dark time temps???

• Thread starter kindindy123
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kindindy123

hey guys,my dark time temps are dropping in to low 50s,plants are in a perpetual cropping style,2 plants 2week harvest,so varius stages,seems like the new plants put in take a bit longer to transition to flower,hence slower growth,less harvest,my question is, should i use a space heater,just to get it up to 67degrees,space heaters,most are 1500watts,3x my lights,wonderd anyone dealing with simular situation, thanks guys.

leadplant

leadplant

yup, get a space heater.
alot of elec. space heaters are 1500 watts but
the "low" setting is often just 500-800 watts.
Look around some and spec em out.
Also keep in mind that the hot glowing filaments
can make some unwanted light to screw up your night cycle.
Make sure your heater doesnt glow like that or else take steps to shield it.
Space heaters can be a big fire hazard too - the oil filled radiator type of electric space heater seem safer and they also dont glow.

lambrettats1

lambrettats1

low temps

hi i too was experiencing too low temps when my lights went out (scottish winters) so i went to my local hardware shop and bought an oil filled radiator with a thermostat and put it on a timer set to random on off times and my temps are now in the mid 60s when my lights are out and my little ladies seem to love it. hope this helps.TS1

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
leadplant and lambrettats1 got it right, oil filled radiant heaters are the way to go. Have one in my flower room and the plants are thanking me for it.

jj

H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
This winter has been exceptionally cold and for the first time in a long time temps have been dipping into the low 50's during lights out for me as well. The plants do slow down markedly. As mine are basement grows, I have disconnected a household heating duct and put a "Y" with a damper in to divert some of the heat into the grow room. Also works well. I saw almost an immediate improvement in their growth and overall appearance.

edited to say also, that if you are a basement potted soil(less) grower make sure you have the pots up off the floor. Basement floors get very cold obviosly and a cold root zone will detract from your grow even if the ambient air temperature is in an acceptable range.

K

kindindy123

awsome response,guys

hey guys,thanks for the fast and helpful ans,I did go and get oil filled heater w/ a low setting at 600wts,this should help those cold nights. again thanks guys!!! ps awsome site,i am rather new at site. pissa!!!!

J

Jalisco Kid

Keep an eye out for mold,adding heat to cold air is going to cause some condensation. Suerte JK

Latest posts

Top Bottom