Day 15 from seed , they are powering

• Thread starter Shayne010944
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shayne010944

Shayne010944

So day 15 from seed.

these things are powering
Anyone’s suggestions to do anything better or just keep doing what I am ?

Day 15 from seed   they are powering
Day 15 from seed   they are powering 2
Day 15 from seed   they are powering 3
Shayne010944

Shayne010944

Raised to 600-700ppm today 1.2-1.4 ec

see how that runs for the week then up more again

Madmax

Madmax

I would go easy on raising the ppm bro..you could end up with salt buildup down the track...whats is your ppm of runoff..

Fuzzy_Buzzy

Fuzzy_Buzzy

Bring lights much closer, half the distance. Dim to 30%

LESS water would also help, dont water daily. And do that slowly.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I would keep doing what your doing.

Maybe bring down the lights some, need to see the lights/distance first off, so post up picks and explain the setup a little more, perhaps.

I also think making sure you saturate those containers and get 10-20% runoff would be helpful also.
Read this, it's coco, but this applies to some degree. Read about water tables, planter size, and wet dry cycles, to understand that a little better.

2Bad

2Bad

Bring lights much closer, half the distance. Dim to 30%

LESS water would also help, dont water daily. And do that slowly.
Don't listen to everybodys advice. I got this advice when I first started I didnt listen until a week later and I'm much happier now. Get someone's guiding hand in your inbox and stick with them. Watering everyday in coco is a must. Learned that from @Aqua Man

Fuzzy_Buzzy

Fuzzy_Buzzy

Ya, I shouldn't have commented on a coco coir grow. I've never used that, just use amended soil here.

Sure looks like soil to me, though. And I DO know better then to water soil daily, LOL. Roots need to oxidize and need aeration.

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

Ya, I shouldn't have commented on a coco coir grow. I've never used that, just use amended soil here.

Sure looks like soil to me, though. And I DO know better then to water soil daily, LOL. Roots need to oxidize and need aeration.
hey mate , its coco im growing in

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

I would go easy on raising the ppm bro..you could end up with salt buildup down the track...whats is your ppm of runoff..
my green planet book showing to get up to 850-950ppm by week 4 madmax ? is that wrong ?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

This is the truth 👊 haha. Water soil everyday and you got some dead plants in the making.

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

This is the truth 👊 haha. Water soil everyday and you got some dead plants in the making.
i was watering lightly until they have reached the size they are now . . i will up the water to get more run off now they have gotten bigger. one is powering for now 16 days from seed ( hope its not male as they are all regular seeds )

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

oh by the way , i am not running flood and drain. yes it is a flood and drain table elevated off the floor - ( this is to make sucking up run off water easier )

was all i could think of building at the time. and possibly i may do a flood and drain later down the track if i get more experience

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

i was watering lightly until they have reached the size they are now . . i will up the water to get more run off now they have gotten bigger. one is powering for now 16 days from seed ( hope its not male as they are all regular seeds )
Coco needs to be watered often... soil doesn't.

There is a big difference in the air and water holding capacities and they cannot be treated the same.

Have a read here brother. Will help explain the difference so you can understand the why.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

oh by the way , i am not running flood and drain. yes it is a flood and drain table elevated off the floor - ( this is to make sucking up run off water easier )

was all i could think of building at the time. and possibly i may do a flood and drain later down the track if i get more experience
Yeah you doing it right. Cheap to make an autofeed if you like. Prob like $60 plus a tote for a res.

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

Yeah you doing it right. Cheap to make an autofeed if you like. Prob like $60 plus a tote for a res.
ooh that does sound good . i still dont really know what you mean though . what is a tote ? im guessing making it a recycled system with a revivor ?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

ooh that does sound good . i still dont really know what you mean though . what is a tote ? im guessing making it a recycled system with a revivor ?
Like this kinda but many options. This is just how I did mine. It autofeeds from a tote that I use as a revivor and then gets pumped down the drain using a cheap condensate pump for a furnace. If you follow the coco watering thread it makes keeping up fertigation frequency a lot easier.

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

Like this kinda but many options. This is just how I did mine. It autofeeds from a tote that I use as a revivor and then gets pumped down the drain using a cheap condensate pump for a furnace. If you follow the coco watering thread it makes keeping up fertigation frequency a lot easier.
wow that is cool.

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

that looks mad . i wouldnt have a clue how to build that. what powers your pump just wall plug ?, whats the square plumbing pipe going around do ? is that full of water / nutes ?

Top Bottom