Decarbing

• Thread starter Lorilourn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Decarbed some last night... Usually I have my neighbor do the baking for me. Was fresh shake and popcorn buds. Did it in the oven on a cookie sheet with parchment paper at 125 for just over an hour until dry and light brown like what you used weed out of a vape looks like. Probably need less for dried.

Just started my first batch of butter. It's in the slow cooker at about 160f and gonna run it for 3-4hrs. 2 cups of butter 2 cups of water and 40g weed. I'm guessing it should make 48, 40-50mg cookies with 1 cup butter.

I calculated it by guessing about 20%thc it may be a bit higher but that's ok.

So that's about 200mg/gram

200*40=8000mg

Calculate losses in conversion of THC and inefficiency of my Crock-Pot butter process to be about 40% loss.

8000mg*0.60=4800mg

Then divide in by the servings. Each cup of butter will make 48cookies... So 96 cookies total.

4800/96=50mg per cookie.

Nice a manageable if I eat half. Not the most accurate as I didn't have the bud or shake tested and I'm only guessing a 40% loss but could be more.

First time doing this so if anyone can chime in on this it would be much appreciated.

Shotyoung

Shotyoung

Decarbed some last night... Usually I have my neighbor do the baking for me. Was fresh shake and popcorn buds. Did it in the oven on a cookie sheet with parchment paper at 125 for just over an hour until dry and light brown like what you used weed out of a vape looks like. Probably need less for dried.

Just started my first batch of butter. It's in the slow cooker at about 160f and gonna run it for 3-4hrs. 2 cups of butter 2 cups of water and 40g weed. I'm guessing it should make 48, 40-50mg cookies with 1 cup butter.

I calculated it by guessing about 20%thc it may be a bit higher but that's ok.

So that's about 200mg/gram

200*40=8000mg

Calculate losses in conversion of THC and inefficiency of my Crock-Pot butter process to be about 40% loss.

8000mg*0.60=4800mg

Then divide in by the servings. Each cup of butter will make 48cookies... So 96 cookies total.

4800/96=50mg per cookie.

Nice a manageable if I eat half. Not the most accurate as I didn't have the bud or shake tested and I'm only guessing a 40% loss but could be more.

First time doing this so if anyone can chime in on this it would be much appreciated.

Hope this is ok to post, but I found this edibles dosage calculator while thinking about doing some honey infusions. I haven't had time to run numbers to see how correct it is but seems legit.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hope this is ok to post, but I found this edibles dosage calculator while thinking about doing some honey infusions. I haven't had time to run numbers to see how correct it is but seems legit.

Very nice... Thank you. My old ass was sitting down with a pen and paper lol.

Top Bottom