Day 15 Of Flowering And Now This Starts To Happen? Please Help.

• Thread starter Sadgrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sadgrower

I grow Critical Mass in rockwool slabs-flood and drain system. (i do it manually twice a day)

I use Ph perfect nutes 3 part series. I was actually running a drain to waste system to try and ensure no problems this time and guess what they happened anyway. the ec was always 1.6-1.8 in veg trickling up..I then continued the same feed until day 10 when clear pistils start to show. At which time i switched to maxi bloom but maintained the same EC. Im on day 15 now ans still at 1.9.

Temps are ideal throughout 75 with light on 68 with them off.

Ph is always 5.8-6.2. Below are the pics.

The small plants are on day 1 of flowering -nice and green and pretty much no problem. (Light green may be attributed to the first 12 hours of dark yesterday). The pics were taken seconds apart from each other.

The bigger plants that have the damage that started on day 12 of flowering are on day 15 of flowering. On day 10 as usual i switched to maxi bloom-Basically 1 teaspoon per gallon which leaves my ec at 1.8- 1.9.

My tap water has 0.14 of whatever already in it- I use a milwaukee EC pen that has never failed me. I also use a good ph pen. I am in Rio de Janeiro and dont have all the access to all the shit from back home. This ISNT my first rodeo either in fact im sad to say i have many years in the business but am now losing control of everything right around the 2nd week of flower. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP. IM THE SADDEST GROWER ON THE PLANET RIGHT NOW.

As a measure i began to add Cali magic only yesterday but I am unsure if thats the fix or not so im jumping the gun and asking for help. I have many more racks vegging they all look great the problem occurs in the 2nd week of flowering. THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANYONES HELP

Day 15 of flowering and now this starts to happen please help
Day 15 of flowering and now this starts to happen please help 2
Day 15 of flowering and now this starts to happen please help 3
Day 15 of flowering and now this starts to happen please help 4
Day 15 of flowering and now this starts to happen please help 5
Day 15 of flowering and now this starts to happen please help 6
Day 15 of flowering and now this starts to happen please help 7
Day 15 of flowering and now this starts to happen please help 8
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Try mixing a half a cup or so of garden gypsum into your feed water.

S

Sadgrower

um im in Brasil and I doubt I can get garden gypsum...in 20 years I've never heard of that either.any other ideas? like on what's happening and why?

A

A.Sherman

To much pk not enough calmag, ec to high overall. Flush and bring it closer to 1.0ec. After flush theyll be soaked so see if you can wick them dry a little. Ive had this problem in the past so id like to hear other answers too. You can pull those leaves, theyll just bum you out more lookin at them. Dont forget the calmag, your tap water is pretty low

S

Sadgrower

SWEETNESS THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT I WILL KEEP THIS THREAD UPDATED EVERY FEW DAYS WITH PICS.

FOR NOW IM FLUSHING EVERYONE FOR 3 DAYS THEN GRADUALLY START JUICING AGAIN WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT MIXING GRO+FLOR NUTES? IVE BEEN SEEING THAT AS A RESPONSE.

THE EC WAS ALWAYS 1.8 IN VEG AND THEY VEGGED PERFECT NOT TO DARK GREEN...SO I JUST CONTINUED WHATS THE HIGHES YOU GO?

THANKS AGAIN DUDE(S)

A

A.Sherman

That may be cause it was the grow nutes in veg, the higher pk in the bloom WITH low calmag and high ec overall is my best guess. Using both veg and flower should be fine as long as you flush with ec closer to 1.0 and have enough calmag. There might be calmag in your veg nutes but plain bottle of calmag might be better. 1.9ec of bloom nutes seems like it would be the cause though... i think those numbers would be for a much bigger plant and bigger rootball all around.

Read this guy, hes dropping some wisdom https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/stop-chronic-overfeeding-and-some-tips-with-canna-coco.48642/

Last edited:
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Never flush coco with straight water, it will show up later as deficiencies. Always put fertilizer in water for coco, even when you flush.
Garden gypsum should be available at any retail or garden store, it's little clay pellets that add calcium to your media without changing the Ph. Calmag suppliment is a good idea also.

S

Sadgrower

dear dr mkskunkins...thanks for..the reply...if.you had read my entire post you would know i am not working with with coco coir. I work with rockwool...also i am.in brasil and GUARANTEE that i.cant find gypsum anything down. here in any pharmacy grow store or whatever...thanks though for at least breezing through the info...and giving your 2 cents...

ILL have other posts and i.hope you read it thouroughly before posting a half (ass) read response that has little to.do with the situation here in.brasil....
thanks though for real...smoke up

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Rockwool is just like coco, just like hydro, if you go flushing them with straight water for days you are gonna have problems in a few weeks, have a good one

S

Sadgrower

START A POLL THEN...

