Dea: Marijuana Homegrows Are ‘the New Meth Houses'

• Thread starter GreenHouser
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GreenHouser

GreenHouser

http://www.invalid.com/blog/news/2016/07/dea-marijuana-homegrows-are-the-new-meth-houses/

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Your link doesn't work for me but:
"Colorado homes where marijuana is grown often sustain extensive structural damage. Moisture, condensation, and molds spread throughout the residence. Growers often cut holes in floors and exterior walls in order to install ventilation tubes. Growers often tamper with electrical systems in order to supply multiple high-power grow lights and industrial air-conditioning units. These alterations are often done by tenant growers with little regard for fire risk or the home’s structural integrity. This is an increasing concern for first responders. Altered electrical systems with loose and entangled wires, flammable fertilizers and chemicals, explosive materials such as propane and butane, or holes cut into subfloors for venting all pose clear hazards to firefighters or police officers responding to the residence in an emergency situation."
Those damn home growers compromising the structural integrity of houses with their evil marijuana plants. No wonder, with all of the reports of houses falling down due to marijuana cultivation. We need to outlaw marijuana entirely. What about the children?

From the dea website:
Intelligence Report Addresses Marijuana Grow Houses in Colorado

Amendments 20 and 64 have unintended consequences for many of our neighborhoods

JUN 22 (DENVER) – The Drug Enforcement Administration has released a new Intelligence Report titled “Residential Marijuana Grows in Colorado: The New Meth Houses?” available on the DEA.gov website.

The report was produced by the Intelligence Unit of the Denver Division and addresses some of the unintended pitfalls that Colorado’s legalization of marijuana has produced; specifically with regard to the dramatic increase in neighborhood grow houses.

“This report should certainly be part of any future discussions of changes or refinements to Colorado’s marijuana laws,” stated Special Agent in Charge Barbra Roach.

Please direct inquiries to the Denver Division Public Information Officer.

Moto

Moto

11058719 838030972934891 2838338582068937330 n

muir

muir

now that Nederland has had a second home explode in a wooded subdivision (after the recent Cold Springs Fire) the community is turning pretty vigilante about the whole thing and there is call to begin snitching out growers and especially anyone doing extractions.

It only took 2 obama terms to fully fuck up the situation and take a town that was fully acceptant of growers and fuck it all up to the point that the general population is seeking angry retaliation for perceived dangers of cannabis and scapegoating cannabis cultivators for the lack of housing.

Good job to all the green rusher carpet baggers, idiot house butchers and general assholes that have flooded the state.

scoop

scoop

I don't see how Obama had anything to do with it...other than allowing the retail shit show to proceed. Had the FED said..NOPE..just grow your own and stop playing drug dealer kids...or face serious time....folks wouldn't have rushed in for the easy profits the law brought forth. I know we disagree on this one....and that's cool...but it's a "can't have it both ways" situation in my eyes. Keep the profit in weed..and they will come. (no passion, they just come for the $$)

My worry is that the entire "industry" is on the brink of turning on us home growers....and these houses and shit blowin up...and DEA reports that we are akin to meth manufacturers... isn't helping one bit.

It'll suck to go back to growing illegally...but you know folks like me won't bow down...and will actually geasr up if they push the issue and try to fuck us in the ass.

be safe and fire free up there.....

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I don't see how Obama had anything to do with it...other than allowing the retail shit show to proceed. Had the FED said..NOPE..just grow your own and stop playing drug dealer kids...or face serious time....folks wouldn't have rushed in for the easy profits the law brought forth. I know we disagree on this one....and that's cool...but it's a "can't have it both ways" situation in my eyes. Keep the profit in weed..and they will come. (no passion, they just come for the $$)

My worry is that the entire "industry" is on the brink of turning on us home growers....and these houses and shit blowin up...and DEA reports that we are akin to meth manufacturers... isn't helping one bit.

It'll suck to go back to growing illegally...but you know folks like me won't bow down...and will actually geasr up if they push the issue and try to fuck us in the ass.

be safe and fire free up there.....
Spot on... from many of the wise business folk i talk to and even one of my professors said it best. Just like booze or pills or whatever it is... the ones in power dont want us doing our own thing growing our own or for people around us. They want everyone EVERYONE to go to a dispensary and get limited quantity and pay tax. The problem is that dispensary weed is shit a lot of the time. They just buy low and sell high and they dont test 90% of their crap for bugs and mold like they claim...gov has to stay alive somehow hahaha i say let the gov go homeless!!!

muir

muir

I reference Obama because from my recollection it was Eric Holder's two proclamations that medical would not be fucked with is what really got the whole cannabis carpetbaggers to come in droves. At least that how they relayed it to me as they showed up to Nederland in Uhauls pulling their camaro and mustangs asking where to find a grow house. Before then, everyone grew up here but kept it on the DL and didn't put it in anyone's face.

and yes scoop, the INDUSTRY and INDUSTRY groups are actively conspiring to end/limit the right to homegrow to 6 plant per parcel (not me) , as well as the pressures being put on the mmj system.

dreamofgreen

dreamofgreen

naming any division in the government 'Intelligence Unit' is such an oxymoron.

the dea and most police task forces should just go ahead and put double lightning bolts on their collars and swaztikas on their sleeves. i always wonder if these vile power abusing twats ever consider how close their actions mirror nazi ss troops.

scoop

scoop

I know you/that you aren't like that and remember where you came from. It's the greedy fucks who run the shows who DON'T EVEN SMOKE who i'm talking about. AKA..the money-backers and their little warehouse grow hackers.

Hopefully a bunch of folks will stand tall if they try to take away our right to grow. I'd be scared if I were them to take it all back to a vote...cus folks like me...who voted FOR it last time will not do so again. If it's gonna be illegal again...I'll work with anyone else who sees it the same way towards making it illegal across the board...just as I did when I collected all of those signatures to get it on the ballot in the first place.

