Day 49 Trics look amber? Help?

• Thread starter richdash
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Chop them ladies?

• Yeah, what are you waiting for?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah, you're retarded they arent ready yet!

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Flush a few days then chop!

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
R

richdash

Ok, so I am growing some genetics that I sourced from elemental. The strands were supposed to be 9 week strands but when I took a close look today on Day 49 I can see what I think are cloudy and amber turning trics. Attached are pics... Should I chop early or am i just trippin? Plz help! I didn't even start to flush yet!

Day 49 trics look amber help
Day 49 trics look amber help 2
Day 49 trics look amber help 3
Day 49 trics look amber help 4
J

Jalisco Kid

I like my herb around 2/3 cloudy most of the time. But that is not what tells me she is done. Smell, texture/firmness,growth rate(swelling) that is what I look at for knowing when to flush. My trics never get to amber anymore as my herb would be deteriorating by then. I noticed this the last few years since I use more fulvic and kelp. JK

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

...you're due to start the flush anyway so do that, start the flush and harvey at day 63 as planned.

peace, bozo

Bannacis

Bannacis

agree, let em go on. not the best pic's out of focus or blurry can resemble cloudy heads. and usually you get a 60-75% of the hairs turning rusty redish.

so 60-75- hairs turning.
you want to see a few heads turn amber.
clear to cloudy=up and racy...
cloudy to amber= couch and lock...
and you want fan leaves to fade yellowish (on most strains)

ok I went to elemental's web site, did you bye them locally?
they only list one strain..."The true OG" and with no grow stats. is that the strain you have?
so you harvest time can very if your grow environment is different from the breeders. which I guess it is...
never harvest too early...have patients...:)

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

If it's a 9 week strain this is a Great time 2 start the 2 week flush.. I'd say the crystals look cloudy or Milky there not quite Amber yet>>> when that top mushroom like head turns reddish color ur gettin ripe

Natural

Natural

These guys are spot on about flush and time.
Best place I found to look is the bottoms of the buds mid to upper..at this point I don't need a scope anymore. Can literally see them turn milky and sense/see the amber coming.
The only ones I ever really worried about over-ripe is pure indicas...a little trickier to nail. The hybrids and sativas can have a longer looking milky window. Also some strains/phenos will have a few amber trichs while the majority are still crystal clear. Those are the trickiest, but patience and sampling go a long way.

Last edited:
R

richdash

I really appreciate all the responses! The pictures are pretty bad. I am using a digital endoscope and then took pics with my phone of the screen. about 5-10% of the trics had amber tips on them but it clearly doesn't show in the photo's as well. Really sorry about that! There are several different strains going. the one showing the amber quite a bit is blue dream. I am growing SOG style so I only have one cola on each plant. They are super frosty and quite a few pistols are orange on the plants with the amber trics...

Black Lab

Black Lab

You got some really good advice from some good growers already. I don't look at amber trichs on leaves for readiness. I find amber trichs on some leaves long before they are ripe. I look on the buds for some amber before chopping indica and hybrid. Sativa I look for cloudy and then chop. Don't want to much amber on a sativa or it takes from the soaring type high. To much clear and it might scare me with anxiety :)

R

richdash

Thanks again people! I will flush starting tonight and update. I really appreciate the support of the community, it is an awesome thing...

Latest posts

Top Bottom