IS ROCKWOOL AND COCO THE SAME THING? IS IT THE SAME TREATMENT?

LETS SEE WHERE WE STAND AFTER OTHERS WAY IN.

thanks again homie.
smoke up!!

A

A.Sherman

Its not exactly the same but what hes saying is correct, just flush with ~1.0ec.

I Dont know what to say bout your calcium source, maybe theres a chicken farm nearby, i think theres away to process calcium out of eggshells. Epsom salt for calmag, do they not have amazon in brazil you could just order a bottle of calmag+ or calimagic.

S

Sadgrower

The difference in coco coir and rockwool is as follows: They CAN be very similar, but that depends on your coco to perlite ratio AND the brand of rockwool because with rockwool they all have different density ratios.

When using "cultilene" rockwool its different than GRODAN its denser so it holds more water.

Coco coir ratios are from 50/50 all the way to 75/25 coco to perlite...meaning you can make your mix hold more water or more air and drain better or drain less. With rockwool the density ratio is usually on thier website, and they are different meaning they act different.

One difference in coco coir is that it holds back more nutrients than rockwool... when mixed correctly coco coir can have the same kind of density, hence the drainage is equal and both contain no nutrients initially.

I responded to the knowledgeable Mcskunkins like that for 2 reasons

1. Why take your time to respond to a post about a problem in rockwool with an answer about flushing coco? why is COCO even mentioned?

2.A guy with 2500 posts should be thorough and i guarantee he wasnt in reading the post. Or else he would have given an answer about the topic or at least an opinion---or even better a solution.

3.I posted the same exact thing on forums across the globe ( you can check, same name) NO ONE WHO RESPONDED FROM THE UNITED STATES CAUGHT THE FACT THAT IN THE POST THAT "AS A PRECAUTION I SPRAYED BUD CANDY ON THE LEAVES. NUMEROUS FORUMS IN ITALY, ENGLAND AND SOUTH AMERICA HINTED ON THAT.AS IT IS BAD FOR YOUR PLANTS..AND BEING THAT I WROTE THAT ON PURPOSE (DIDNT SPRAY LEAVES WITH BUD CANDY) AT THE BOTTOM JUST TO SEE WHO READ THE ENTIRE POST .I ALMOST LOST FAITH IN YOU GUYS BACK HOME. Bottom line--- everyone on this thread is right!!even Mcdunkins...I just wish it was about the thread and not a vague response from a supposed respected member with as much activity on his account as he has..(makes you wonder how many of those posts are useful and on topic huh?)

thanks everyone for thier time even the Dr....I have the problem under control and will post new pics and what it actually was in 3 more days as to not leave anyone in the dark as to what works and what doesnt. Too many effin threads with no follow ups on here WTF

its midnight and im in rio ...time to go hunting

good night to all and thanks in advance for thouroughly reading my post and spending your time to answer!!

Last edited:
xenon730

xenon730

@Sadgrower
where is list of respected members? post count doesn't mean knowledgeable and if you're reading forums for advice and thinking like that, you're gonna get nowhere fast. there are tons of different and plain incorrect answers regularly posted here from people with low and high post counts. you have to be able to discern the usefulness of what you're reading or using the internet to learn in any way is going to lead to you taking a bunch of hearsay from random people as fact. you don't need to know anything to post here or have a high post count or to be popular or anything else. people's answers speak for themselves and you should follow up on any posts you're not sure of respectfully so you can discern if that person is knowledgeable or not. or read their post history. the benefit of a forum is you can click around to find out if someone knows what they're talking about or not. you can also use searches to find repeat solutions, etc. but i think your point is misguided. why are you using an arbitrary number to judge credibility or effort on the internet?

Last edited:
S

Sadgrower

@Sadgrower
where is list of respected members? post count doesn't mean knowledgeable and if you're reading forums for advice and thinking like that, you're gonna get nowhere fast. there are tons of different and plain incorrect answers regularly posted here from people with low and high post counts. you have to be able to discern the usefulness of what you're reading or using the internet to learn in any way is going to lead to you taking a bunch of hearsay from random people as fact. you don't need to know anything to post here or have a high post count or to be popular or anything else. people's answers speak for themselves and you should follow up on any posts you're not sure of respectfully so you can discern if that person is knowledgeable or not. or read their post history. the benefit of a forum is you can click around to find out if someone knows what they're talking about or not. you can also use searches to find repeat solutions, etc. but i think your point is misguided. why are you using an arbitrary number to judge credibility or effort on the internet?

S

Sadgrower

Xenon, Im gonna take the high road here dude. I have a life...I actually get laid...and wont say anything more to those who are unfortunate to not have those two things all the time. I will pray for you, and your homeboy to find some shit to do other than type bullshit misinformation on grow forums.

