Day 10 of cloning

• Thread starter Cal9
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Cal9

Ok guys My clones are on day 10 of living in the dome. I cut 17 clones off the mother all at 45 degree angles, then dipped into clonex gel then placed into moist rockwool and into trays inside clone dome. the dome is sitting on a heating pad and the humidity monitor has read 77 degrees and 90-95% humidity for 10 days now. I have also kept clones somewhat moist and i still am not showing any roots!!!

Should I just be patient n ride it out, or am i doing something wrong or missing a step ???

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks for your time!

P

paulycali

Be patient! Also don't mist the plants just the dome. Mist the dome at least twice a day and in that process you'll air them out. Roots should be coming any day now. I hope for the best :)

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

The first part of getting cloning right is mental. You need to do a reset in your head because everything you know about growing plants is in there and has not got much application in cloning. What I mean is you want to grow roots, not leaf and plant. Most people think by adding this and that it goes faster but in fact it is the opposite and slows the root growth. I have been cloning since Christ was a Cowboy and I am still learning. People come into the stores everyday with failed cloning and it's because they don't understand you want roots not green. Anyway you have seen some of my other stuff so I'll just toss out some of the tips on my handout from the stores. :cool:

Don't cut at 45, cut straight. Do not cut at an angle this takes longer and has a higher failure rate.

Use very little cloning gel. All the cuts have natural auxin's in them some more than others depending where you take the cuts from. Most new growth has the most but this is not necessarily the best to use. More is not better!

Cut all your clones from the middle of the plant. Clones cut from the top root fast but grow slow. Clones from the middle of the plant root slow but grow fast. These are the cuts that are a little more woody ve the young top cuts that are more flesh like.

Keep them in the dark for a couple days, this encourages root growth.

mr roboto

mr roboto

Be patient little grasshopper, Shiet I just had a few clones that showed roots after 50 days!

C

Cal9

daaamn!!...well its now the 12th n i seperated the rockwool on a few and theres little white stubs like a 1/4inch of a begining root and theres a couple that have white and brown stubs, so im guessing those arnt gonna make it...

but now ive noticed that the heating pad is only getting humidity up to 76-78%, how else can i get my humidity up ?????

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
The first part of getting cloning right is mental. You need to do a reset in your head because everything you know about growing plants is in there and has not got much application in cloning. What I mean is you want to grow roots, not leaf and plant. Most people think by adding this and that it goes faster but in fact it is the opposite and slows the root growth. I have been cloning since Christ was a Cowboy and I am still learning. People come into the stores everyday with failed cloning and it's because they don't understand you want roots not green. Anyway you have seen some of my other stuff so I'll just toss out some of the tips on my handout from the stores. :cool:

Don't cut at 45, cut straight. Do not cut at an angle this takes longer and has a higher failure rate.

Use very little cloning gel. All the cuts have natural auxin's in them some more than others depending where you take the cuts from. Most new growth has the most but this is not necessarily the best to use. More is not better!

Cut all your clones from the middle of the plant. Clones cut from the top root fast but grow slow. Clones from the middle of the plant root slow but grow fast. These are the cuts that are a little more woody ve the young top cuts that are more flesh like.

Keep them in the dark for a couple days, this encourages root growth.

interesting I always thought that lower growth rooted faster due to the auxins.

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-an-auxin.htm

here's a tidbit on that ^^

I was told by a rockwool rep that cloning gel causes more cutting failure. The rep said that powder was the best.

Here is a perfect article on cloning:

http://horticulture101.wordpress.com/page/2/

the reason for the 45 degree cut is for more surface area to develop roots. cuts should be made just below a node for better success.

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

yep 45 degree, if you split it a cm or two it'll even double that surface area.

E

exileoner420

stick with it some plants take longer i've had ones root in 4 days the others 30!! once i had 12 clones after 2 weeks no roots tossed 10 of them kept two for shits and giggles on the third week roots!!! lesson learned i tossed a whole crop because i was impatient.

Top Bottom