Dank, The Quest for the Very Best Marijuana...A Breeders Tale

• Thread starter Subcool
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Subcool

Stop the Press...Dank Arrived Today!

Its been a long trip and a strange one to be sure. The first three copies of the book arrived today and I must say it looks even better than I expected. Hera the photo editor and layout person for Ed did an amazing job on almost every single picture and they literally leap off the page. I did not expect my shots to look so good almost like looking at someone elses work. She won't see this but a HUGE shout to Hera Lee for making my dream a reality.

I have the first three books in hand and I am told I will have more in just a few weeks.

We have decided to release the first 100 only Signed. This does not include friends personal signings but Dioxide has invested a huge amount in Dank Gear and this is my way of helping him kick start it off.

Lets see what this old stoner whipped up shall we.

It has a rigid cover with the jacket attached and it looks slick as hell.

Both the front flap and back feature some really nice shots that we hope will catch the eye of any book buyer at any store. We Hope!

The back is cool as hell to I had never seen the design before.

I'd like to thank someone who is not actually thanked in the book
If it wasn't for Pistils opening the door for me in Bigbook 3 this book would have been much harder to complete and not many people know that Pistils is the one that stepped up when Ed asked us for 1500$ to publish 3 of TGA's strains in the Book. He saw the future and believed in me and he paid the ticket to get me on the train to becoming a Published author
Thanks Buddy!!!

I typed out the book release stuff

DANK: The Quest for the Very Best Marijuana
A Breeders tale
By Subcool

Highlights

Ø 37 varieties lovingly described by the breeder
Ø Vibrant color photos of buds at peak of ripeness
Ø Photo essays showing growth from seed to bud
Ø Progenitors of all varieties described in detail in the Appendix

Based on the authors 20 years of passionate selection and experience, Dank: The Quest for the Very Best Marijuana is the story of one breeder’s quest for pot perfection. Author Subcool, both a talented photographer and a well known breeding whiz, describes each step of his journey toward ganja heaven; raising each strain, mixing and matching traits, and ultimately choosing the offspring that will advance to become the newest pinnicle in pot-the newest Dank.

Revealing his thought process as he assesses the traits that will go forward.
Subcool provides an intimate portrait of each variety’s personality. Beautifully lit photos and full-color spreads accompany these complete descriptions of over 35 varieties, with detailed profiles of each strain’s aroma, taste, and high, as well as how it grows, and what it looks like. Useful appendices feature full genetic tress of each strain discussed.

ISBN-10 0-932551-89-0
ISBN-13 978-0-932551-89-4
144 Pages 11” x 9” landscape Format
Embossed Title
Rigid Cover with Insert flaps.

www.dankgearonline.com

While your there grab a Dank Jar or Shirt or a TGA Hat and support our new Dank Gear store
To compete in any TGA contest you must show off a TGA Hat to win :)

Sub

Dankbook
Dankbook2
Dankbook3
Dankbook4
Dankbook5
Dankbook6
Dankbook7
S

Stackin Paper

See what ya mean about the pics jumping outta the page at ya, they look very well taken and published photo's.

So will it be available through the farm?

F

FastForward

Grats Subcool - looks amazing....going to go steal a copy now :)

EDIT: There's a minor bug/typo on the website - click PRODUCTS from the front page. There's a typo 'w' in the URL.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Congradulations my friend, I wish you much success in this venture, you've earned it..

Passion baby!!

Tex

H

Hazeseeker

Great looking book Sub, which strain is that in the 3rd pic?, love the look of that one on the front cover as well, crazy colours man:cool

peace
Hazeseeker

S

Subcool

Thank you all very much its a bit over welming that so many people like the way it looks just from the previews, The fact that a well studied community as this one thinks its cool means a great deal to me.
The cover and Third pic are of our Orange Velvet Mom

their installing a new cart today with UPS shipping calculator and such we had to buy more stuff from the server.

When the book goes live I will offer it to all retail outlets especially the farm but when you pay one country and ship from another it can cause problems and raise the price.
Dankgear was set up for me to sell signed Books to people that want them at the same price you can order it from Amazon etc unsigned.

I will be holding a few contest at the Farm for some special signed copies as well.

We expect the first cases of Books to arrive next week.

Again thank you for all the nice words and thoughts.

Sub

E

El Barto

Looks great, sub. I have my copy pre-ordered from amazon. I didn't realize you had your own site or I would have ordered directly from you.

S

Subcool

No worries mate thanks for supporting me in any way I hope you like it very much.

We tryed to beat Amazon to the punch but their bigger and smarter than us.

Sub

D.I.Y

D.I.Y

You can put me down for a copy,I love books on this subject:)and i've just cracked some agent orange.Hope i dont become a groupie i'm a bit old for that malarky:worried:star:inlove:giggle:bow

G

Guano

D.I.Y. - You're showing your age just by using the word "malarky" :giggle

I'll be sure & grab a copy of the book & a pack of JTR too.

S

Subcool

The small jar holds a 1/2 and the big jar will hold 3/4 to an ounce according to density :)

O

ograskal

Looks Like a great Book Sub...Love the pics of the Males Bro....~ogr

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
Looks like a great book keep up the great work! Look forward to my copy sub :party:smoke

O

oldhand

what I'm wondering is... did you find the holy grail at the end of the quest?? or does the search continue? :wondering:wondering

S

Subcool

My favorite strain made the Book and I have yet to find anything I enjoy more.
Its Tiny Bomb

:)

FYI 20 strains did not make the book that I had detailed info and pics
we only choose the best

Sub

E

El Barto

Hey, sub, just to let you know. I ordered my copy from amazon nearly a month ago. They just today sent me an email telling me that they are "still trying to obtain it."

I guess I could cancel my order from them and order from your website, but it seems to me that you might want to make sure that amazon has copies to sell in case any one else orders it from them.

Top Bottom