"IF WE ALL TOLD THE TRUTH, ALL THE TIME, WE WOULD NEVER HAVE TO REMEMBER ANYTHING"

-Mark Twain

xenon730

xenon730

Xenon, Im gonna take the high road here dude. I have a life...I actually get laid...and wont say anything more to those who are unfortunate to not have those two things all the time. I will pray for you, and your homeboy to find some shit to do other than type bullshit misinformation on grow forums.

"IF WE ALL TOLD THE TRUTH, ALL THE TIME, WE WOULD NEVER HAVE TO REMEMBER ANYTHING"

-Mark Twain

that's a lot to assume from a post that mostly agreed with you. you must not have understood. that doesnt surprise me. reread my post or find someone literate to do it for you because you clearly didn't even read or understand my post. and are you 17? only those desperate to have sex or teenagers would try to brag about getting laid on a public forum. seriously find an adult and have them read my post to you because i didn't defend mcskunkins and did alot more of the opposite you illiterate wannabe grower fratboy. everything from your posts shows child with no grow knowledge, why are you insulting anyone? don't talk smack on a forum where you openly stated you sprayed bud candy on your plants and cant read a label. you need to grow up some before speaking in public, you clearly can't handle it without getting emotional like a teenage girl. and my point stands, using the internet to learn something you know next to NOTHING about will get you nowhere. buy a book on growing, read it three times and come back, hopefully when you're a few years older. and i don't believe for a second that an experienced grower would be the saddest grower on the planet from these symptoms and would know enough to flush and fix this because they actually feed properly and know at least a little. be honest this is your first or second grow isn't it?

and your veg plants are black, not nice and green, your feed is off which is no surprise with your knowledge and products. fix your feed and this will stop immediately. unfortunately, you don't have three knowledge to fix that and nobody with it would bother with you after your last post. have fun getting laid by your fat gf with your baby buds mr. high road.

Last edited:
S

Sadgrower

Xenon your good dude I am LOL for real. Pay attention to this post you moron obviously you didnt read the resposes cuz its clear i didnt spray bud candy on the leaves. READ you punk, if your gonna answer the topics at least read the whole fuckin thing. That goes out to all you who think you know. I forgot more than you know now child. I was growing when you were in grade school, Ive produced more than your net worth kid...get a life and stop posting bullshit ...I on the other handI will post pics that will make you envy me...just pay attention from now on and well see where we stand.... And oh you idiot the feed is not off those plants its genetic of critical mass, it has afghan in it dickhead true indicas are dark like that when healthy--In fact ive had phenotype of purple urkel that was 100% purple all throughout almost black....I bet you would say i was OFF then too...LOL ...stay tuned kid. and stop answering other peoples post starting "My guess is", bitch I dont need to hear your guess NO ONE does...I need to hear an exact response Ill then weigh in other exact responses unti its obvious whats up. Your freind mc dunkin mentioned a chicken farm nearby here in rio where you guys can meet up to plot what kind of BS to type next. lol hahahah lol fuck off kid

xenon730

xenon730

Xenon your good dude I am LOL for real. Pay attention to this post you moron obviously you didnt read the resposes cuz its clear i didnt spray bud candy on the leaves. READ you punk, if your gonna answer the topics at least read the whole fuckin thing. That goes out to all you who think you know. I forgot more than you know now child. I was growing when you were in grade school, Ive produced more than your net worth kid...get a life and stop posting bullshit ...I on the other handI will post pics that will make you envy me...just pay attention from now on and well see where we stand.... And oh you idiot the feed is not off those plants its genetic of critical mass, it has afghan in it dickhead true indicas are dark like that when healthy--In fact ive had phenotype of purple urkel that was 100% purple all throughout almost black....I bet you would say i was OFF then too...LOL ...stay tuned kid. and stop answering other peoples post starting "My guess is", bitch I dont need to hear your guess NO ONE does...I need to hear an exact response Ill then weigh in other exact responses unti its obvious whats up. Your freind mc dunkin mentioned a chicken farm nearby here in rio where you guys can meet up to plot what kind of BS to type next. lol hahahah lol fuck off kid

obviously 16 and first grow. you're only saying now you didn't spray bud candy because you got laughed at elsewhere. also, you still can't read, i criticized mcskunkins just like you, you idiot and its not the first time I've done it either. and I'm sorry but teenage threats about the future are funny. you will become absolutely nothing in the cannabis world, you know nothing now, and after this post, ill never think about you again. anyone who knows anything knows you clearly know next to nothing and are blatantly lying about yourself and what you do to your plants. you can't even grow healthy plants and are smack talking actual experienced growers. you are unhelpable and a waste of everyone's time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom