Day 48 flower W/ nutrient issues. Advice needed.

• Thread starter Gasman5.0
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gasman5.0

Gasman5.0

On day 48 of flower and I have this one sickly plant that I germinated after some others had sprouted and couple died so it’s been behind from the beginning as the others stretched on up this one never did and in May they all measured 3” within each other and now it’s only 18” and the other two 40”.. Anyways I have this lightening of the upper leaves with veins looking greener in contrast too the lighter leaf and lower leaves are yellowing here 48 days in and I’m seeking some guidance for best actions too take.

Last runoff test 7/15/20 I feed 6.5ph 75ppm water and with a initial 250ml runoff 6.0ph 400ppm and the 1200ml measured the same as the initial 250ml. and the previous runoff test on 7/6 - 334ppm/6.02ph.
The plant is in a 5 gal pot in potting soil and have been watering in @ 300ppm GH Maxibloom, 30ppm Flower Fuel booster @ ph 6.5 since 7/19 to date. I’m considering a heavy flushing with a light Maxibloom dose of 250ppm @ 6.5 till my runoff matches exactly what I’m flushing with.. being 48 days into flower is this a good plan or a possible disaster I should avoid.

Indoor grow sealed, 4x5x8’ with all walls and ceiling covered in reflective materials.

A/C climate controlled grow conditions 77deg 38~50r

Lighting
1)250W Samsung LM301B 3000k/660 NM Quantum Led Grow Light + Meanwell HLG Driver
2) Morsen M-1000w full spectrum

Two carbon filters 8” and 4”.

Day 48 flower w nutrient issues advice needed
Day 48 flower w nutrient issues advice needed 2
Day 48 flower w nutrient issues advice needed 3
Day 48 flower w nutrient issues advice needed 4
Day 48 flower w nutrient issues advice needed 5
Day 48 flower w nutrient issues advice needed 6
Day 48 flower w nutrient issues advice needed 7
Last edited:
TaimerPots

TaimerPots

From my experience dark leaves that curl downward are showing signs of over feeding. You should just give her r/o ph'd water and wait until the top inch of the soil line is dry.
She doesn't look too bad other needing some defoliation. Air should be able to throughout the plant to avoid mold.

Gasman5.0

Gasman5.0

Well I went on a head with the flush after some thought. I watered in pretty slow at first and caught the first 75ml dripping out 5.92ph and 708ppm. I watered in 3 gallons total, first two were 6.5ph and 350ppm Maxibloom and my ph and ppm wasn’t where I wanted it so I followed up with the last gallon of straight tap water only @ 6.8ph and 78ppm and I waited and caught the last 250ml of runoff and it was at 6.18ph and 321ppm so I moved back in the room and put a fan close aimed right at the bottom of the pot too move air around all the holes in and around the bottom too help dry it..along with two other fans in the room and a 4” inline carbon filter setup for scrubbing air inside the room so there is plenty air movement just nothing direct it’s all aimed at walls, floors or ceiling.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Your ppm are fine. To much airflow, maybe to much light and looks like over watering lately.

Remove all that dead stuff off the bottom it's begging for bugs

Do you have CO2?

infam0usgro

infam0usgro

Your ppm are fine. To much airflow, maybe to much light and looks like over watering lately.

Do you have CO2?

I was literally gonna say the same. Clean the bottoms up, and dont over water !

Gasman5.0

Gasman5.0

Do you have CO2?

It’s probably about too drown.
I gave it its routine watering Monday and turned around and water boarded the poor girl with additional 3 gallons through it on Tuesday.. so I aimed two fans at the pot on high speed that are normally on low speed on the floor pointing at a wall and let both of them run 12hrs too help dry it out, I moved them back pointing at the floor walls and got em back on low speed this morning... This girl it’s been subjected too out right wind abuse and also nute burn from me when I accidentally 🤬 watering with a mix of high a ppm intended for the bigger plants with by accident.
2E8411B5 AD7E 43E7 ACEC 25E5FABFEF16

I removed all the dead leaves this morning and any other yellow leaves that would pull off easily.
I do not have any additional CO2 feeding the room.
This plant is really small at roughly 18” tall
41F934BE E658 4232 97C8 47E50FEBD408
compared too the other two plants that have buds almost as tall as she is and they are over 40” tall.
D10E418F 8D0F 4731 AC5C 803C60A8C0E8
43581816 452C 4A50 A6A8 6E3039622E73
039487F9 A37B 443D A179 01FC1351F74D
All plants were within 3” of each other back in May this one has lagged from the there.
In the video or pictures the plant in the back it this one and it’s actually sitting on top of another 5 gallon bucket so I could get closer too the light it’s so short.
Video with two fans on the floor back on low and one 7” wall mounted clip-on aimed at the tops under the lights. Does this look like too much air flow?
It’s gorilla grow.. I’m in Tx so I keep the small 4” carbon filter running 24/7 and these little USB small clip-on fans running too keep the air moving around get it filtered. I have the 8” filter as a stand-by incase the odor gets noticeable.

This is my first grow and there is no doubt my plants wouldn’t be in as good of shape as they are in if it wasn’t for the knowledgeable base on here and those like yourselves who reach lend a hand.

Thanks again for taking your time and helping.. It’s very much appreciated.😊

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It’s probably about too drown.
I gave it its routine watering Monday and turned around and water boarded the poor girl with additional 3 gallons through it on Tuesday.. so I aimed two fans at the pot on high speed that are normally on low speed on the floor pointing at a wall and let both of them run 12hrs too help dry it out, I moved them back pointing at the floor walls and got em back on low speed this morning... This girl it’s been subjected too out right wind abuse and also nute burn from me when I accidentally 🤬 watering with a mix of high a ppm intended for the bigger plants with by accident.
View attachment 1007582

I removed all the dead leaves this morning and any other yellow leaves that would pull off easily.
I do not have any additional CO2 feeding the room.
This plant is really small at roughly 18” tall View attachment 1007589 compared too the other two plants that have buds almost as tall as she is and they are over 40” tall. View attachment 1007593View attachment 1007592View attachment 1007591 All plants were within 3” of each other back in May this one has lagged from the there.
In the video or pictures the plant in the back it this one and it’s actually sitting on top of another 5 gallon bucket so I could get closer too the light it’s so short.
Video with two fans on the floor back on low and one 7” wall mounted clip-on aimed at the tops under the lights. Does this look like too much air flow?
It’s gorilla grow.. I’m in Tx so I keep the small 4” carbon filter running 24/7 and these little USB small clip-on fans running too keep the air moving around get it filtered. I have the 8” filter as a stand-by incase the odor gets noticeable.

This is my first grow and there is no doubt my plants wouldn’t be in as good of shape as they are in if it wasn’t for the knowledgeable base on here and those like yourselves who reach lend a hand.

Thanks again for taking your time and helping.. It’s very much appreciated.😊
You may have to reduce the lighting without CO2. Plants that size can eat it up pretty quick. I would be surprised if it's not part of the issue.

I don't like recommending CO2 bags but I think you should at least do that

Gasman5.0

Gasman5.0

Thanks bud.. I like my lil throw together room, I just need too address a few things like getting both filter systems off the floor and mounted on the wall too making better use of my limited space, add some bigger volume saucers/ pans so I can preform runoff test and flushing in place without moving the plants and install additional electrical plugs and get rid off all these damn power strips & cords and I’d like too have a CO2 system before the grow.
I’d gotten burned on deal for $600 and that is when I started this grow with no research. I had some random seed went and bought a big bag of Miracle Grow potting soil, perlite, brick of coco and a little peat moss mixed it all and off I went growing outdoors for the first few weeks blindly for the most part then started reading about growing indoors and stumbled across THC Farmer read a little more and bought a 4x6 grow tent a Morsen 1000w light that’s actually 189watts draw and a filter system and set it up in my toy-hauler’s garage for a couple weeks till the Texas summer heat was too much for the A/C too deal with efficiently in the back where the garage is so they went back outside until I came up with this solution and built this room and back inside they went after two weeks or so outdoors.
I’m really looking forwards too the next grow after these girls are done and all the room updates are finished. I bought a variety of auto flower feminized seeds like Jack Herer, Girl Scout cookie and Bubba Kush for the round.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks bud.. I like my lil throw together room, I just need too address a few things like getting both filter systems off the floor and mounted on the wall too making better use of my limited space, add some bigger volume saucers/ pans so I can preform runoff test and flushing in place without moving the plants and install additional electrical plugs and get rid off all these damn power strips & cords and I’d like too have a CO2 system before the grow.
I’d gotten burned on deal for $600 and that is when I started this grow with no research. I had some random seed went and bought a big bag of Miracle Grow potting soil, perlite, brick of coco and a little peat moss mixed it all and off I went growing outdoors for the first few weeks blindly for the most part then started reading about growing indoors and stumbled across THC Farmer read a little more and bought a 4x6 grow tent a Morsen 1000w light that’s actually 189watts draw and a filter system and set it up in my toy-hauler’s garage for a couple weeks till the Texas summer heat was too much for the A/C too deal with efficiently in the back where the garage is so they went back outside until I came up with this solution and built this room and back inside they went after two weeks or so outdoors.
I’m really looking forwards too the next grow after these girls are done and all the room updates are finished. I bought a variety of auto flower feminized seeds like Jack Herer, Girl Scout cookie and Bubba Kush for the round.
Sounds like you made leaps and bounds in terms of knowledge. Shit only goes to waste if you don't learn from it. You get that room dialed in and a couple grows under your belt and you will reap the rewards.