Holder's message did effect what happened.... but the unlimited caregiverships we once had and the ease of getting (buying) "need" via extended counts were what really set things in motion for the Easy-streeters to think they were being called for their expertise and had some sort of exclusive right to come and play...

but it is what it is...for now. Hope all is well up there......

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
naming any division in the government 'Intelligence Unit' is such an oxymoron.

the dea and most police task forces should just go ahead and put double lightning bolts on their collars and swaztikas on their sleeves. i always wonder if these vile power abusing twats ever consider how close their actions mirror nazi ss troops.
Hahaha HELL YES... land of the slave..home of the fees

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

Alot of what those reports say is right like it or not. I just went to a place to give a bid on the ac. It is a brand new house. They are hacking the shit out of this poor house. They want to run line sets through the stucco into the kitchen cabinets. Cut holes in the counter top and another set of overhead cabinets and then through the sub floor into the second story. They are cutting 36" holes in shear walls removing all structure. Flood tables right on top of the carpet on the second story. 30 lights of flower and 10 veg stealing power. Mini split condensers sitting inside a bedroom with holes cut through to the Attic. More line sets running through interior walls and down the hall way. And this place is replacing one that burned down and these idiots have more of these places. As soon as I got there I said fuck this I don't want anything to do with it. And they are on the steroid hustle.
This is just one of the many illegal house grows that are in every neighborhood in ca, and likely across the country. And next time a grower wants to bitch about a power bill we can thank the thieves for stealing more then we are buying, driving the power costs up.
And then you mention quality compared to big legit wharehouses. These clowns are using pgr's, and pesticides till the end of their runs, and could give a shit about what you the consumer thinks. In comparison to a legit grow that has a company reputation to maintain. These places are often times staffed with some of the most successful growers who take pride in their work and facilities. Legit Commercial grows are built to code, and have facilities that don't harbor mold and mildew like carpet, drywall, and humid air being exhausted into the Attic were it can grow more mold.
It is easy to attack every bad thing the enemy says about us farmers but the reality is that the Majority of people in this business are scumbags. They would just be hustling something else illegal if it wasn't weed, and most already are. Pills, steroids, blow,guns and all the fun party drugs get peddled off through many of the same losers. I wish the feds would go after alot of these idiots thieving power. And after all who is driving the price down? The guy with 20k sf and a 100k a month in overhead that has to maintain profit margins to stay afloat, or the idiot stealing power, using every illegal/unethical product to boost harvests. I could tell you we pay 4k a month in power. How much could I drop the price of a # if I stole power? Alot. I wouldn't care about margins and letting P's go at 2k. And that is exactly what these guys are doing. They sell the cheapest indoor I know of.
As for personal crops for yourself. If you are really growing for yourself who cares how low the commercial industry drops the price, u just grow for yourself right?
I have nothing against small house grows but next time some tweaker or biker gang comes to rob your neighbors illegal house and gets into a shootout close to your family, you would wish that grow wasn't there.(true story).
I love weed and I love farming but I can't wait till I can get a permit to grow my commercial crop, pay taxes, claim income, be able to get a mortgage, and be able to have my alarm go to the police if someone wants to rob me. Sometimes you can't be blind to the truth like it or not.
Oh and the Obama administration has raised more dispensaries and spent more money prosecuting fed weed cases then any other administration. But it's cool that idiot can just say he isn't going to come after us on TV and then do it anyways and not put that on TV, and then all the liberal pot farmers think they have their man in the big house. The politicians will say whatever they can to turn us into their sheep. They are all against us. Hillary just the same. How many years has she spent in some form of title in the white House and never done shit for our community. But now it's going to be different right? Keep believing, nothing will change under her watch just like nothing has changed under her watch.

scoop

scoop

I'm wayyy glad I don't live in Cali...or the city...or in a neighborhood absent of good folks....(no renters on my road)

No doubt what you describe happens all over. Such is why I never rented out any of the homes I've owned. Fuck that. If anyone is gonna grow there...it's me. (and I did)

As far as personal growing...yup...pretty much full-circle here. I'd still be doing it for profit if I could/if the money was still there....but there's only so much pie to go around and after the Big Top arrived and the bottom fell out I couldn't see the point/didn't want the associations anymore. As you note....the game itself and the players playing aren't getting smarter or more trustworthy. I mean...1/2 the equation of this "industry" is the State who used to bust us/ride us hard ion the 90's with their "Drug Task forces"! Talk about "the enemy"...yet...lotsa folks are lubin up and bendin over for 'em on all counts....and now...>turning tail< on other growers. Fuck them.

You're right....nothing will change...not here anyway.

stay safe out there.....

R

RedKhalifa

Hahaha anything to keep them paychecks rollin... without drugs the dea would have to find real jobs....shocker

Forget them what sacrifices you done made for your country ... Dea are the females of the court house and they wanna change law start with the drinking and driving law and oh pick me I got another good one the freak drive on a phone law you guys still don't get it I feel sorry for you dear days because the real criminal is the court system point blank period imy use stiems for 15 months of service oversea to include another year and six month end result PTSD so would you want a bunch of highly trained PTSD veterans to snap I don't think so you don't even have enough police for those kind of number alone here in the state of Colorado what makes you sure you can stop them from snapping those meds don't work they make them commit suicide so they will stop taking so my advice talk to your community or better yet use common sense to help find a solution because that ain't it and meth house I can laugh and stay this with a straight face you fucker brought that shit here in the 70s way before I was born if you didn't want it here should have done your job I would help get rid of all but that's not my job sincerely

Red khalifa

Latest posts

Top Bottom