Day 35 , Stems turning purple during flower. Running drip irrigation. Do I increase EC values or decrease irrigation ?

• Thread starter Dankgardens313
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dankgardens313

Dankgardens313

Stems recently turned purple. I have several strains in the room. Some genetics have the same purple stem issue and some don’t. This may be a genetic based issue but I usually don’t run into this. Usually I would rather increase EC/PPMs or decrease irrigation. Anyone going through this ?

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

I read somewhere that sometimes an abundance of certain spectrums (like red or uv) can trigger a similar response where the stems turn reddish purplish color to basically protect the flesh from unwanted light in unwanted areas. There's other things that can do it too tho, an imbalance of certain nutrients tho I'm not sure what it was exactly that triggers it.. surely someone else can expand on this

BirdLaw86

BirdLaw86

Stress and cold temps are normally the culprit for purpling. If you arent stressing her and if you know temps in canopy and rootzone are optimal then check into magnesium levels. Mine showed major purpling, the one suppliment i did not add at that time was MG, i added in some of my flower bloom top dress and now the growth above the purpling is green again as if the newer growth in the stems is healthier than the inches below it. To me it said MG was my issue and now purpling has relaxed.

Madmax

Madmax

Sorry cant do link but checkout this page..some good answers here..just type in search bar and it should come up..👍
Screenshot 20211118 030213

Dankgardens313

Dankgardens313

Stress and cold temps are normally the culprit for purpling. If you arent stressing her and if you know temps in canopy and rootzone are optimal then check into magnesium levels. Mine showed major purpling, the one suppliment i did not add at that time was MG, i added in some of my flower bloom top dress and now the growth above the purpling is green again as if the newer growth in the stems is healthier than the inches below it. To me it said MG was my issue and now purpling has relaxed.
Thanks for the info bud . I’ll add some cal mag to the tank today and hope I see a difference .

Dankgardens313

Dankgardens313

My temps are dialed in . Only issue I have is my temps are at 70-71 lights off , I’m supposed to be around 74-75 during this phase in bloom. Maybe it’s the cold or maybe it’s the MG but I’m definitely giving it a try and I’ll keep you guys updated

Top Bottom