Decent Ph Pen For Good Price?

• Thread starter titanium
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
titanium

titanium

I don't want to spend a lot. Can anyone suggest a quality pen that works for a decent price online? Thanks.

TurtleTree

TurtleTree

The oakton I had was all over amazon and eBay. Probably still is. Although I prefer GH drops for pH over a meter all day.

titanium

titanium

Nevermind. I see the kit. I have one of those now. So to adjust it I need to use ph up and down or is there an alternative?

TurtleTree

TurtleTree

The General Hydroponic drops are great! PH up and down is easier but not necessary lemon juice n baking soda work great. When you buy a pH pen you must maintain and clean it in order for accurate readings. But the Oakton brand is an affordable option at around 40$-60$

Growin Grass

Growin Grass

Don't forget your buffers and regular calibration
Personally I don't care for the drops

titanium

titanium

I went with the gh drops and up and down. Thanks everyone. Do I ph before or after I add nutes?

TurtleTree

TurtleTree

After each addition to your nutrient solution you can check whether the pH has risen or not to get a feel for what you are using. Never try to raise or lower the pH until your finished adding nutrients to your water though.

G gnome

G gnome

Get a blue lab combo meter. A lil pricy but... you can actually trust it. Dont use baking soda for ph up. Its not gonna stabilize. Your ph will be all over the place. Get some g.h. ph up and down

TurtleTree

TurtleTree

What do you mean when you say stabilize?? Friends and I have used baking soda no problem in the past and haven't had anything fluctuate or any I'll effects.

OGONLY

OGONLY

Baking soda and lemon juice is a joke. Do it right, get a ph meter and use a Ph up an ph down solution or Protekt liquid silicate which I use as Ph up til week 6 of flower. My Hanna Ph/ppm combo meter has worked well for over 3 years and has been well worth the $160 I paid for it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom