Days Of Darkness Before Harvest?

• Thread starter Mari420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mari420

Mari420

Ive been reading about the 24-72 hours of complete darkness before harvest. There have been mixed results. What do you guys think about it?

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

good luck with this one im not even gong to put my 2 cents in bc I know every one will have there only thing to say so id like to wish u the best of luck lol

Mari420

Mari420

good luck with this one im not even gong to put my 2 cents in bc I know every one will have there only thing to say so id like to wish u the best of luck lol
I've just said so much different shit about it haha. Some people swear it's the only way to get the best pot, others say it's bullshit and kills the plant/stresses her out. I'm just trying to get some different opinions haha.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

u said it lots of opinions lol and if u are harvesting the plant u are killing/stressing the plant out

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
This topic was discussed last week...and the week before the search has a million posts about this very topic with almost the same title

Mari420

Mari420

This topic was discussed last week...and the week before the search has a million posts about this very topic with almost the same title
I'm sorry for posting about this topic, I just can't seem to find any good information about it. I searched a few other forums and actually found 2 high up forum members aurging about it. There is just too much controversy over it.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
No need to apologize I just know I saw a 3 plus page thread last week sit in the resent post . I personally leave em in the dark for a few days I feel the terps are better that's just me tho

420Artie

420Artie

I tried it and confirmed its a myth. There was less frost, it's actually counter intuitive think about, your starving your plants of light how's that going to you give you more frost.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

they say it helps bc your plants uses light to bud so u put them in the dark for days and they use up all that light/power in to making the buds fatter befor u cut

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

the people that been doing it for longer then most of us been alive lol .... and u said you did a side by side and u did not get more frost you did this side by side what 10 time 50 times 100 times to get a base???

Paperchase

Paperchase

Well since u guy's tlkin bout the darkness is a myth and won't work wat about the ice cold water a few days before harvest will it do the same ?

str8fire11

str8fire11

Huh never heard that before gotta love all the things you hear on the farm!

420Artie

420Artie

the biggest 3 myths when it comes to cannabis cultivition. darkness,ice then hot water.

Paperchase

Paperchase

Well I got one plant that um gne try the ice water on since I have to empty my ice maker every other day anyway

str8fire11

str8fire11

Never tried lights out or the ice water treatment looks like I'll be experimenting this harvest

str8fire11

str8fire11

Haha advice noted no ice water or hot water. The darkness intrigues me as BOG does it and I'm growing sour bubble at the moment...

Top Bottom