Dealt with heat - temps too low now?

• Thread starter malachii
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
malachii

malachii

Hi all,

Thanks to everybody supporting me thus far on my first grow in my closet, which was a success, but too hot (86).

Got the heat dealt with on my second grow by adding a second fan loop for my cooltube. In the summer, my temps were perfect with this more aggressive setup (76).

Now though, as cooler indoor temperatures have set in, I'm finding my temps are too low maybe? I'm at 72 lights-on, 67 lights-off.

Is being in this lower range (72) too low, in the way that 85 used to be too high for me before, slowing growth?

My new S&P fan is already on "low" for my cooltube. I could try a speed controller for my can-fan 4" exhaust fan... Might let heat build up more.

Thanks!

Mal.

hiboy

hiboy

ya your golden with that number, speed controllers do work well for many issues,
slower to heat, faster to cool, slower for less sound and electricity bill
h

A

Alien Abductee

70 is about as good as you can get. i live in a city that can get pretty hot at times. What I did during the summer was reverse my light cycle to run the lights when its cooler at night and off when its warmer during the day. You'll get nice bushy plants as a side affect as well.

hiboy

hiboy

70 is about as good as you can get. i live in a city that can get pretty hot at times. What I did during the summer was reverse my light cycle to run the lights when its cooler at night and off when its warmer during the day. You'll get nice bushy plants as a side affect as well.

Good point,
run lights at times to benefit conditions..
i run mine at night,, cali is still cookin
h

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

It's better a Lil cold then a Lil hot.. I like growing in colder temps cuz less or no bugs & big fat gaint dense buds.. Ur temps r great

malachii

malachii

Hey thanks everybody for chiming in. I've always heard about the 70-85 range, and having experienced problems before at the high end, I was worried since I'm near the low end.

Everybody seems to think the low range is good, so I'll keep it there.

As to the point about changing the time of lights - great idea. But it's a problem for me, in that I'm no longer very stealthy when the second fan comes on (it blows hot air into my living room - no smell)... I prefer that being at night when people think it's the furnace. Kind of funny actually- walking by it blows your hair around. "Um ya, my furnace is really powerful dude, ummm, ya".

Mal.

A

Alien Abductee

At around 85 degrees the plant will go into survival mode and hold on to all its water and stop growing. So the closer you are to 70 the better. I mean, 70 and 85 are not the same in as far as growth and vigor. optimal is 70, at 85 your growth rates is noticeably suffering.

A

Alien Abductee

Exactly were it stops, depends on humidity and strain, but 85 is a good mark to avoid.

Top Bottom