first two are absolutely important otherwise i dont even bother....
Just recently i found one that has all 3, generally i was gettin the first two...And i popped around 200 seeds in the last years....this birdfeed is so expensive in my opinion.
I dont even bother labeling them like the chucker did cause nowadays names dont mean nothing so i invent my own....wasted ink and time
Its just a lottery

As far as the reveg, i generally try to gauge the strain around the last week of flower, but the ideal would be wait till the stuff is dry and THEN make the choice (similar pheno can retain smell in different way after curing, some loose it faster some keep it , some transform it) but for space and time reasons i always select the keeper during those last weeks, chop the main cola and leave the rest, move the 2 gal pot to my veg room and transplant it ina 5 gal pot...It takes a bit to reveg from flower, strain dependant....sometimes i lost the baby...but...live and learn! ☮️
Very cool. I am going to do some breeding with landraces and was wondering how to pheno hunt. The only experience I have in that is when I was growing hemp I found a really unusual pheno and cloned during flower and re veggies that plant. It worked great!

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Oh wow hemp! In that case i bet you can select the keeper even earlier , looking for strong , stalky plants...
Also i found that you really dont need a big pot to see those traits we are talkin about....even small half gal pots will be fine , so you can save space!

PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

just ran into this thread since u liked my post earlier today. never seen temp and rh at your numbers, was this a test or is this how you always run your rooms? From what i could tell by quickly browsing was you're at 21C and 80RH. Would be so interested in doin this since running dehu is indeed expensive.

Would also assume you're watering much less with this environment (another savings $)

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Yeah man, im runnin crazy high humidity since almost a year now in perpetual.....off the vpd chart but leaves are always perky so i assume good transpiration... 😃
Never had a mold problem...tryed few genetics..and yes the savings on dehums and hence on ac to cool down is huge...
Buds are thick and with lots of fans they dont have problem to ripe....
Discover that by accident when one dehum got toasted and never looked back since...
I start em in rockwool cubes and then coco and i water every other day........with recycled water from ac and dehum...
room is yielding around 1.6 gpw...

PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

damn that is sweet, just caught my eye cuz i also had an accidental discovery when i ran my veg room at 85RH (also broken dehu) and they grew better than ever. But I never dared to do it in flower.. might have to experiment next run haha.

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

The key factor for spores to germinate is the condensation due to quick shifts in temperature that often occurs in vented rooms.......thats my explanation on why i never got pm or botritis....
I also run an air purifier in the room....

PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

so are you running the same temp and rh during both lights on and lights off? My room is sealed, it only vents for an hour right before lights off. def dont have an air purifier though. Either way this is super interesting, will be sure to document and ask more if i actually try it out.

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

so are you running the same temp and rh during both lights on and lights off?
As far as temperature just a couple degrees of difference between day and night.. and like 5 degrees for humidity.
Now i set a dehum on upper 70s to keep the Rh floating around the 80s and seems perfect for now that i hand water every other day...
Im planning a dripping system so maybe in the futurre i will low the rh a bit....

I got to havest rooms that were sitting at 90 RH at night every single night of flowering( i did it during the summer months to dont overheat the room)with no issues, but i wont reccomend that cause, the room got mold on walls and the bamboo stick too....not the plants....Led grown plants seems to love high rh but i dont see any reasons to go that high...

I also make sure to have and keep the beneficials in the coco happy, applyng a couple compost teas, LAB and some other beneficial bacterias and fungi products to keep pathogens at bay , but i really think that what makes this all possible its the lack of temperature shifts , hence condensation....

I just got a very efficent new dehum that for only 300w is suppsed to pull 25 liters a day compared to my old one that for 900w for 50 liters a day ( But hey it neved got to pull that amount cause was always overheating thus reducing a lot the water condensation ability..)
🪴🪴🪴

B

benjones

great thread @Grapefruitroop

can i ask what is the dose for potassium sulphate for the last 2 weeks please

also , i have 20 plants on the go , there are 2-3 that are definitely better than the rest . i'm into week 9 tomorrow , how can i take a cutting from them as all of them have been pruned at the bottom . do i just take a cutting from lower down and remove the bud but leave the leaves on

🙏

steamroller

steamroller

Nice work.
Enjoyed your thread, thanks for sharing your methods. 💪

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Thanks everyone! Just some randoms shots from the garden i wish i could have more time and patience to write a real grow log...but well..maybe when i will rebuild the room...
can i ask what is the dose for potassium sulphate for the last 2 weeks please
I would say according to the label that if i remember correctly calls for 0.2grams x Liter, but i quickly stopped using it because all cannabis and non cannabis formulated nutrients are really packed with potassium, so when adding that extra kick i always got badly burned tips....
Pretty much same story with potassium silicate.......( so i switched to the more expensive Silicic acid)
Thats why now i use insane amount of Epsom salts ( 1 gram x liter, every watering) all over the cycle from beginning till end to supply extra Sulfur, without messing with the K levels that at the end of my grows are always to the roof.......

To clone a well pruned plants at the last stages of flowering pretty much there is nothing left to do other than chop the plants and leave the lowest branches with the nugs on it,,,,reveg (whatch out for overwatering....) and hope for the best......
I Got some to reveg beautifully with this method but i also lost some due to overwatering....anyway i feel you have more chances this way than like just take the branch off and try to root it....but this is just my experience....

B

benjones

Thanks everyone! Just some randoms shots from the garden i wish i could have more time and patience to write a real grow log...but well..maybe when i will rebuild the room...

I would say according to the label that if i remember correctly calls for 0.2grams x Liter, but i quickly stopped using it because all cannabis and non cannabis formulated nutrients are really packed with potassium, so when adding that extra kick i always got badly burned tips....
Pretty much same story with potassium silicate.......( so i switched to the more expensive Silicic acid)
Thats why now i use insane amount of Epsom salts ( 1 gram x liter, every watering) all over the cycle from beginning till end to supply extra Sulfur, without messing with the K levels that at the end of my grows are always to the roof.......

To clone a well pruned plants at the last stages of flowering pretty much there is nothing left to do other than chop the plants and leave the lowest branches with the nugs on it,,,,reveg (whatch out for overwatering....) and hope for the best......
I Got some to reveg beautifully with this method but i also lost some due to overwatering....anyway i feel you have more chances this way than like just take the branch off and try to root it....but this is just my experience....
thank you @Grapefruitroop that has helped a lot .

i appreciate the write up

sambapati

sambapati

so are you running the same temp and rh during both lights on and lights off? My room is sealed, it only vents for an hour right before lights off. def dont have an air purifier though. Either way this is super interesting, will be sure to document and ask more if i actually try it out.
Hitachi Air Filter in the grow room -- no mold nope. Recently cleaned air con in sealed room at 24 degrees, fan. Change Hitachi filter (also have unit in BR) annually.

Top Bottom