Day 11 from sprout whats going on...

• Thread starter Jklem
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jklem

Jklem

Hey all. First post so bare with me. Its dwc with a 5 gallon bucket. I figured this was nute burn looked alittle less burnt yesterday so I dilluted my res with phd water to 5.8 and put in res. Brought the ppm down to 230. I use zero filtered water. I use gh trio with calmag hydroguard and most of the other gh line of nutes thats on their chart. Only thing that is throwing me off is this is a day later in the pictures and it seems to be getting worse. I noticed this as i was running late to work so I hurried and phd some water and diluted some more. The netpot is submerged in about an inch of the water until the roots come through. Also one more thing to add. Seems my ph goes up about .3 everyday so I have to adjust daily. Don't know it that is having a factor. Sorry if this is so all over the place... i hope she will be okay. First time grower

Day 11 from sprout whats going on
Day 11 from sprout whats going on 2
Jklem

Jklem

I guess I should also add that I have a mars hydro ts1000 which is 150 out of wall. Its 20 inches at 75 percent power. In a 3x3 tent. Ac infinity 6in with phresh 6in carbon filter. One air stone. The Netpot is 6in. Have a humidifier set to 60 in there also. Temps are usually from 76-80f

MHOGSMI

MHOGSMI

Yes, you should be using only water at this stage. I try to start feeding at my first 4-5 finger fan. But I'd be running plain water. Ph 5.8-6.0... ppm 150.... Have you had your water tested? Now that I've seen you 2nd post. Id back your light off to 30in at least...In the beginning, less is more.
Keep the water an inch below. Hand water for two ar three days. You dont want your rock wool soaked.

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

Yah my base water is way too high ppm like 300 so I use a filter called zero water filter. Water comes out 0 ppm. Shoule i use hydroguard and calmag then? Or just plain water and hydroguard
Maybe mix half-and-half tap water and 0 ppm water. You don't want 0 in the bucket.
Also, how are your temperatures?

MHOGSMI

MHOGSMI

If you don't go half and half as nate suggested. I'd be using a smidge of cal/mag.

Jklem

Jklem

Maybe mix half-and-half tap water and 0 ppm water. You don't want 0 in the bucket.
Also, how are your temperatures?
Only thing about my tap. I looked it up and it has floride in it and I heard thats not good for it. My temp of the water is about room temp. Usually 75-77 I insulated my bucket with reflective insulation tape

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

I meant the temperature of the room. If your water is 75F you NEED some kind of anti-fungal. Hydroguard is the most popular, I think. Without it, you're very likely to get root rot.

Jklem

Jklem

I meant the temperature of the room. If your water is 75F you NEED some kind of anti-fungal. Hydroguard is the most popular, I think. Without it, you're very likely to get root rot.
Alrighy awesome ill do that when I get home for my break. My tent goes from 76-81 degrees averaging at 76 at night usually 79 during the day. This is an autoflower btw so my light schedule is 24-0

MHOGSMI

MHOGSMI

See, what I was getting at by "this early in the game" you don't even have roots yet really. Hence the "smidge" anyhow.... Good Luck. Cheers yo!

Jklem

Jklem

See, what I was getting at by "this early in the game" you don't even have roots yet really. Hence the "smidge" anyhow.... Good Luck. Cheers yo!
Thanks a bunch ill post pictures tomorrow and shall see what she is looking like!

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

Alrighy awesome ill do that when I get home for my break. My tent goes from 76-81 degrees averaging at 76 at night usually 79 during the day. This is an autoflower btw so my light schedule is 24-0
FWIW, some people claim autos will do better with a little rest, even though they do not require a fixed light schedule. I'm growing one auto and one photo in the same tent, and have my lights set to 18/6. My auto is all stunted because I over-watered it early on, but it is finally recovering, I think.

Jklem

Jklem

I just switched the res out. Filled with 3 gallons. 1.5 ml of calmag 1.5 ml of hydroguard. Ppm are at 30. Ph is at 5.6. 1 inch below netpot i also pour 12 cups of water to go through the hydroton to cleanse the roots of the old nutes. I didn't resoak the rockwool though because it's still damp so the nutes are still in the rockwool though. Thanks again. All we can do is wait now. The light is now at 30in 75 percent

Jklem

Jklem

Here is what we are looking at today. My ph was 6.4 this morning... i don't understand why its fluctuating almost a whole 1.0 from yesterday. So I just phd it again to 5.6. Got one little root coming out the side of the netpot. What do you guys thing?

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

Looks good! Watch those new leaves for discoloration, let's hope they develop nice and green. 😎

PS - if the new leaves do show any discoloration, I propose moving the light away by 12 inches (ish).

Jklem

Jklem

Looks good! Watch those new leaves for discoloration, let's hope they develop nice and green. 😎

PS - if the new leaves do show any discoloration, I propose moving the light away by 12 inches (ish).
My light is currently at 30in 75 percent which would be about 100 watts. Any knowledge on the ph going up drastically?

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

I can only guess on the pH, I'm not sure I understand this chemistry well enough...

I think it is normal for pH to rise slowly in fertilized water. I'm fairly certain the process of leaching nutrients out of the water has an acidic effect, lowering the pH as the plant feeds. Your plant is too small to feed, so you're just observing a science experiment in a bucket. This is probably a contributing factor to the common process of using plain water until roots develop a bit.

Top Bottom