Day 21 Into Flower Progression Question...

• Thread starter ChiT
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ChiT

ChiT

Using Canna Bio Terra. I’m happy with the progression. However, others seem to be progressing faster at the 21 day mark? Should the flowers be more developed being 3 weeks after the flip?

Day 21 into flower progression question
Day 21 into flower progression question 2
Day 21 into flower progression question 3
Mostlymooses

Mostlymooses

No those look just fine for three weeks. Different plants will have different finish times
Even the same seeds can finish different times. Really only clones will be about the same.

Madmax

Madmax

Its not really 3 weeks when you take into consideration that they didnt start budding till lets just say between 8-12 days in flower ..i count from bud onset when they are the size of the tip of you baby finger..something around that..

They are looking good..

ChiT

ChiT

Its not really 3 weeks when you take into consideration that they didnt start budding till lets just say between 8-12 days in flower ..i count from bud onset when they are the size of the tip of you baby finger..something around that..

They are looking good..
So if the strain is rated At 60 days for flowering, that does not begin as soon as I flip? The 60 days will be closer to 70 from the flipping point? BTW, strains are Humboldt Dream & Limoncello ...

Also, ended up vegging close to 90 days while attempting to solve nutrient issues. There was crazy pre-flowers when I flipped as flowering began within 3 to 4 days after the flip.

Last edited:
Madmax

Madmax

Well thats how i see it.someone will correct if im wrong..i use the time they state as a guide but are usually close to the mark..most will say for eg 7-8 weeks to flower but not from flip...mine didnt start till day 14 and they mentioned 7-8 weeks .im at day 54 flower 68 in flower room and right now theres no amber bar one just starting ..so i will go another 10 days .that will make it 78 days in flower room..

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

No. Breeder estimates are from flip. They just only mention the fastest pheno and fastest grow time or they just lie. No one would buy seeds that say 11.5 weeks like the plant in front of us might take.

its just marketing.

now saying a hybrid will flower 8 weeks from first sign of pistils stacking. That is a good realistic estimate.

Madmax

Madmax

They should mention from flip MIM as i dont see many mention that at all....

When i grow plants outside they are near spoton from bud onset how long they take..

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

They should mention from flip MIM as i dont see many mention that at all....

turning the lights to 12/12 is the obvious start time. Why would they need to say it? Only weed forums could confuse something so simple imo.

When i talked to the breeder of ch9 he said he could indeed take his blt seed to 70% brown pistils in 7-8 weeks. The europeans used to feel that was done. Trichs are about 50/50 clear/cloudy then on most blt seed plants in my experience.

i like to truly finish the flowers till all white pistils have pretty much receded and it is at least 100% cloudy trichs all over but that takes me 10 weeks from flip usually.

Its marketing more than lying.

Last edited:
Madmax

Madmax

They are full of shit ..i usually go to 20% amber ..not many have the patients to keep them going..missing out on weight ..

Ph 007

Ph 007

Using Canna Bio Terra. I’m happy with the progression. However, others seem to be progressing faster at the 21 day mark? Should the flowers be more developed being 3 weeks after the flip?
Looks normal bud size to me for the stage your at

I need to ask what's that camera for ? Some sort of leaf temp monitor?

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
plants look healthy.👊
Your at the perfect stage to pluck some foliage. Open up those bud sites, and they will surly fill in.
Start the Count, the day you set 12/12.

Mostlymooses

Mostlymooses

plants look healthy.👊
Your at the perfect stage to pluck some foliage. Open up those bud sites, and they will surly fill in.
Start the Count, the day you set 12/12.

Listen to this guy. Get on them now before they have flowered too much and you are cutting off weight. week 3 is usually the latest I like I prune.

ChiT

ChiT

Looks normal bud size to me for the stage your at

I need to ask what's that camera for ? Some sort of leaf temp monitor?

Remote Grow - Trying to monitor as much as I can remotely with cams along with WiFi Humidistat, thermostats, smart plugs, etc. FYI, I keep the night vision off as to not create any IR at night.

Oldmanbud50

Oldmanbud50

Well thats how i see it.someone will correct if im wrong..i use the time they state as a guide but are usually close to the mark..most will say for eg 7-8 weeks to flower but not from flip...mine didnt start till day 14 and they mentioned 7-8 weeks .im at day 54 flower 68 in flower room and right now theres no amber bar one just starting ..so i will go another 10 days .that will make it 78 days in flower room..
Think ya ryt on that max. I do the same.. Don't go off flip go of Pre-flowers. Gl with grow m8 looks nice

Oldmanbud50

Oldmanbud50

No. Breeder estimates are from flip. They just only mention the fastest pheno and fastest grow time or they just lie. No one would buy seeds that say 11.5 weeks like the plant in front of us might take.

its just marketing.

now saying a hybrid will flower 8 weeks from first sign of pistils stacking. That is a good realistic estimate.
The man of wisdom strikes again.. N1 meds

ChiT

ChiT

Listen to this guy. Get on them now before they have flowered too much and you are cutting off weight. week 3 is usually the latest I like I prune.

Will gently defoliate some fan leaves covering the center. Moose’s, Greenthumb , and anyone with insight....Any thoughts on how much to defoliate/prune?

Mostlymooses

Mostlymooses

I like to start off from the base of each branch and follow it up to the tip. Pick a spot that you want to set as the bottom of your canopy, and try to keep all your plants cleaned up to that level. Below that line, on every branch, remove any secondary/tertiary nodes growing off your main branch, while trying to leave the large fan leaves that are growing next to them.

The idea is cleaning up all the little nodes that will end up being underneath everything up top anyways and are not getting as much light as your canopy. all the energy your plant would have put into these lower nodes are instead redirected into your nice remaining tops. Some people like to strip everything on their branches up to the last 4-6", essentially creating a few big buds instead of a lot of smaller ones.

A good rule of thumb if you are not sure is if it is getting direct light on it, leave it, even if it's a lower branch poking all the way up to your canopy. Also this is again personal preference but on larger branches I like to take any nodes off that would be hanging underneath the branch in regards to the light source, instead of to the side or above.

I'll take a few pictures of mine to hopefully give you some ideas. Try to go for less removal than more, once it's off it's off! But if you make a mistake don't worry, you will have plenty more chances to try in the future.

Edit: here's a phone picture of mine running 2 out of 3 tables the pictures quality is bad but if you zoom in you can see how I pruned mine. I will get some better pictures tomorrow.
IMG 20210220 125723

Last edited:
Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
using your clean hands, with gloves preferably. Pluck the larger red stem fans, starting from the base. Leave at least 2 full sets of leaves on each branch up top.
Keep the smaller green stem fans on there to develop further.
you will get a feel for the fans that come off with minimal force. ✌️

Top Bottom