Decisions for 2013 Garden

• Thread starter below frigid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
below frigid

below frigid

I know it's early but I am going to get an earl start this season. Going down to the garden Wednesday to start prepping, Lots of work to be done, irrigation upgrade, make new smart pots, fencing, the list goes on.
Every year I keep saying I am going to keep it down to 4 strains or so and I end up with 10 or more. Being a one man op it slows things down come harvest time trying to keep all the strains from getting mixed up with each other. I do get one guy to help me during the harvest. Had some good stuff from Cali C and DNA last season. Looking at doing some OG Raskal and Alien gear this year or going with clones from one of the local Bay area suppliers. Clones scare me a bit, just because I have only worked with them a few times one indoors 20 + years ago. Never got to see them finish, long story and I did some XJ-13 a couple of seasons back which were really good. Not huge yielders though. So much good stuff out there. I really wanted to try some Wi Fi outdoors but now I am seeing some post where it throws some nut's here and there. Anyone else do this one outdoor. Right when I am about to push the button and order my beans for the coming up season I see something else that sounds good. I like Bodhi's gear but I have been doing more fems as of late just because they are less work and I have never had a problem with them. Here is what I am considering. Alien LAD, Napalm & Tahoe Alien. I know he has no fems. Cali C, Larry, Tahoe and Dead Head OG, OG Raskals Wi Fi, White Skunk and the White S1. I think it's hopeless for me to keep it under 5 strains. Maybe I will find my grail this year. I have found quite a few special plants but not having a place to do an indoor makes it impossible to save a clone. So they are basicly a one time deal. I do make a few f2's if I have a good male and see a good girl out there. I saw Ken rock some of aliens gear last year anybody that has any suggestions for above average outdoor beans would be appreciated. Going to try and push it up a knotch this season. I got 2.5 to 3 units a smartie last year. I would like to see 4-5 this season. Good luck to everyone in 2013.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

That lineup sounds great, I still have not decided what to run this outdoor season. Possibly some purple strains like a God or Blue cross from Jordans Island because where I live the cold autumn will bring out some beastly colors. And then I wanna try out some of OG Raskals gear, but not sure what strain yet, maybe a WiFi cross.

Do you mind giving a few details about your grow i.e. size of pots, # of plants, type of medium, type of nutrients, ect.??

This year I'm gonna go with bales of Sunshine #4 and put them in 18 or 27 gallon totes. I'm also gonna amend the Sunshine mix with EWC, bone and blood meal, kelp, epsom salt and limestone. Plus I'm gonna use Cap's root, nute and foliar pack throughout the grow to keep the microbial life banging lol and to help prevent attacks from pests, I also use neem oil ass a foliar once a week or so during veg. I'm probably not gonna use a PK boost because I don't wanna kill the microbes with too much P, its hard to tell how much P is in the soil when using organic amendments, so I'll just play it safe.

I really can't wait to start growing outdoors, last year I had to find safe spots and this year I'll be able to go big, good luck on your prep work.

below frigid

below frigid

I make my own smart pots. I buy rolls of 2 ft tall wire fence and get the fabric off e bay. Cost abput 75% less than buying pre made. They are close to 200 gallons each. I have been putting 3 plants in each pot. They get pretty crowded in there at the end. I probably could do one big plant and get the same yield strain depending. Being I have to carry the soil. I mix Roots 707 with the native. Add chunky perlite, EWC, gypsom instead of lime as my native soil is a little alkaline, chicken poop also causes the ph to climb a little, probably add a little sulfer this year to help with the ph, and Rainbow mix from Earth Juice. Once they are vegging hard I hit them with some diatomic humus tea and foliar feed them with Brix mix weekly. I also foliar feed them with Calcium 25, 3 or 4 times during veg. I do re use my soil every season and just mix in fresh amended soil. I have to fence around my plants do to all the critters I have in my area and I can only get down to the garden one day a week so they have to take care of them selves the rest of the time.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I want to use bigger buckets because last time I used the 18 gallon tote it would dry out in a few days during the hot summer because I'm only able to make it to my site once or twice a week.

The problem is I have to carry my medium into the woods just like you, so it would be ALOT of work to carry hundreds of pounds of dirt. So I'll probably go with 27 gallon totes. I cant mix with the native soil because I grow in the northern Appalachian mountains which has very rocky soil, it sucks.

maya42

maya42

xj-13 is a large yielder. i saw it outdoors last year and the guy averaged 2 3/4lbs of each plant. and it was his first outdoor grow.... he supercropped them

Mogrow

Mogrow

i would grow the WIFI outside again, it held up real well under very harsh conditions last year.

