Daylight Saving Time?

• Thread starter itza419
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
itza419

itza419

Do we all agree to give the girls one hour extra sleep tomorrow? Lights out at 5:00a.m on at 6:00p.m.

StandingRock

StandingRock

An extra hour or one less won’t hurt it. Light schedule isn’t that important. I leave mine as is so it’ll be back to the correct time tomorrow.

King Julien

King Julien

I just set my light to stay on an hour longer and set it to go off an hour earlier. I needed it to be at the same time due to my schedule.

As long as you don't screw with the sacred number of no less than 12 hours of dark you're fine.

You can leave your lights on for 28 hours, like I did week 4 of flower years ago, and just make sure they get 12 hours of uninterrupted darkness after it and they'll be fine. You can even grow them in 24 hour day/12 hour night intervals they would just take for freaking ever to finish budding and without a weight increase worth the time spent flowering while you could be growing another crop. What a forgiving plant.

True time is irrelevant to them. It's all about hormones and chemical transference.

Junk

Junk

Plants don't observe time change like that. That's man made. Indoor I leave everything as is just adjust my time an hour sooner
That's what I've been thinking this whole time. The plants don't care what the actual time is. My are lights on 7pm -7am. I just leave everything alone, now they are on 6pm-6am.

In flower, I wouldn't give the plants an extra hour of dark time. In veg, it doesn't matter.

Leew421

Leew421

Yeah I'm now going in at 7 and they go off at 530am now

G gnome

G gnome

That's what I've been thinking this whole time. The plants don't care what the actual time is. My are lights on 7pm -7am. I just leave everything alone, now they are on 6pm-6am.

In flower, I wouldn't give the plants an extra hour of dark time. In veg, it doesn't matter.
Why not? Jt wont hurt nothin bjt i do the same thing fwiw i go from 7am-7pm jn summer to 6am-6pm in winter bjt i do change the clocks on my timers and controllers. Cant stand havin the wrong time

Junk

Junk

Why not? Jt wont hurt nothin bjt i do the same thing fwiw
In flower, I wouldn't bc they are on a schedule, and I don't really see the need to. If the time change throws off my internal clock, they might notice too? It's just how I feel...like the plants might see the alteration as a stress.

But I've never tried it to know if it will actually harm them. My mind just feels more comfortable not putting the time change on them.

If it doesn't hurt them, that's good to know.

G gnome

G gnome

Well slow your roll..
It wasnt earth shattering lol..
I wish your ass was here to help me fix my water leak!!! Lol..

In flower, I wouldn't bc they are on a schedule, and I don't really see the need to. If the time change throws off my internal clock, they might notice too? It's just how I feel...like the plants might see the alteration as a stress.

But I've never tried it to know if it will actually harm them. My mind just feels more comfortable not putting the time change on them.

If it doesn't hurt them, that's good to know.
it doesn't. Giving them an xtra hr of light on the other hand isnt good

Top Bottom