Decisions Decisions, Outdoor Strain Help

• Thread starter deepthought
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
deepthought

deepthought

Ok so I am doing my first grow next year (currently helping my Dad, MC, with his grow) and I would like some advice on which strain/strains I should grow.

I have discussed this with MC but I want to see what some other people on here might suggest.

I am growing outdoor, in the mountains, in app. 29 gallon pots (keeping it simple).

I am looking for two or three strains to grow.

From those strains I am looking for:

1. Early finisher, possibly auto-flower.

2. High yield (which makes me think maybe no auto)

3. Indica dominant (no less than 50% Indica)

4. In demand

5. Known for tight buds, no fluffy stuff.

Thanks for taking the time good peeps. :)

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
most od will do well if it don't freeze.Nice to have acess to electric so you can cover and run space heaters...

deepthought

deepthought

most od will do well if it don't freeze.Nice to have acess to electric so you can cover and run space heaters...

Yeah I want to get an early finisher/s so I can harvest before frost or heavy rain.

Right now I was thinking some Purple Diesel and maybe something else. MC has a bunch of awesome seeds (including PD) but not a lot of auto-flower, which I was thinking of doing.

deepthought

deepthought

Maybe some Black Berry or some of my Dad's BB x Chemdog 91/TOK? He grew a BBxC91TOK this year and it look really interesting. Green fine trim with dark purple buds.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
In my experience anything of the Chemdog lines is going to make weight and better quality buds. It needs to be run long enough though, IMO. That said, I usually take all my girls around the same time. I also tend to grow Sat-dom lines.

The pre-98 BK is a great plant, but it doesn't make weight like Chem lines do.

putembk

putembk

I don't grow outside and never have so don't think I would be much help here. Good luck. I would start them indoors so they have a jump on the growing season however. Broncos hangover this morning. wtf happened????

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Who knows? I've had a Wizard of Oz weekend.

salmonslammer

salmonslammer

Theres a great strain that finishes by sept 15 that is just great its called gorilla gold 3 or another early great one is friesland just my 2 cents:D

donmekka

donmekka

Beware of the indica doms the dense bud structure can be mold prone. worst thing is some times you won't see it till its to late because the outside of he buds looks great but the inside is rotten. so keep close eye on center of the buds

Latest posts

Top Bottom