Dead Plants?

• Thread starter gahiven
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

gahiven

As a first time indoor grower, I've had my fair share of problems with my plants over the course of the last three seasons. They seemed to be growing fine, albeit rather slowly, until recently. It would take me too long to type out the entirety of events, so I'll just jot things down as I remember them.

Basic overview of room conditions, routine details, observations, etc.
-11 plants: 4 males, 7 females; each roughly 3.5 ft tall and 10+ months old
-Room temp varies from 70-80 °F
-Filled 80% of nine 2 gallon nursery pots with earthgro fill dirt - all of which were mixed with a 3:1 dirt-to-perlite absorbent ratio. (Same with three other 3 gal. containers)
-Exposed to 2-3 hours of direct sunlight each day. No artificial light or hydroponic system
-Feed approx. 240 ml filtered water to plants once a week when the containers feel light, mix 1/2 teaspoon of dyna-gro bloom plant food with water in the three 'more established' plant containers
-Suspected root rot from over watering about four months in; transplanted into new pots
-Females began flowering after 8+ months of growing; males are pollinating all over
-Moved pots three times in different areas of house. They seemed to grow fastest in moderate sunlight
-Started having problems shortly after finding fungus gnats in growing environment; inserted sticky stakes insect traps in each pot
-All plants are now having trouble standing up on their own
-Leaves are crinkled and clawed in appearance

If I'm missing any info, I'll be sure to post that as well. I read up on forums occasionally, but it can get overwhelming when there's so much to learn. Right now I'm under the assumption that my babies are long past any salvageable stage, but it'd be nice to read some tips from advanced growers for next time. I feel like I've done basic things that would normally seem to solve these problems, to no avail. Any help would be appreciated -- Thanks!
Also, before anyone says to just research everything online, let me point out that 1. I don't have the time right now, and won't for a while.. And 2. I do plan to eventually, but I'd like to be able to solve these issues quickly in the meantime.

All plants
Dead plants 2
Flowering
Sad plant
Dead plants 5
Dead plants 6
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ok, I see a few problems, not the least of which is that your plants are incredibly confused about what they're supposed to be doing. I see MONTHS' worth of reveg growth, single lobed at that. This is to do with how you're lighting them.

I also think that they've grossly outgrown those containers over almost a year. I also see signs of strong spider mite damage.

If they were my plants, I would take cuttings, get those rooted, toss the mothers & fathers. I think you really need to learn about photoperiodism and how to control growth phases of photoperiodic plants using light. You can certainly give them natural sunlight, but if you don't control the dark phase you get what you have.

The drooping and yellowing I feel are results of VPD (vapor pressure deficit) in conjunction with probably being very, very rootbound. Know that rootbinding usually causes cannabis to flower, at least IME.

If you want to bring back the plants you have, you'll need to get a knife, bigger pots and some new high quality potting soil. Cut the root ball down (cut the plants down a bit, too), spread the root ball open and replant. Wait for them to perk back up before starting up feeding again.

Cannabis requires a minimum of 6hrs full, direct sun in order to grow and flower properly. Your moving them around like they're houseplants will only result in some seriously scraggly looking houseplants. Most flowering plants require a minimum exposure to direct sunlight.

What is Earthgro fill dirt? In my world fill dirt is used for driveways and grading, not growing.

Top Bottom