Day 58: How much longer do you think?

• Thread starter Dragula
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dragula

Dragula

On day 58, chopping the purple kush this weekend and curious about this other plant. Unsure of strain, fan leaves are starting to yellow. How much longer do you think they have? Thanks in advance.

2021 07 23 18 06 21
2021 07 23 18 06 35
2021 07 23 18 06 51
2021 07 23 18 07 05
2021 07 23 17 59 08

RonnieB2nd

RonnieB2nd

When a plant is ready you'll notice the water intake go way down, the orange hairs will shrivel up and most of all they'll be orange and not white, if you haven't buy you a 10 dollar jewelers loupe so you can hit the mature window exactly when you want. More milky than Amber is my personal preference. A plant is at its most potency hen all trichomes are milky. The more amber they get, the more couch lock, downer feeling you get. If you like an uplifting smoke that gives you energy euphoria and good mood. Harvest with mostly milky trichomes.If you want a mix of downers and uppers have a 50/50 (best guess) mix of the two. I personally like about 5-10% amber and no more. Asking if a p lant is ready actually has many answers..

growsince79

growsince79

When a plant is ready you'll notice the water intake go way down, the orange hairs will shrivel up and most of all they'll be orange and not white, if you haven't buy you a 10 dollar jewelers loupe so you can hit the mature window exactly when you want. More milky than Amber is my personal preference. A plant is at its most potency hen all trichomes are milky. The more amber they get, the more couch lock, downer feeling you get. If you like an uplifting smoke that gives you energy euphoria and good mood. Harvest with mostly milky trichomes.If you want a mix of downers and uppers have a 50/50 (best guess) mix of the two. I personally like about 5-10% amber and no more. Asking if a p lant is ready actually has many answers..
How do you check the trichs buried in the center of the bud? The ones you can't see or hear.

Dragula

Dragula

These are from 2 days ago, forgot to post cause they were buried. I bought a 60x loupe but it's kinda difficult to use, especially for photos. Definitely buying a digital microscope for the next run.

2021 07 21 18 08 37 0001
2021 07 21 18 08 30
2021 07 21 18 08 24
2021 07 21 18 07 50
2021 07 21 18 06 44
RonnieB2nd

RonnieB2nd

These are from 2 days ago, forgot to post cause they were buried. I bought a 60x loupe but it's kinda difficult to use, especially for photos. Definitely buying a digital microscope for the next run.
You've got milky clear and a touch of Amber, it depends on what you like. Do you like to get knocked down, or more social feeling ? If you want more energetic I'd give it ...7-10 more days, The amber you do have is on the sugar leaves.....Look for amber on the buds themselves..

RonnieB2nd

RonnieB2nd

I'm getting older and my eyes aren't perfect but I do have my glasses on, but correct me if I'm wrong..Are the amber mostly on the sugar leaves?

RonnieB2nd

RonnieB2nd

How do you check the trichs buried in the center of the bud? The ones you can't see or hear.
I don't guess you do, you look on the inner and outter edges of the buds themselves...Google Amber trichomes on cannabis bud or milky, select images and see what you think

growsince79

growsince79

I don't guess you do, you look on the inner and outter edges of the buds themselves...Google Amber trichomes on cannabis bud or milky, select images and see what you think
Ed Rosenthal says clear trichs are the most potent and cloudy is degraded. IME it depends on the strain what color ripe trichs are.

RonnieB2nd

RonnieB2nd

Ed Rosenthal says clear trichs are the most potent and cloudy is degraded. IME it depends on the strain what color ripe trichs are.
That's incorrect.
Trichomes are very cloudy – This indicates the optimum harvesting time for most cannabis cultivators. Potency will be at its highest, especially THC count and pain-relieving effects will be at their most beneficial at this stage.

RonnieB2nd

RonnieB2nd

That's incorrect.
Trichomes are very cloudy – This indicates the optimum harvesting time for most cannabis cultivators. Potency will be at its highest, especially THC count and pain-relieving effects will be at their most beneficial at this stage.
Amber is the start of quality going to crap. A plant with mostly amber or all amber is considered useless in professional circles

growsince79

growsince79

Amber is the start of quality going to crap. A plant with mostly amber or all amber is considered useless in professional circles
Tell that to some of the autoflower guys. Some say 50% amber is ripe. IDK I do reg photo plants and they are all different. Some plants amber way too soon and some won't amber until they rot or you chop them.

Dragula

Dragula

I'm getting older and my eyes aren't perfect but I do have my glasses on, but correct me if I'm wrong..Are the amber mostly on the sugar leaves?
Ill post some better pics when its closer to lights on. I believe most were on the sugar leaves and there were some on the top of the buds, I did think the trichomes were still mostly clear my original plan was to wait another 5-7 days and go from there.. I was hoping they all would finish around the same time so I could use my tent for drying.
You've got milky clear and a touch of Amber, it depends on what you like. Do you like to get knocked down, or more social feeling ? If you want more energetic I'd give it ...7-10 more days, The amber you do have is on the sugar leaves.....Look for amber on the buds themselves..
I am going for a more relaxing, anxiety reducing feel but I dont want to be "couchlocked" real bad. I believe I was told to go for a more amber color..

RonnieB2nd

RonnieB2nd

Tell that to some of the autoflower guys. Some say 50% amber is ripe. IDK I do reg photo plants and they are all different. Some plants amber way too soon and some won't amber until they rot or you chop them.
I didn't say it's wrong. People like what they like but strictly going by textbook standards a 100% or close amber plant is considered useless. Im just the Messager

growsince79

growsince79

I didn't say it's wrong. People like what they like but strictly going by textbook standards a 100% or close amber plant is considered useless. Im just the Messager
Who's textbook? They all disagree with each other. Just ask Ed.
My message to newbies is don't use a scope. A mediocre eye and nose is all you need.

Pondracer

Pondracer

I like mine cloudy with enough amber trichs that you don't have to guess whether or not you are seeing them. I think its person specific, and strain specific as to when to harvest to get what you want. You just have to try it. Nice looking buds btw.

Latest posts

Top Bottom