De Yield Per Sq Ft

• Thread starter Sgrowdum
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Wildill

Wildill

Have 2 nanolux duel 600 watt de in a 5x10 sealed room I have yet to dail in the room and I'm still testing strains I veg 3 weeks I gallon square pots and got 3-4oz a plant 16 plants de lights are a game changer for sure

The Terps

The Terps

@Sgrowdum Sounds like your talking about cubic feet now? although you lost me on that last post. I don't see how if you got "x" yeild last time and you crunch numbers to see what the yeild per sq ft is how that puts you "miles" ahead of anyone? By the time my stuff is dry and trimmed I'm on on week 2 of the next run. So again I stand behind numbers are just numbers. Sure they give you something to go off of but unless you built an inefficient room requiring constant remodels; is the goal not to produce "x" amount per sqft or light or per room cause in the end they are all the same thing? I want 3lbs per light or per 25 sqft reguardless of strain plant count, and veg time always depends on the last two.

H

heisen

had no idea increasing my light wattage would give me more square feet.Looks like the new lights come with a tent stretcher.Thats pretty bad ass.Not sure WTF i just read but it was funny.

S

scrappy420

Let me explain for you simple minded folk. A 3' diameter tree x 4' high has a surface area of 62 sqft. If you put that in a 5x5' tent you are optimizing the 25 sqft floor space. So if you had a 1kw de in this tent and the plant yielded 2lbs you would have 2lbs per 1kw. Now a 3' diameter tree has 12.56 sqft of floor space so you could actually say you got 2.54 z per sqft. Now if you had a room with multiple plants you would count all the floor space in the grow room.

H

heisen

I think that's all relative to time spent.I would be more interested in KW hours used to achieve that 2 lbs because you can grow 6 plants under the same footage you speak of and veg for less time resulting in less KW hrs used to achieve the same goal.
I guess I'm simple but if it takes me 2 months to veg 1 plant out to get the same yield i would get with more plants under the same light in a trained environment using less KW hours than that would make much more sense to me.wtf do I know

S

scrappy420

plant count?
If somebody is aloud 6 plants then what?
Are you still gonna grow your 6 puny plants.
Kwhs is for babies man.
SGgrowdum said up to 4 lights. What would you do here in lets say a 5 x 8 x 7.5' tent to get the most z per sqft and you only had 6 plants.

H

heisen

plant count?
If somebody is aloud 6 plants then what?
Are you still gonna grow your 6 puny plants.
Kwhs is for babies man.
SGgrowdum said up to 4 lights. What would you do here in lets say a 5 x 8 x 7.5' tent to get the most z per sqft and you only had 6 plants.
Your talking crazy.Nutrients are converted to plant matter and plants eat light.I have 6 plants in DWC eating 3 gallons a day and 2 plants eating a gallon.You can talk till the cows come home but more plants spread out will get you there quicker.Unless you wanna veg a plant for 3 months and flower another 2 to get some cool pics and say you grew a tree indoors.All in all by time you do that ill be drying a pound and some change working on my second grow..Now if the electric bill was not an option i would have vertical and overhead and grow big plants but im trying to get the most out of the electric bill..Heres a 26 day old 60x45 inch screen already in flower.Be done in 40 days.If you can get that much growth in 26 days from sprout on 1 plant i will mail you the deed to my house.
20170301 202903

S

scrappy420

LOL that is a 6 plant screen and 1 of my plants would take up half that screen in 30 days. You get your lb off your 6 plants and ill get my 12 lbs off my 6. ;)
Besides man 2 600w mh would be an extra $100 to veg for another month. And another thing. I have friends running buckets like you putting 12"clones in the buckets for 1 day and flipping them and they are getting 7 z a piece. The friend that tried it first was using super closets. I got the idea of 1 day veg from a thread doubled did about the chemdog plant that he put in a 100gal rez. Roots outgrow the bucket. In soil i transplant from 2gal pots @ 30 days into 10gal for 30 days then flip.

hiboy

hiboy

You got a tent
Put some 600s or 1000s in it if u can cool it and go crazy man
Case closed
Amount you get depends on your knowledge and skills
Asking these questions makes me think both are lacking
Hb

S

scrappy420

Used to grow in an 8x5 and 2 ac/de and 1000cfm presh fan and 6 air pots.

