Dankworth's tiny head

• Thread starter dankworth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
derelict

derelict

Not really. Built everything w/home depot stuff, doing the whole "borrow some building materials from us and pay us back with your grow" type stuff. Totes and deck screws and pvc and lumber and undersized casters(fuck) and reflectix and ducting and shit.
Lamps were just over $60 apiece.
Reflectors were bought used at $75 apiece.
Ballasts were a little over a couple grand.
Harbor freight helped a lot with the blower I mated the heater core radiator to.
Part of what I have taught myself to do is set up a decent room on a shoestring budget.
Not paying for fertilizer sure frees up lots of money for lights and environmental control equipment.
Went down all the dead ends for years figuring out what not to do the hard way. Led me towards this way of doing things. Ended up with a good spare parts inventory so I can macgyver shit together on the fly.
These are the plants I handwatered in chow mix every two days while sick as fuck with Crohns's and almost not making it. I was going to keep them alive until I was in a coma.

So I feel pretty good about the way things are turning out, considering.

very cool, awesome to see what can be done with easily accessible materials. never grown in such a large room, so it looks pretty hectic to me, but when you break it down into its components, it sounds much more doable.

sorry to hear about the crohn's dude. i don't really know much about it. is it treatable?

dankworth

dankworth

In my case, yes. With correct diet and environment I am putting it into remission.
Before, sewage gases leaking into the house compromised my already shitty immune system.
My intestines leaked shit into my bloodstream. Other things went wrong from there.
My lips were blue. Felt my body dying slowly for a while. It was a fucked up experience physically and psychologically.

But yeah, I am fixing myself. Already so much better than say a month ago.
Don't need weird medications to suppress my immune system, just needed the right diet, no poisonous sewage gases, and to catch a break from the mycotoxin exposure that was fucking me up at work for a time.

It turns out wheat is the root cause of most autoimmune disorders like Crohn's, fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis, IBS, stuff like that.
But most doctors in this country will not tell you that. It would interfere with their income.

Almost not making it sure puts lots of shit into perspective.

dankworth

dankworth

That too hahaha.
Took years to get my ex used to the idea that her getting it in the ass was awesome.
That is a damn investment in time and energy.
I hope it does not all go to waste.

tweedy

tweedy

I can attest to dank's potency, one of my favorites when it was at a regular club of mine and had a good conversation with him at my work (thanks for the nuggin dank, its always nice to run into a tasty chemo cross).

dankworth

dankworth

I can attest to dank's potency, one of my favorites when it was at a regular club of mine and had a good conversation with him at my work (thanks for the nuggin dank, its always nice to run into a tasty chemo cross).
I thought your name might have rang a bell. I was wondering if I should know you somehow.
That chemo was okay, I personally was disappointed after experiencing how rad it could be. It still was alright, but I hoarded all the #1 that I was happy with from the first run.
What up, tweedy. Thanks for the props. I will stop back by some day when I have this thing dialed enough to be really proud of.

tweedy

tweedy

I thought your name might have rang a bell. I was wondering if I should know you somehow.
That chemo was okay, I personally was disappointed after experiencing how rad it could be. It still was alright, but I hoarded all the #1 that I was happy with from the first run.
What up, tweedy. Thanks for the props. I will stop back by some day when I have this thing dialed enough to be really proud of.
Just hit me up on here, I'm at a different store these days (was down at the smoke shop and hydro shop, now at a different hydro shop). I was pretty pleased with it but okay chemo is better than no chemo, ha. We'll have to get together sometime and smoke, I have some beans I don't have room to pop but they need someone with as watchful of an eye as you. I know I could count on you to get the genetics back if they prove to be worthwhile so sharing is caring right? Some Loompa Headband F2's and OG squared, and a bunch of seed stock that an old guy had been collecting since the 60's. Should be some winners sprinkled throughout there.

dankworth

dankworth

got just the right girl for you..
I am a huge bitch, I still am holding out hope that some day things can be made to work, and that I can have my family back. That is what I really want more than anything.
But if it ends up that I can't have that, I will take my fat pockets and my extra 20 pounds of muscle to gain back and my health and my game and some dank and this ashtray and this paddle game and this remote, and see what's out there.

