Day 56. 20kW Coco, Fire OG, Sykwalker OG, Power and Plat OG. and vile root aphids.

• Thread starter waylon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

waylon

This my second grow and I felt as if I would lose it all to root aphids. I had a pretty nasty invasion and they eventually got to almost all my plants and chewed countless roots and many many leaves crumbled and dried away before their time.
that struggle is detailed here on the thread below, and some wonderful folks such as seamaiden and lil miss lone advised me what to do and i pretty much controlled the situation enough to harvest:

Anyways im making it to harvest and i have some questions as to when i should start flushing to get them ready to the chop. the fire og has red pistils that have wisped, and i was wondering if anyone can tell from the pics if its safe for me to let them go a little longer and hopefully have them fill out, because they are kinda lean and i wonder if they would add more weight. The skywalker og still has lots of white hairs, and im seeing what looks like foxtails on some of those and i want to avoid that, i dont want anything that isnt kinda dense. i dont know if i should chop that early because my temps are fine and i dont know what could be causing it. i had some strains foxtail on my first grow and those buds came out airy and looked like a bunch of fingers.

heres the pics as they are attached
fireog
fireog
skywalker og
skywalker og
plat og
power

thanks everyone!

Fireog day56 a
Fireog day56 b
Skywalkerog day56 b
Skywalkerog day56 c
Platinumog day56 b
Powerog day56 b
Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
Waylon reppin the ie w/ lovely ladies

WAYLON, those look pretty good to me bra, and they always smoke sweeter when u overcame the challanges and still made it to the finish line! What we learn from the battles are invaluable, next crop will b off the hook im sure...

COnfu...
btw, set up looks clean and safe like the fire supresser in the 1st pix. I also run bare back vert bulbs.

sticky icky

sticky icky

Man those look awesome to me waylon sometimes we get hit with the elements but those turned out bombbb!I would deff let atleast the skywalker go until the bud fills out to the calaxes and if you can snag a decent microscope check out your trichomes and see where there at it all depends on what kinda high you like myself I like about 30 amber I think its deff safe to let them go a bit longer.How many days are they at now waylon?Regardless those are gonna be some kill you did a great job on them brotha each grow your skills are gonna steadily elevate nice work mang!

W

waylon

WAYLON, those look pretty good to me bra, and they always smoke sweeter when u overcame the challanges and still made it to the finish line! What we learn from the battles are invaluable, next crop will b off the hook im sure...

COnfu...
btw, set up looks clean and safe like the fire supresser in the 1st pix. I also run bare back vert bulbs.

thanks bro, my first grow was a battle with the super spider mites that almost shut me down, and this grow the fucking root aphids almost took me out. whats next?

as for you running vertical bare bulbs, have you come across any strains that grow very dense and tight buds?

W

waylon

Man those look awesome to me waylon sometimes we get hit with the elements but those turned out bombbb!I would deff let atleast the skywalker go until the bud fills out to the calaxes and if you can snag a decent microscope check out your trichomes and see where there at it all depends on what kinda high you like myself I like about 30 amber I think its deff safe to let them go a bit longer.How many days are they at now waylon?Regardless those are gonna be some kill you did a great job on them brotha each grow your skills are gonna steadily elevate nice work mang!

im on day 57 now. i will let them all go a little longer; the fireog looks pretty much done, but they are not forming big buds. i was hoping they will fill out if i let them go a little longer. the skywalker is either foxtailing or calyx stacking, so if i understand you correctly, the bud will fill out to all the calyxes? thanks man!

sticky icky

sticky icky

Hey wut up waylan no prob man, Yup the the bud should fill out all the way to the calaxes,do you have a scope check the trichomes that is your guideline as to when there really done og's usually look done anywhere around 50 to 60 dayz they deff won't dissapoint ya if you takem 70 75 slam the temps down at night keep your humidity at 45 givem cold cold water when u flush 2 days of darkness the last 2 dayz b4 chop them galz will be oozin resins/oils and will gain some color and weight$$$ from the cold.

RIVAL79

RIVAL79

Funk Master!
Supporter
Those girls still look awesome bro. Hope things work out better next time. Good luck waylon!

W

waylon

Hey wut up waylan no prob man, Yup the the bud should fill out all the way to the calaxes,do you have a scope check the trichomes that is your guideline as to when there really done og's usually look done anywhere around 50 to 60 dayz they deff won't dissapoint ya if you takem 70 75 slam the temps down at night keep your humidity at 45 givem cold cold water when u flush 2 days of darkness the last 2 dayz b4 chop them galz will be oozin resins/oils and will gain some color and weight$$$ from the cold.

that sounds like a great plan... what temp do you recommend going down to during the night cycle? thanks!

W

waylon

Today is day 63, and I feel very blessed. I've noticed a lot of bulking this past week. I will be taking these girls down soon.

Pics:
2 x Skywalker OG
2 x Platinum OG
2 x Fire OG

SkywalkerOG day63 a
SkywalkerOG day63 b
PlatOG day63 b
PlatOG day63 c
FireOG day63 b
FireOG day63 c
W

waylon

Day72

Im ready to harvest. Even though I had the bad root aphid invasion, this grow still turned out so much better than last time. I didnt have any spider mites or hermies to worry about this round, and I got my humidity levels and temps under control. And I wont have much larfy shit to trim, and im real happy about that :)

Skywalker og day72 1
Fire og day72 1
Power day72 1
Platinum og day72 1
Growroom day72 1
Growroom day72 2
sticky icky

sticky icky

Dammm lookin tasty as hell bro i bet its smellin so good in there whats your fav?

W

waylon

Dammm lookin tasty as hell bro i bet its smellin so good in there whats your fav?

from the looks and smells of things, i would say the fire og is my favorite. the buds are dense and the most frosty and oily. i followed your advice finishing them up and they frosted over really well!

2DogWalker

Way,

Those are some Fat nugs for having issues bro, hats off to ya, have a blast blazing on that harvest :)

2Dog

W

waylon

chopped...

Kill'd it Bro!!!!!!

bomby! i woud love to taste that lol

Way,

Those are some Fat nugs for having issues bro, hats off to ya, have a blast blazing on that harvest :)

2Dog

thanks guys!

i chopped everything at day 73. they are drying at ~65F and ~55% RH. no mold so far and the drying is going nice and slow. 10 days of drying so far and the buds are still moist. im thinking to drop the humidity soon.

some harvest pics:

Growroom day73 Harvest01
Growroom day73 Harvest1
Fire og day73 harvest1
Power day73  harvest3
La con day73  harvest3
sticky icky

sticky icky

Oohh yeahh that's a beutiful thang happy harvest waylon!

Top Bottom