Deep purple spots and curling deformed leaves

• Thread starter MarkinPA
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MarkinPA

MarkinPA

As the topic states, some of my plant leaves and stems have deep purple spots and are deformed. The strain is supposed to be on the shorter side as I've never grown this strain before but it seems really small . Only about 4ft tall at this point and hasn't grown much at all in the last month(outside grow). Any help would be appreciated. Also of note, this is the 1st time I've grown in this spot of my property which is full sun and an area where I grew mint tea last year...thanks in advance...

MarkinPA

MarkinPA

20220730 120505
20220730 120509
20220730 120532

HighRootz

HighRootz

Looks like phosphorus deficiency to me. What nutes are you feeding and ph of water?

MarkinPA

MarkinPA

This isn't one I've experienced before. The purple could be related to cold nights but I've never seen it look like that.

Let's call on the pros ... @Aqua Man @Frankster @Moe.Red One of our resident experts will come along and most likely will be able to help you through.
Lowest temps are high 60s.

MarkinPA

MarkinPA

This isn't one I've experienced before. The purple could be related to cold nights but I've never seen it look like that.

Let's call on the pros ... @Aqua Man @Frankster @Moe.Red One of our resident experts will come along and most likely will be able to help you through.
Yep, same issue. Didn't get any absolutes. One person adamant it was lack of phosphorus another said cal/mag.

MarkinPA

MarkinPA

Looks like phosphorus deficiency to me. What nutes are you feeding and ph of water?
Don't normally use nutes. I normally plant at the edge of a wooded area in the ground . This plant is 1st one that I have NOT planted in that location. In a raised part of my vegetable garden...mint tea was planted there last year...

josefrahl

josefrahl

Yep, same issue. Didn't get any absolutes. One person adamant it was lack of phosphorus another said cal/mag.
Yeah, I didn't read through the 18 pages. Figured it'd be easier for you to go through than having me keep coming back with more questions than checking it again and again.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I don't think your temps are the problem. Granted there's a lot of variables but mid and upper 50's for lows this week didn't seem to phase my girls.

I'm interested in what the outcome is on this one.

HighRootz

HighRootz

Don't normally use nutes. I normally plant at the edge of a wooded area in the ground . This plant is 1st one that I have NOT planted in that location. In a raised part of my vegetable garden...mint tea was planted there last year...
Ph of your water? The raised bed could be depleted of phosphorus if previously used. How much of the total plant is affected? Older or newer growth?

HighRootz

HighRootz

@HighRootz it appears to be in new growth.
Could be excess iron that's causing phosphorus lockout in the new growth. If none of the older leaves are affected then chances are new growth will show some sort of lockout, from my observation

MarkinPA

MarkinPA

Ph of your water? The raised bed could be depleted of phosphorus if previously used. How much of the total plant is affected? Older or newer growth?
Not sure of Ph but the other plants are fine. Well water...about a third of the plant and mostly newer growth. It just started flowering. Would it survive if I moved it to my other location?

MarkinPA

MarkinPA

Could be excess iron that's causing phosphorus lockout in the new growth. If none of the older leaves are affected then chances are new growth will show some sort of lockout, from my observation
Should I just try hitting it with phosphorus at every watering??

Top Bottom