dankworth

dankworth

Just hit me up on here, I'm at a different store these days (was down at the smoke shop and hydro shop, now at a different hydro shop). I was pretty pleased with it but okay chemo is better than no chemo, ha. We'll have to get together sometime and smoke, I have some beans I don't have room to pop but they need someone with as watchful of an eye as you. I know I could count on you to get the genetics back if they prove to be worthwhile so sharing is caring right? Some Loompa Headband F2's and OG squared, and a bunch of seed stock that an old guy had been collecting since the 60's. Should be some winners sprinkled throughout there.
It will be a while before I can travel, or focus on any other strains unfortunately. Maybe next year if things went really well. I am not that much of a seed-cracker though. I would also need multiple isolated test environments because of pollen risks and stuff.
I already have a couple wifi moms I can't do anything with for all these reasons, they keep staring at me like they want something from me.
But thanks for thinking of me. I have bit off more than I can chew for a while.
I have heard very good things about that Loompa's Headband from a few places.

tweedy

tweedy

It will be a while before I can travel, or focus on any other strains unfortunately. Maybe next year if things went really well. I am not that much of a seed-cracker though. I would also need multiple isolated test environments because of pollen risks and stuff.
I already have a couple wifi moms I can't do anything with for all these reasons, they keep staring at me like they want something from me.
But thanks for thinking of me. I have bit off more than I can chew for a while.
I have heard very good things about that Loompa's Headband from a few places.
Know the feeling, have a 4 month old at home which is getting most of my attention, the most important seed of all, haha, my son. The headband is something else when it's truly his, the F2's are hit and miss but again, which seeds aren't. Had some pretty cool males pop up I should have saved though. Gender issues aside, you can't argue loompa seed health. Quickest tap roots and above ground action I have seen in a long time. I think I might go pop some right now, got me thinkin of the magic these 60's seeds might contain.

dankworth

dankworth

Know the feeling, have a 4 month old at home which is getting most of my attention, the most important seed of all, haha, my son. The headband is something else when it's truly his, the F2's are hit and miss but again, which seeds aren't. Had some pretty cool males pop up I should have saved though. Gender issues aside, you can't argue loompa seed health. Quickest tap roots and above ground action I have seen in a long time. I think I might go pop some right now, got me thinkin of the magic these 60's seeds might contain.
Those old skool seeds are notorious for poor germ rates, but I bet something cool could be found eventually.
Cali has 99-plant recs that they hand out, I am thinking eventually that that sort of leeway could solve lots of problems.

tweedy

tweedy

I have probably close to 200 some odd seeds from the guy so poor germ rates aside i hope to come up with some keepers. All healthy looking so I'll let you know if anything fun comes up.

dankworth

dankworth

I have probably close to 200 some odd seeds from the guy so poor germ rates aside i hope to come up with some keepers. All healthy looking so I'll let you know if anything fun comes up.
Thanks tweedy, I appreciate the confidence. Let me know.

dankworth

dankworth

How do you keep from getting bud rot with the nugs that dense and thick? Sorry if this has been asked already as I have not read through the thread. When we first started we tried to get the buds as big and as thick as possible and was very successful at it, but when we did this we lost a bit to bud rot. Finally after years of trying different things we ended up trying to not let them get so big of monsters to avoid bud rot.....we have more than enough air flow and the plants never touch each other and RH is always in check but when they got that big like in your pics we always had some bud rot. What is your secret to avoid the dreaded bud rot?

We thought at one point it was genetic possibly, but then noticed just about any strain we tested that we pushed to get them into the "monster bud" category would end up with some bud rot. So either ALL the genetics we tested was at fault which does not seem feasible, or it is something else. When we tried the same strains over again this time not letting them go so long and get super super big, they did not have any bud rot at all.

It seems when they get too big and dense they trap water inside the bud as the water cant get out and this over time builds up and leads to the bud rot......so the only solution we found was to not let them get "monster" big and not let them flower for extended periods of time.

So problem there is we treat for cancer and need potency and obviously getting the biggest buds possible or the highest yield possible is something that is wanted.....would love to know any ideas or how you guys get around this or deal with it.
Hey dude maybe look into guttation from nighttime rh being too high. Fluid in bad places due to that. Could easily make a monster cola fuck up like that I think.

Latest posts

Top Bottom