Day 35: Too Big and deficient? I must be doing something wrong.....right?

• Thread starter diletone
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
diletone

diletone

This is my first time growing anything ever so I have compensated with research. At this point Im looking for advise, which is greatly appreciated. I've kept detailed notes daily and recorded a timelapse since the beginning of week two. So far Ive 5 x Blue Dream (non-feminized) all started in solo cup at the same time in HF, 2 weeks later moved to 3 gal of 1/2 HF + 1/2 OC, 2 weeks later moved to 100% OF. I water every 2-3 days with Liquid Seaweed + Molasses in RO pH 6.6 - 6.8. I also brew a tea every week with COM Lobster Compost + WC + Liquid Seaweed + Molasses. Im thinking now that messed up by not amending my soil proper in the beginning. Maybe someone can look at the photos and tell me Im wrong but Im thinking Ive used up all the nutes that were in the OF. Yellow and dead tips start 2 days ago on 3 and the yellow leaves on 2. The other 2 are completely fine for now. I have topped twice (6th node, 3rd node) but havent yet perfected LST. So maybe that has something to do with the fact that, and again correct me if Im wrong but they seem 2 to 3 times larger than everything else Im seeing at 35 days since germination.

Day 35 too big and deficient i must be doing something wrongright
Day 35 too big and deficient i must be doing something wrongright 2
growsince79

growsince79

They look hungry. They're some fast growers, but I wouldn't say 2-3 times normal.
Heres some day 35 pics

Reactions: PK1
PK1

PK1

Supporter
i assume the two pictures with the deficiencies was dealt within cuz the other pictures maybe have a bit of curled leaves but happy in general. is that why the lights are slightly adjusted?

diletone

diletone

i assume the two pictures with the deficiencies was dealt within cuz the other pictures maybe have a bit of curled leaves but happy in general. is that why the lights are slightly adjusted?
Hey thanks for taking a look. Both photos were taken at the same time 2 hours ago.

growsince79

growsince79

This is my first time growing anything ever so I have compensated with research. At this point Im looking for advise, which is greatly appreciated. I've kept detailed notes daily and recorded a timelapse since the beginning of week two. So far Ive 5 x Blue Dream (non-feminized) all started in solo cup at the same time in HF, 2 weeks later moved to 3 gal of 1/2 HF + 1/2 OC, 2 weeks later moved to 100% OF. I water every 2-3 days with Liquid Seaweed + Molasses in RO pH 6.6 - 6.8. I also brew a tea every week with COM Lobster Compost + WC + Liquid Seaweed + Molasses. Im thinking now that messed up by not amending my soil proper in the beginning. Maybe someone can look at the photos and tell me Im wrong but Im thinking Ive used up all the nutes that were in the OF. Yellow and dead tips start 2 days ago on 3 and the yellow leaves on 2. The other 2 are completely fine for now. I have topped twice (6th node, 3rd node) but havent yet perfected LST. So maybe that has something to do with the fact that, and again correct me if Im wrong but they seem 2 to 3 times larger than everything else Im seeing at 35 days since germination.
How much light are they getting?

diletone

diletone

If you stick with organic, happy frog dry amendments work good. Water in using 1 cup/gallon piss.

I'd dim the lights a bit until you get back on track. you can also do 16-8
Ok dropped down to 60%. I measured 538 on my shortest one and 744 on the tallest. About getting back on track, Im totally onboard with remaining organic but was hoping to avoid urinating on the microbes as I grown quite fond of them over the past few weeks. I have amendments on hand but Im not certain on which to top dress and water in.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Hey thanks for taking a look. Both photos were taken at the same time 2 hours ago.
i'll let @growsince79 walk you through it, he is good with the organic stuff and i don't deal with organic, but welcome to THC

Cookie_Monzter215

Cookie_Monzter215

Looks like slight magnesium deficiency. Use a liquid bone meal for organic calmag supplement.

400-600ppfd is ideal for veg on 18/6 photocycle.

diletone

diletone

Looks like slight magnesium deficiency. Use a liquid bone meal for organic calmag supplement.

400-600ppfd is ideal for veg on 18/6 photocycle.
I was thinking it was mag as well. Didnt know about the liquid bone meal, is that readily available for the plant or is there some lead time? Someone mentioned epsom salts on another forum. I have GH CalMag on hand but did not want to use it after some reading on microbes. I can keep the lights at 60% moving forward until flower, so thanks for the tip. Speaking of flower, is it ok to take these into veg another month or is that something I should be planning for sooner?

Top Bottom