day dreaming about growing

• Thread starter paulie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
paulie

paulie

After reading heaps on this site I've worked out that no matter how much $$ I have there is all ways going to be a bigger light,better light, bigger room etc. So I can all ways get better stuff after a grow or two. So was wondering do you guys think $400-600 is to low to start off with for 2 plants + mother. Would want to only grow indoors all so want to grow in soil.Need a smell killer. On wish list is MH+HPS 600 W. Look forward to people thoughts btw I'd preferably not want to buy off EBay. Am in Australia. Please feel free to ask me questions so that you can get a better idea. Thank you for taking the time to read this. Yes I know it is a low amount to start off with but unless I get offered better job that is about all I can spend.

Dunge

Dunge

Things I believe to be true:
Plastic films, sticks, and staples can define the boundaries of a grow space very economically.
Carbon filter canisters with a duct fan glued to the top work well for odor control, and activated carbon for re-fills can be had on ebay.
You will probably want to vent your space to the outside.
Temps 70-89 deg F and humidity 50-60%.
Try to find good seeds. It's worth the effort.
One 600W will serve a bloom space about 4x4 feet without much threat of overheating.
Any affordable light seems to be ok for veg space, but the more light the better if looking to produce many clones from a mother, but just enough light to keep it growing slowly will probably feed a small flower room.
Consider growing clone to clone.
I take cuttings when plants go into flower.
Nine weeks later, the clones are ready to go into flower after harvest.
This site will provide all the help you need to make it work.
It's up to you to start.
Enjoy.

paulie

paulie

Thanks for your reply Dunge but want to stay away from ebay. As the only address I have would be the grow house so can't have stuff sent here. Did get seeds sent to me under false name at old job but not there any more.

paulie

paulie

All so what $ do you think I'd need if $600 is to low to start with

T

tngreen

Should be enough if you buy smart and go very simple on the set up. Hand water with pots of soil or coco with a basic nutrient line. Could check with local nurseries if they have any spare pots or at least real cheap and they may even give you some soil. Get good odor control/ventilation over the best light. Control your environment.

Dunge

Dunge

Get good odor control/ventilation over the best light. Control your environment.
Like tngreen said. I'd just add that lighting costs a bunch to run, so try not to dig yourself into a hole. Might want to consider fluorescence.
Oh, and pay your electric bill on time.

Top Bottom