H

heisen

LOL that is a 6 plant screen and 1 of my plants would take up half that screen in 30 days. You get your lb off your 6 plants and ill get my 12 lbs off my 6. ;)
Besides man 2 600w mh would be an extra $100 to veg for another month. And another thing. I have friends running buckets like you putting 12"clones in the buckets for 1 day and flipping them and they are getting 7 z a piece. The friend that tried it first was using super closets. I got the idea of 1 day veg from a thread doubled did about the chemdog plant that he put in a 100gal rez. Roots outgrow the bucket. In soil i transplant from 2gal pots @ 30 days into 10gal for 30 days then flip.
pics or didn't happen.show me a 12 lb plant you grew.better yet show me a 30 day old plant of yours.

S

scrappy420

Is this thread not about yield per sqft. A question is asked, an answer is given and everyone says bs.

H

heisen

I dont think square foot has to do with anything.Its about light exposure to the surface of the plants,Hang em upside down,sideways,dont matter.You can put 100 plants under a 400W HPS and your only gonna get a set amount.I think plant surface area thats exposed to the light is what is important and i think more plants will get you there faster but there is still a limit set by the amount of light used,.Outdoors would be a no brainer.Of course bigger plants will yield more.The sun is free of charge but inside with artificial lighting I cant see how 1 big plant will outyield 6 under the same light.I think the only benefit to BIG plants is better look,smell and taste on a mature plant.
Personally i get bored with plants after 3 months and get tired of looking at them.No way in hell i would wanna veg a plant for 90 days inside.

S

scrappy420

Here is the problem with these forums. Everybody on them say bs to every single thing they havnt seen or done themselves
so way more time is spent bull shitting around than learning and teaching. Its a shame really. I feel bad for most ppl because they never dare to do anything out of the box.

These pics produced 1.29 z per sqft of green area. Most lights were on 600 a few on 750 and a few on 1000 for a short time and then down to 750. When i clone I am topping while the clone is making roots. By the time the clone gets into a solo cup it has 4-8 main trunks. It goes from solo cup to a 2 gal pot and at 5 weeks from cloner it is put into 10 gal smart pots. at 5 weeks they are 2.5-3.5' tall. At 5 weeks they are put into flower room for 3 weeks and then flowered. Yield is roughly 5-10 z per main trunk. Heavy weight is made from side branching. In my second pic there are 4 different strains. Those has too be lsted slightly because of height restriction but lst makes them too wide so i lst enough to open them and then let the weight of the flower take over. A well thought out vertical will win every time whether in a tent or a room.

H

heisen

Here is the problem with these forums. Everybody on them say bs to every single thing they havnt seen or done themselves
so way more time is spent bull shitting around than learning and teaching. Its a shame really. I feel bad for most ppl because they never dare to do anything out of the box.

These pics produced 1.29 z per sqft of green area. Most lights were on 600 a few on 750 and a few on 1000 for a short time and then down to 750. When i clone I am topping while the clone is making roots. By the time the clone gets into a solo cup it has 4-8 main trunks. It goes from solo cup to a 2 gal pot and at 5 weeks from cloner it is put into 10 gal smart pots. at 5 weeks they are 2.5-3.5' tall. At 5 weeks they are put into flower room for 3 weeks and then flowered. Yield is roughly 5-10 z per main trunk. Heavy weight is made from side branching. In my second pic there are 4 different strains. Those has too be lsted slightly because of height restriction but lst makes them too wide so i lst enough to open them and then let the weight of the flower take over. A well thought out vertical will win every time whether in a tent or a room.
thats not your average grow tent style of setup.Thats a commercial setup with high ceilings,professional cooling and a shit load of lights per overhead square feet.And like i said if operating cost is not an option than yeah a longer veg is better.No matter how you slice it you can only grow the amount of watts you have.Your not gonna get over a set amount no matter how long you veg without the proper lighting

Top Bottom