Day 70 Organic Auto Deficiencies, What’s Wrong?

• Thread starter socialgrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
socialgrow

socialgrow

Help! My day 70 ILGM Jack Herer Auto(on the left) is having some issues!! It’s run in 10 gal organic soil (alongside a Green Crack Auto) w worms, top dressed regularly primarily with BAS worm castings. I use happy frog all purpose 6-4-5, rainbow mix bloom, worm castings, and a few different nitrogen sources, including malted barley and oats.
JH just went into flower in the past few days after a long veg. The spots are a few nodes down from the fresh growth. Leaf tips are crispy especially on the spotted leaves; ILGM forum users seem to think crispy JH leaves are unavoidable. I was just out of town and saw more necrosis/leaf drop towards the bottom of the plant than I expected, possibly indicating a P shortage.
Based mostly on these reference images and descriptions, my first impression is either Mg, K, and/or P. It could be a pH issue, as I’ve been using oyster shell (component of BAS Coots minerals) with coir without anything to lower/buffer pH. Calcium should be fine, as I used Coast of Maine lobster compost as a base, the bloom mix has bone meal, I’ve top dressed a good bit of crab & lobster shell, and Coots minerals has calcium.
I just gave it a shot of seaweed, lite calmag, ful power, and fish sh!t. I have dolomite I could throw on for Mg, but I don’t wanna further alkalize if that’s my issue.

What do y’all think?

Day 70 organic auto deficiencies whats wrong
Day 70 organic auto deficiencies whats wrong 2
Day 70 organic auto deficiencies whats wrong 3
Day 70 organic auto deficiencies whats wrong 4
Day 70 organic auto deficiencies whats wrong 5
Day 70 organic auto deficiencies whats wrong 6
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Welcome to the forum. The plants are a little nitrogen burned.
These plants are far enough into flower they need a lighter dose of Nitrogen so keep that in mind.

Bone meal takes 3 or 4 months to break down in living soil.
You should add it at the soul 30 days before starting an auto so it has a little head start.

Just watch the nitrogen and they will be fine.
Look into alfalfa meal for nitrogen next time around.

Last edited:
Top Bottom