Deer Hunters

• Thread starter Jobo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jobo

Hey all,

Just wondering if any of you out there hunt deer?

Weather it be for sport, or to keep em outta your garden...

I went out opening day for gun season and got this nice 9 point. Its pretty big for the area im from.

http://i46.invalid.com/2r39i1j.jpg

http://i50.invalid.com/1z15umv.jpg

Deer was already gutted incase u were wondering.

Anybody else have any luck this year?

R

Rolln J

people
eating
tasty
animals

Thats a nice one - good size but kind of young looking should be tasty.

Never hunted deer, its a bitch now to get tag where I live, unless its for bow or black powder. Deer is ok but I prefer Elk as far as eating them goes.

I get to shoot some wild boar from time to time, but its not really hunting - they are nuisance animals on my friends ranch. Once in awhile we get lucky and shoot one thats not too rank to eat - lol

J

Jobo

p

Thats a nice one - good size but kind of young looking should be tasty.

Its older then you think. DNR aged it at 4 1/2 years, which is older for a buck. He was getting some gray on his muzzle.

I would love to hunt elk, just gotta save up enough money.

T

the Rock

I wont shoot deer anymore locally. i go up to idaho and shoot moose(their a pain) and elk or whatevers there nobody can afford to buy meat, luckily i have never been caught by fish and game as i have never bought tags in the last 15 years. In that time frame i have killed over 100 animals for meat. You name it ive shot it

B

bicycle racer

i would love to go big game hunting at some point i think anyone who consumes meat should go hunting at least once to appreciate whats involved in the killing and preparation of an animal. most people are far removed mentally and dont consider at each meal that to enjoy meat an animal has to be killed. i also feel that it is much more humane to hunt and kill a wild animal as compared to the pitiful lives your average slaughter house cow endures. not meaning free range or grass fed but the mass produced corn fed animals.

R

Rolln J

i would love to go big game hunting at some point i think anyone who consumes meat should go hunting at least once to appreciate whats involved in the killing and preparation of an animal. most people are far removed mentally and dont consider at each meal that to enjoy meat an animal has to be killed. i also feel that it is much more humane to hunt and kill a wild animal as compared to the pitiful lives your average slaughter house cow endures. not meaning free range or grass fed but the mass produced corn fed animals.

I agree, not to mention that its a basic skill that so few people have anymore - I mean anybody can kill a deer, but how many people know what to do with it after that?

If I was to ever hunt seriously I wound want to learn how to tan the hides and render fat, etc to waste less.

B

bicycle racer

exactly there is so much waste in modern industrialized food production its sad i. as far as shooting im quite good at that(rifle/pistol/shotgun) i love shooting. but i would need to learn how to gut and dress an animal prep the meat etc... it is somewhat of a lost skill to most but much more commonplace a hundred years ago.

R

Rolln J

saw a dead cow processing plant on dirty jobs, it was gnarly - but they didnt waste anything...

biggest thing they produce there: turkey and chicken feed - lol

carcasses make excellent bio diesel too...

Hrpuffnstuff

Hrpuffnstuff

Hey all,

Just wondering if any of you out there hunt deer?

Weather it be for sport, or to keep em outta your garden...

I went out opening day for gun season and got this nice 9 point. Its pretty big for the area im from.

http://i46.invalid.com/2r39i1j.jpg

http://i50.invalid.com/1z15umv.jpg

Deer was already gutted incase u were wondering.

Anybody else have any luck this year?

What that deer do to you , lol

E

Ezra Ross

i kill muleys with a bow for fun and great protien backsrap boogy baby!

Top Bottom