Dark veins on leaves sign of magnesium deficencey?

• Thread starter Brettdawg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Brettdawg

Brettdawg

Plants have been potted in bat mix
Which a shot nutrietns init for 2-4 weeks.
So I'm just watering with ph water 6 5.
Ec is 0.2
Looks like could be start of magnesium deficeney with venus on leafs being so dark an sticking out. Il put pic up now.
If it is magnesium issues.
Whats best thing to do to fix it in soil.
Can add calmag?
Spray epsom salt?
Any ideas fellow growers

Dark veins on leaves  sign of magnesium deficencey
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I'm not seeing the purple lines you are talking about, but the plant appears to be in need of a lot more light as it is pretty leggy. With any type of organic soil, the need for calcium, magnesium, or any other micro nutrients is unlikely. Maybe I didn't see what you were describing, which is a possibility, but overall, your plants look OK for the most part. It is normal for some stems and stalks to turn purplish where the light hits them, but keep your eyes on it and if it starts to get worse, a dose of epsom salts is a quick and easy fix without worrying about lockouts. Just go easy on it, although I don't know the exact recommended dose... probably a half tablespoon/gallon of water, maybe start with half of that and see what happens. Results should be pretty quick.

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

Not purple I fink the veins are dark green. They are really prominent. Which I thought was a sign of magnesium deficney coming.

Yh seeds got leggy write at start that's why . They got enuff light now mate.

Do you get wa I mean with the leaves.veins look darker than the leaf itself

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

I did mist all of them today on top and us beneath the leaves with epsom salts.
I dno weva to ad low dose of feed or not. States on the bag of bat mix theres nutrients already in.
This is my soil

Screenshot 20200514 185832 Samsung Internet
Screenshot 20200514 190009 Samsung Internet
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

They look fine don't mess with em to much unless you wanna create a problem.

High light can make stems look a bit red and purpling is most often genetic.cooler temps can bring out more purple because anthocyanins do better in cooler temps.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Do you guys add calmag to soil ? Cant get 100%used to soil with slow releasing nutrients yet.
Only add if you see a deficiency. Any supplement will only help or improve your grow if it is deficient in it. So if they look healthy as yours do then as hard as it is the best thing you can do is sit on your hands and avoid changing that.

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

Only add if you see a deficiency. Any supplement will only help or improve your grow if it is deficient in it. So if they look healthy as yours do then as hard as it is the best thing you can do is sit on your hands and avoid changing that.
[/QUOT
What ph is best to use in soil ya think.
And do you water to run off in soil

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Depends if you fully organic or using inorganic nutrients. If using salts a bit of run off is good. Soil pH is usually not something you need to worry about most soils we use are prebuffered. The soil will buffer the ph. There is so many things that can affect it that I can't possibly list them.
6-7ph with more ideal being 6.2-6.7

Top Bottom