decarbonization (ove or crock pot)

• Thread starter hawkman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hawkman

at what temp would one decard with a crock pot ? a(190-200 degrees) for 1hr (high) then 2 hrs (low) ? Or decarb in oven (at 210degrees) for 15 minutes ? Or if use oven then put in crock pot ? Help need temps and time for decarb - decrb in oven then crock pot and then strain ? decarb in oven then mix with melted butter in crock (how long) then strain ? hope members understand what I'm trying to say !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! use oven -- use crock pot -- use both ----- ??

M

Mnocito

I suck at decarbing. I kept over and under doing it: Finally I broke down and bought a decarber on Amazon.

Sweet baby Jesus was this much better. Set the temp and Perfect every time. I paid about $100 for it and I know I wasted more than that in product trying to do it in the oven.

I also recommend the butter molds. They have nice dosage lines that they mold into your butter (or coconut oil)

Here’s the decarberer I went with. There’s a handful all about the same size and function.

Happy baking :)

TSD

TSD

Oven decarb is 250 degrees for about 40-50 minutes, covered container and don't open till it cools. It's technically 30 minutes to decarb, but it takes at least 20 minutes extra for the bud to get up to temp and actually start decarbing.
I've done crockpot butter in the past, I think I did low for like 8 hours with additional water so it doesn't burn..
You'll have to look up the ratios though. Then you strain and put it in the fridge, any residual water will separate.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Fun fact. There are people on this forum who cannot get high eating weed and others that get high without decarbing.

glad you got it sorted sorry I missed the op

TSD

TSD

Fun fact. There are people on this forum who cannot get high eating weed and others that get high without decarbing.

glad you got it sorted sorry I missed the op
Apparently some people have an enzyme in their liver that processes the thc out of the system as a waste product before it can have any effect on the consumer.

H

hawkman

I suck at decarbing. I kept over and under doing it: Finally I broke down and bought a decarber on Amazon.

Sweet baby Jesus was this much better. Set the temp and Perfect every time. I paid about $100 for it and I know I wasted more than that in product trying to do it in the oven.

I also recommend the butter molds. They have nice dosage lines that they mold into your butter (or coconut oil)

Here’s the decarberer I went with. There’s a handful all about the same size and function.

Happy baking :)
that looks like a great machine, even better and simpler than the magic butter machie, for tintutes should one use the one with the strainer ? ( bit more expensive) than tha 129.99 model thoughts ?

Top Bottom