• Tagged users None
oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
Now the extracts from Hemp that help seizure patients can’t cross state lines
By Keith Mansur

Oregon Cannabis connection

The rule is titled ““Establishment of a New Drug Code for Marihuana Extract”, and it isn’t readily appearing in searches since they used the now obsolete spelling with a “h” instead of Marijuana with a “j”. Sneaky trick to hopefully slip it through? I don’t think it was an accident.

The Controlled Substances Act lists Marijuana as one specific code, and THC (or tetrahydrocannabinol, the psychoactive molecule) has another, but now they have conveniently grouped for“Marihuana Extract.” They are capturing all the different extracts with a single rule.

The rule states:

This listing includes (unless specifically excepted or unless listed in another schedule) any material, compound, mixture, or preparation, which contains any quantity of the substance, or which contains any of its salts, isomers, and salts of isomers that are possible within the specific chemical designation.

For practical purposes, all extracts that contain CBD will also contain at least small amounts of other cannabinoids.[1] However, if it were possible to produce from the cannabis plant an extract that contained only CBD and no other cannabinoids, such an extract would fall within the new drug code 7350. In view of this comment, the regulatory text accompanying new drug code 7350 has been modified slightly to make clear that it includes cannabis extracts that contain only one cannabinoid.

The rule was submitted by Acting DEA Administrator Chuck Rosenberg. He justifies their actions further using the antiquated 50 year old international treaties:

The United Nations Conventions on international drug control treats extracts from the cannabis plant somewhat differently than marihuana or tetrahydrocannabinols. The creation of a new drug code in the DEA regulations for marihuana extracts will allow for more appropriate accounting of such materials consistent with treaty provisions.

The Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs, 1961 (“Single Convention”) and the 1971 Convention on Psychotropic Substances (“Psychotropic Convention”) provide for the international control of marihuana constituents. Many of the CSA’s provisions were drafted to comply with these Conventions.

Hemp farmers hoping to market their CBD extracts across state lines are in for a real shock when they find out about these new rules. Until now, it was thought that CBD extracts that were only CBD could, in fact, travel between states. Many of these extracts are derived from Industrial Hemp, but the new rule makes no distinction as to the original source and specifies that pure CBD extracts are also banned from crossing state lines.

Under the new code for non-resinous extracts – 7350 – they define the source as, “an extract containing one or more cannabinoids that has been derived from any plant of the genus Cannabis.”

So what happens in the states that have CBD only laws and haven’t made any provisions for production, or are not at the production point yet? I guess the children with Dravet syndrome or other severe seizure disorders or conditions do for their medicine. In many cases, it has proven to be the only relief for many of these people. Has the DEA made ANY considerations for the sick and suffering, and do they understand that its not a candidate for schedule I listing?

They have based their decision on fear and canna-bigotry, not science or reason. Shame on the DEA.

http://www.occnewspaper.com/dea-makes-cbd-extracts-schedule-i/

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

It's either this or enforcing their patent protections on the therapeutic benefits of cannabinoids. That would have put them at odds with their own DEA, and while the gubmit apparently enjoys wallowing in their own ineptitude, this legislation doesn't quite embarrass them enough take a different step.

Remember it's for the children. Just not the sick ones.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
By Keith Mansur

The rule is titled ““Establishment of a New Drug Code for Marihuana Extract”, and it isn’t readily appearing in searches since they used the now obsolete spelling with a “h” instead of Marijuana with a “j”. Sneaky trick to hopefully slip it through? I don’t think it was an accident.

The Controlled Substances Act lists Marijuana as one specific code, and THC (or tetrahydrocannabinol, the psychoactive molecule) has another, but now they have conveniently grouped for“Marihuana Extract.” They are capturing all the different extracts with a single rule.

The rule states:

This listing includes (unless specifically excepted or unless listed in another schedule) any material, compound, mixture, or preparation, which contains any quantity of the substance, or which contains any of its salts, isomers, and salts of isomers that are possible within the specific chemical designation.

