De Cmh?

• Thread starter BosStrong
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BosStrong

Hey guys I just started my first grow (still seedlings) and i already want to increase my lighting come flowering. I already have a single sun systems 315w RA but i was wondering if anyone had any experience with the growers choice DE cmh?

Derf Werfler

Derf Werfler

Surprised nobody answered. I have been checking out both 315 and 630's over at GH. The Growers Choice DE 630 CMH certainly has a great price point, but no reviews.

H

heisen

I like the 315s.you can spread them out over a canopy and don't get the shadows and less intisity.2 315s are taking my single 600 hps to school.i think the 2,315s spread out will be better unless you wanna run 2 630s side by side in a 5x5

Derf Werfler

Derf Werfler

@heisenbubble - Thanks for your input! So to be clear, you think 2 315's are a better way to go than a single 630? I appreciate your opinion! Thank You!

Derf

H

heisen

Based on all the research I did yes.unless you have a bigger area and want to run duel 630s but I think 2 315s will cover the area a little better.but the cost will be more 2 ballast and 2 bulbs

Freshone

Freshone

I just bought the growers choice 630 de cmh bulb to try,Im going to try it in one of my gavitas.

Derf Werfler

Derf Werfler

@Freshone - I have heard great things about, but know nothing of gavitas. Started with LED and that has been my mainstay in the couple of years since I have restarted growing after a 30 year hiatus, and first time delving into indoor. So I Take it that the gavitas have a square wave ballast? Not that it matters, because I am not going the gavita route, but just curious. Peace.

@heisenbubble and @DemonTrich - Thanks very much for your inputs! I have lurked and watched your grows with admiration whenever I get surf time. I am currently at friendly odds with a newly friended and well respected local grower in the new climate and location that I have moved to. He is a HardCore MH and HPS fan. He does however give a nod to some of the better quality USA made (never cheap chinese) LEDS. I am as totally sold on CMH technology as I can be without having actually tried it myself, which I am now setting up to do with some experimental units that I will be test driving for my fall grow. He is totally "Bah! Humbug!!" with CMH tech. He, and a few of his friends claim that the PAR of CMH will be my Achilles heel in my new grow when it comes to flowering. I constantly refer him to your threads and others with your spectacular results. He (they) just poohpooh what they see. I am looking forward to smearing their noses in my dogs pooh and win a surf & turf dinner bet after this grow is finished after the holidays. Thanks again for your input, and for your excellent threads!!

Peace

Derf

H

heisen

Your friends are crazy.the numbers don't lie.under cmh my plants require higher ppm as opposed to the same wattage hps.the overall structure and trich production is better.ive done them both.those 2 cmh absolutely kill the 600w hid.they are close to the 600whps but I still give them the nod

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I'm on my 5th flower run with cmh. All my hps and mh stuff is still collecting dust. There must be a reason it's collecting dust and not in use.

Last edited:
Freshone

Freshone

Derf,The 630 de is not square wave that I know of,could be wrong,they need certain ballasts.Most gavitas can't run them but I have the El series with master controller that allows dialing in to exactly 630.Its just an experiment for now,not sure how much I trust those gc bulbs.

B

BosStrong

Yea I ended up just going 3x 315s mixed spectrum in my 4x8 and have had awesome results. 2 weeks away from my 2nd harvest and my girls are looking great.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Also I just read, the 630 De cmh bulbs are not rated for open fixture use like they sell them. You must (would be safe) to install a glass sleeve they sell to encase the bulb in another glass layer of protection in case of a bulb failure.

I'l try and dig up a link or pic in a minute.

I dont want to steal hammerheads pic over at ic. I did a quick search and didnt find anything. If you go the de route, make sure the bulb is double jacketed for safety.

Latest posts

Top Bottom