Day 81 good news/bad news help plz

• Thread starter comeupg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

comeupg

Ok so those of you that have been following know we have been having some issues.

We are at day 81. One white widow, one Northern Lights Blueberry and one Lemon skunk.

The WW looks excellent, the Northern lights got mostly burnt down and only one top survived :/. The Lemon skunk Is just not flowering? I'm positive she is a girl too ????

The next problem is that we are getting major yellowing of leaves. Most of them have crunchy tips and mostly all fan leaves are turning yellow. Nirtogen?

Can I get nitrogen or what I need at home depot. It is really the only thing i have access to and this is becoming a major issue. PLEASE HELP

im guessing i got about another 2 weeks on the widow and blueberry?

These are all under 1400watss off cfls! (not the cfl wattage the regular wattage) They are under 8 75w cfls and 4 200w's!

These girls have been 12/12 and LST from seed. THANKS!:evilgrin0040:

thank you:harvest:

Day 81 good newsbad news help plz
Day 81 good newsbad news help plz 2
Day 81 good newsbad news help plz 3
Day 81 good newsbad news help plz 4
Day 81 good newsbad news help plz 5
S

SSHZ

Crunchy tips generally is fertilizer burn........ and I'm guessing the build up of salt (fertilizer=salt) is causing lock out because your pH is way low (salts lower ph). Your pic's kind of suck which makes it hard to really see clearly but flush well and begin a more mild bloom fertilizer 1/2 strength.

hiboy

hiboy

By looking at the soil in the 4th pic it looks like your way overwatered. Thats a mistake many make,,,,,,,,,,, Being in day 81 you might as well forget about improving this round. Look towards next round, and keep it simple
Less is best most of the time, with nutes, water,. I think maybe your overcare is what stunted these. when your ready to start over, read up or post a thread for starting info
hiboy

C

comeupg

@hiboy. I have to water them well once a day maybe its because my pots are so small. Should I just chop now or wait it out another week or 2?

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

It's hard sayin what's wrong ,but if I was u I'd start flushing them for a week or two then cut them down. Start up a new crop and a grow journal then the good people here at the farm can help you with your next grow. Good luck

C

comeupg

i been flushing since day 1 never fed them nothing but water. in mirical grow 3 month feed mix

S

SSHZ

Well, that's the problem. You cannot use MG potting mix/soil for marijuana with much success. It releases to much Nitrogen for a flowering/fruiting plant, it turns quite acidic after 2 months as the lime in it is used up and MG fertilizer is loaded with poor-quality salts which doesn't help thing either. If it was over watering, the leaves would be bending downward and those symptoms would be more evident. Purchase either pro mix or sunshine mix at a local garden store, add lime and perlite and buy a good complete hydroponic fertilizer and you'll have much better success next time.

J

justwannablaze

Lol that plant looks hurt xD What's that gonna be? Half a gram? lol better luck next time man.

C

comeupg

we need supplies that can be bought from home depot. we are starting again tonight!

B

Bearsfather

SSHZ - "You cannot use MG potting mix/soil for marijuana with much success. " - absolutley false. I use it all the time, with very good success...

S

SSHZ

Well Bear, you're a rarity then. It's well documented it's not good for growing pot. Some mix it 50/50 with other mediums but it must be stain dependent cause most have trouble with it eventually, especially late it flowering......

S

smokestack23

If you're in Canada RONA carries GH nutrients and several mediums including Hydroton and Rockwool, and of course pearlite, Sunshine, Promix, coco.... It's a great thing if you live in the boonies and there's a RONA nearby. Otherwise, order some proper nutes online. You really want to spend the few dollars it'll cost you to use real nutrients. You can find pearlite and coco or peat at ANY hardware store or garden supply store.

You won't have to spend very much at all to go soiless with some decent nutes. Then your weakest link will be inadequate lighting or air.
Which brings me to my second point.

I think you mentioned that you have a "partner" in this grow-op? Can't the two of you scrape up enough to buy a 400 or 600 watt MH or HPS? It won't set you back much more than the price of a nice bag of weed and will produce many many bags in return.

I hate to say it but using CFLs and MG medium will not yield you stellar results. Swap either the CFLs for proper lighting...or..the MG dirt for proper medium and nutes and you'll see a drastic improvement. Switch both and you'll actually start yielding a normal amount.

My two cents.

C

comeupg

@smokestack23 We are working with an approx 2ft by 4ft space.

I would like to go soiless in this space with a 400w. About how would it cost with the ducting/materials we would need. minus the cost of the lights obv.

I would also like to add a micro veg/mother chamber up top, since this is all micro anway :)

S

smokestack23

You can get 400watt kits that come with hps and mh bulbs, cooltube, digital ballast, reflector, cables, yoyos and timer for under $150 shipped all day on eBay.
You could run it with or without the cooltube.

You don't need a large fan for that space but..I know that on eBay you can get a 440cfm fan with 6" filter and 30' of ducting (I've been getting a lot of stuff from the same seller) for around $100 if you're patient. I actually saw a few 8" 700cfm w/can and ducting kits go for UNDER $100 last week.

Check out completed listings and you'll see how much (or cheap) stuff goes for. That fan set-up would be quite overkill for your room. I'm just saying that for even smaller it would be even cheaper.

Be creative. For a room that size you can easily McGyver a ventilation system.

PEACE

D

dank_

Well Bear, you're a rarity then. It's well documented it's not good for growing pot. Some mix it 50/50 with other mediums but it must be stain dependent cause most have trouble with it eventually, especially late it flowering......

Nutrients are nutrients. I don't know much about it but I believe what's bad about MG is the crystal-like state of the product that causes the reported negativities. Salt buildup is #1.
^my opinion

C

comeupg

basically i want to do something like this guys. I have about 2 weeks to get supplies before these mothers are ready.

We are dealing with a grow space that is approx 2ft by 3 or 4ft x 5.5ft tall. I want to do a dual setup where there are two 400w lights "stacked" on top of each other.

I want the whole thing to be areophonics. So there would be a bottom flowering chamber with 8 small areo plants in it, and a top chamber with 8 small areo plants as well. Im not sure how the best way to design this would be with one resivor?

I then have a shelf above where the flowering chambers 5.5ft height limit is. Up there I want to put a small mother box that reaches too the ceiling, with a cloning chamber next too it.

Im figuring with a dual flower setup, cloning etc, I can reach the goal of the micro growers that are getting a QP every two weeks with perpetual harvesting?

What is a good place to buy the areo misters, tiny little tubes, and areo nutes i would need?

S

swisscheese

Maybe you might not want to mess with any type of hydro until you get some more knowledge and experience growing in a soil or soiless medium. There's a lot of stickies on here that are worth looking over too.

C

comeupg

the prob swiss is that we are working with minimal space (urban living) and want too maximize our yield on the 2nd go round. What would you recommend?

S

swisscheese

A soil or soiless grow and reading all the stickies and looking through a few grow journals on here. Get the basics down before you make it all complicated.

C

comeupg

from what I have read aero is much easier than soil or soiless because everything is 100% controlled.

Add x amount of PPMs or whatever and you will have great results. I have to brush up a lot and that was a bad example I'm real lit.

Basically whip out the hole saw cut come holes in some pvc, fit it wil some misters angle them put a resivor on the other end and hook the pump up to a timer.

Then set my nutes according to spec and throw a co2 tank under the setup...

Just seems like if we are goign to go through the work/risk we might as well go for max yeild?

Top Bottom