For practical purposes, all extracts that contain CBD will also contain at least small amounts of other cannabinoids.[1] However, if it were possible to produce from the cannabis plant an extract that contained only CBD and no other cannabinoids, such an extract would fall within the new drug code 7350. In view of this comment, the regulatory text accompanying new drug code 7350 has been modified slightly to make clear that it includes cannabis extracts that contain only one cannabinoid.

The rule was submitted by Acting DEA Administrator Chuck Rosenberg. He justifies their actions further using the antiquated 50 year old international treaties:

The United Nations Conventions on international drug control treats extracts from the cannabis plant somewhat differently than marihuana or tetrahydrocannabinols. The creation of a new drug code in the DEA regulations for marihuana extracts will allow for more appropriate accounting of such materials consistent with treaty provisions.

The Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs, 1961 (“Single Convention”) and the 1971 Convention on Psychotropic Substances (“Psychotropic Convention”) provide for the international control of marihuana constituents. Many of the CSA’s provisions were drafted to comply with these Conventions.

Hemp farmers hoping to market their CBD extracts across state lines are in for a real shock when they find out about these new rules. Until now, it was thought that CBD extracts that were only CBD could, in fact, travel between states. Many of these extracts are derived from Industrial Hemp, but the new rule makes no distinction as to the original source and specifies that pure CBD extracts are also banned from crossing state lines.

Under the new code for non-resinous extracts – 7350 – they define the source as, “an extract containing one or more cannabinoids that has been derived from any plant of the genus Cannabis.”

So what happens in the states that have CBD only laws and haven’t made any provisions for production, or are not at the production point yet? I guess the children with Dravet syndrome or other severe seizure disorders or conditions do for their medicine. In many cases, it has proven to be the only relief for many of these people. Has the DEA made ANY considerations for the sick and suffering, and do they understand that its not a candidate for schedule I listing?

They have based their decision on fear and canna-bigotry, not science or reason. Shame on the DEA.

Dude for real?!?!?!? This war on a plant has got to stop. Its nuts to think how far the scumbags will go to stay a float.
In the USA everything is about in the shitter
Health
Education
Housing
Food
Foreign relations
Now SSI
Were erasing the middle class

Yet we still spend billions on a war on a plant. And you never hear about the dea and cia and all the poppy fields they own in Afghanistan. Our law enforcement both state and gov are truly the biggest blood suckers on the planet.
Cops
Dea
Atf
Judges
correction officers
Parole/probation
Law makers

ALL CAN EAT A BIG BAG OF DICKS.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Dude for real?!?!?!? This war on a plant has got to stop. Its nuts to think how far the scumbags will go to stay a float.
In the USA everything is about in the shitter
Health
Education
Housing
Food
Foreign relations
Now SSI
Were erasing the middle class

Yet we still spend billions on a war on a plant. And you never hear about the dea and cia and all the poppy fields they own in Afghanistan. Our law enforcement both state and gov are truly the biggest blood suckers on the planet.
Cops
Dea
Atf
Judges
correction officers
Parole/probation
Law makers

ALL CAN EAT A BIG BAG OF DICKS.
Until legalization is more profitable than prohibition this trend will not reverse itself. I figured that CBD wouldn't be an issue crossing state lines, that caught me by surprise, not in a good way. Although it is nice to think about the stanleyfucks in uraguay getting the news that they can't shipple their charlatans web as a dietary supplement into and around the states.

azmmjadvocates

azmmjadvocates

By Keith Mansur

The rule states:

Thanks for the article and I agree with the search misspelling, wow the power these idiots have at least this happened while still under the Obama DEA. Lets see what Trump will do, he at least will be the only President to say it has medical use 100%. Why didn't they wait?

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Thanks for the article and I agree with the search misspelling, wow the power these idiots have at least this happened while still under the Obama DEA. Lets see what Trump will do, he at least will be the only President to say it has medical use 100%. Why didn't they wait?
You should scroll down and visit the 'why pence is bad for marijuana reform' thread. I don't think the trumpster will be as on-board as obama. Look at the ogden memo and how that was supposed to 'leave alone' those who were following state law. More arrests than ever. I don't see how trump could be any better. Take a peek at that thread, does your opinion change?

Top Bottom