Mogrow

Mogrow

yeah Frigid, I'm out there hitting my spots, trying to find new ones too. still going gurrellia style, kinda scary as the weather around here is so fucking unpredictable. surely we are due for a normal growing season, last 2 have been all fucked up. anyway try the WIFI, it's feminized and it grows pretty well outside. I did have a little rott on mine, but nothing to bad. you can see from the pics, i picked pretty early.
im gonna run some bodhi gear, ancient og and goji og outside. also going to run some of baba g's solomon creek. and gonna try some exotic g's blue angels and starfighter f2.
i had real good luck with logics gear inside, it's feminized and the cheeto kush is a monster producer, i just may try that outside too. better go find more spots:eek:
don't throw your back out amending all that soil:confused:
peace mogrow

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

damn, i might go with a few wifi's. How long did they flower for?? i live in an area with short summers so 8-9 week strains are best for my outdoor grows. Maybe a 10 weeker at the most, basically it has to be done before the end of october.

below frigid

below frigid

Shit Mogrow, I did nor realize you were in the Ozarks. Yeah your humidity is a lot higher than mine. I can pretty much grow anything as long as I don't get a heavy October rain. High temps are an issue for me, but it seams as long as they get enough H2O most strains can handle it. Daytime humidty in the summer averages 20% or less daytime temps average between 90 and 100 degrees. Last year the only one that you could tell did not like the high temps was the Tahoes. I am going to start digging in next week. Holes don't need to be ready until the first part of May if need be. I am just going to add ferts this year and maybe a little sulfer to bring my ph down some. A little heavy on the diatomic humus and weekly foliar ferts. I used to not eve pop my beans until the middle of April. Now I am down to early March.

Mogrow

Mogrow

Defiantly digging the outdoor. How did the wifi perform outdoors. I might consider running it this year out side. I do have high wind in the area ill be growing think it will hold up?
well Professor, it's like this, although it was good last year, i.m not getting anymore for next year.but if i had the seeds, i'd use them. it's a big plus they're feminized.

Professor OG

Professor OG

well Professor, it's like this, although it was good last year, i.m not getting anymore for next year.but if i had the seeds, i'd use them. it's a big plus they're feminized.
Thanks for the info. Im going to run at least ome outside this year. Ill keep you posted on it id love to compare results from your run last year.

below frigid

below frigid

Here is what I got so far. I go 2 Packs of WI-FI, they also gave me 2 packs of 5 beans WI-FI x Alien Regular beans along 8 single beans of different fem strains ( LA Woman,Sour Kush,Mango,Critical 47,Silver LA,OG 18,Stacked Kush, and LA Confidential all as freebies from the Attitude? I also have 1 pack of 11 bean of OGR's White Super Skunk. I got a pack of Mota's Redneck TNT with those.

below frigid

below frigid

Ordered my last pack of beans. I went with Ghost Train #8 from Rare Dankness. I really wanted to get the Motor Breath from Pices but I just could not get myself to pay the $40+ for postage. Not so much the money but come on, cash only and only the most expensive postage. Then we get the slow mule from Mexico postage coming back LOL. I found Pices at other spots but no Motor Breath.

bevin

bevin

Finally got a list of this yeas grow.
Red eyed rom, Grapefruit kush, CO green bud, Purple HAVE, rOM/HERI, wHITE wIDOW, sUPER sKUNK, mAUI, cRAZY sPACE hAzE - these are then new ones I just popped (sorry bout the caps lock) my cuts im about to take are dead head cheese, Crazy Space Haze, Sour OG, Kali mist, Co Green Bud, Romulan and Blue dream. I'm looking at running 18 plants in the hoop house this year.

maya42

maya42

i have finally figured out my list this year as well:

SFV og (local)
Cherry pie (herban legend)
Xj -13 (harborside)
white widow (herban legend)
sd x african pk (salmon creek - seeds )
og cross (huge yielding)(heavy hitter og) salmon creek - seeds
Blue dream (harborside)
h.h. og x Pre 98 bubba (private stash)
h.h. og x Chemdog #4 (private stash)
h.h. og x white fire (harborside cut) (private stash)

anyone know where to get any wifi cuts anymore?? the one harborside had was a GREAT yielder outside. i saw 2+ off of one 65 gal smartpot.

bevin

bevin

whats the wifi i keep hearing about it. I like to mostly grow old strains, and am getting into the landrace strains. My brother is an old guy he is gonna set me up with some pre 85 blueberry, and some old strains the sons of silence used to grow local here

bevin

bevin

I have yet to order a seed from a "super breeder" everything I get either came from a local breeder or cuts from my local dispensary

Latest posts

Top Bottom