Honestly need co2 in a sealed room or some ventilation but looks like things are starting to brighten up

Gasman5.0

Gasman5.0

Today marks 7weeks / 50 days into the flower cycle so by the time I get a CO2 system it’ll be right at week 8 and close too harvest I don’t feel like there would be any noticeable gains with only couple of weeks too go... What are your thoughts?

I’ll definitely have a CO2 setup for the next grow. I was trying too decide between better light or CO2 setup since I’m sealed up pretty good and I ended up upgrading my $69 light and I’m glad I did, my plants really took off with new Samsung quantum light and I’ll probably add another one just like it for the next grow if the funds are there. I’m learning as I go and I’m keeping a detailed grow journal which is proving too be valuable.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Today marks 7weeks / 50 days into the flower cycle so by the time I get a CO2 system it’ll be right at week 8 and close too harvest I don’t feel like there would be any noticeable gains with only couple of weeks too go... What are your thoughts?

I’ll definitely have a CO2 setup for the next grow. I was trying too decide between better light or CO2 setup since I’m sealed up pretty good and I ended up upgrading my $69 light and I’m glad I did, my plants really took off with new Samsung quantum light and I’ll probably add another one just like it for the next grow if the funds are there. I’m learning as I go and I’m keeping a detailed grow journal which is proving too be valuable.
Yup your making the right moves. Incase anyone is reading and wondering why I say CO2 is needed it's not because he has the lighting to fully take advantage of co2. It's more to ensure he can provide the 400-700ppm that he will see some benefits from but more importantly so the CO2 does not drop below 400ppm.

There are diy CO2 you can do super cheap for now. Let me look some up for ya

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It's better than nothing. The middle bottle acts as a bubble counter so you can see how much CO2 is being produced and when it stops producing and needs to be replaced. In a small sealed space this will work. For those reading and think of doing this in a tent with air exchange it won't.

There is an important note to this. More is not better so I found another article that explains that and gives a recipe. Of you get a CO2 monitor you can see how well it's working for you but personally I would just go bottled with a controller once you can afford to do so.

The last important thing is the line out of the bubble counter should be placed above the plants. If you just tape it to the middle of the ceiling would be perfect.

Gasman5.0

Gasman5.0

Thanks bud👍🏼...
Idk why I didn’t think about that. I have a one gallon setup like the video and I was using it when I first built the room but I removed the hose going through the wall when I insulated the walls and added the reflective covering on them and I didn’t put it back think I’d buy a real setup and totally forgot about it. Got the jug in my hand and off too mix up batch!

Thanks for the help.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks bud👍🏼...
Idk why I didn’t think about that. I have a one gallon setup like the video and I was using it when I first built the room but I removed the hose going through the wall when I insulated the walls and added the reflective covering on them and I didn’t put it back think I’d buy a real setup and totally forgot about it. Got the jug in my hand and off too mix up batch!

Thanks for the help.
Good stuff.

Latest posts

Top Bottom