Deer antler powder in organic growing?

• Thread starter MDK
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MDK

MDK

Always looking for ways to keep it natural and close to home I got a couple deer antler on porch that I already used to repair a guitar nut (made bone dust)

Dogs chew on them like a bone, they are high in calcium phosphorus as well as other trace minerals.....zinc, copper etc...actually they appear to be pretty loaded with benefits

Anyone ever tried this?

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Haven’t tried it, but would think it would be a lot like bonemeal. The only drawback is it might make your plants horny AF. Ever had a pot plant hump your leg?😜

MDK

MDK

Haven’t tried it, but would think it would be a lot like bonemeal. The only drawback is it might make your plants horny AF. Ever had a pot plant hump your leg?😜
Dude it could bring in the doe to eat my outdoor....lmao

MDK

MDK

Yea I was just thinking that it definitely would take a bit.. I've got some compost going maybe grind it up and throw it in that, just trying to recycle

MDK

MDK

Kinda wonder what the break down is on it tho I may have to run some next run on a plant as a trial from the start...I know my old dog used to choose them over bone figured they may just be richer in nutrients

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I think they may be a lot more porous. From all the blood vessels needed to grow them. Maybe the dog liked it because it was softer and easier to chew up. I don’t think you can go wrong with it.

Observationist

Observationist

I think they may be a lot more porous. From all the blood vessels needed to grow them. Maybe the dog liked it because it was softer and easier to chew up. I don’t think you can go wrong with it.
Smart

Top Bottom