Defiance

• Thread starter ukcheesehead
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

ukcheesehead

Defiance [2009] DVDSCR XviD-ORC torrent

watched it last night real good film has any 1 else seen it ? the copy ive got is a screener v10 but sound is a 8

bit about the film

Three Jewish brothers escape from Nazi-occupied Poland into the Belarussian forest, where they join Russian
resistance fighters and endeavor to build a village in order to protect themselves and others in danger

Release Name: Defiance.DVDSCR.XviD-ORC
Filename: orc-def*
Release Date: Dec 31, 2008
Source: DVDScr
Size: 1.38 GB
Genre: Drama | War
Video: XviD - 672?368 - 970 kbps
Audio: English - AC3 5.1 - 448kbps
Subtitles: None
Runtime: 2hrs17mins
Directed By: Edward Zwick
Starring: Daniel Craig, Liev Schreiber, Jamie Bell

Defiance
logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
I watched this the other night also, enjoyed it alot great story line and a very different role for Daniel Craig id rate this 8.5/10

U

ukcheesehead

I watched this the other night also, enjoyed it alot great story line and a very different role for Daniel Craig id rate this 8.5/10

daniel craig plays his role realy good . he is a good actor unlike in the bond films lol yep i agree 8.5 . long film but well worth watching . i didnt fall asleep so it must of been good . lol

B

British_Hempire

Downloading it now, I've seen several Russian and Ukrainian films on similar lines and am interested in the period of history.

I've read many books about 'the Great Patriotic War' as the Russians call it and there has never been a more brutal or murderous period in human history.

The Germans emptied the prisons of europe, took all the murderers, rapists and career criminals they could find, scum the Wehrmacht wouldn't consider enlisting and put them in SS uniforms, gave them captured weapons and sent them off in mass sweeps across the occupied countryside to wipe out the partisans, it didn't work, but there was so much rape and murder, sometimes the Wehrmacht got so disgusted they simply took these scum, put em against the nearest wall and shot them.

The best documented example of how the Germans tried to deal with occupied peoples in the East is the Warsaw uprising and the Dirlewanger gang, Oscar Dirlewanger was an SS officer who lead a group of these murderers and criminals in SS uniform and they were sent to Warsaw to fight the Polish uprising. Their actions were so beyond the realms of human decency and honour in war that after a few days the German army could stand it no more and shot a lot of them, the rest were sent elsewhere. The Nazis normally would have taken reprisals against the Army officers involved, but in this case did nothing as the actions of the Dirlewanger gang appalled even the Nazis.

The SS police divisions like Dirlewanger led are not to be confused with the Waffen SS, the Waffen SS were proper soldiers, they fought alongside the Army at the front lines, the SS police Divisions were simply scum in uniform and they were tasked with 'police actions' behind the front lines in occupied Poland, Russia and the Balkans.

If you want to see what it was like, there is a superb but very harrowing Belorussian film called Come and See, it is the tale of the destruction of a village by the SS and it's very disturbing, at the end it lists all the villages destroyed in this way and there were hundreds.

There aren't many more films on the subject, but I can highly recommend Sam Peckinpah's 'Cross of Iron' and 'Downfall' about the last days of Hitler. The German film 'Stalingrad' is excellent too.

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Good film, but ruined at the end when your thinking 'Where the fuck has his brother gone... Oh don't worry, here he is.' So holywoodised. And Daniel Craig sounds like he has crept of the set of Auf Wiedersehen, Pet. Strange english, polish jordie twang going on.

Kinda felt like robbin hood. Still thought it a good watch tho.

S

Slick

Thanks guys I've been wondering whether to watch this and now I will as like BH I am very interested in this period, my biggest worry was that it would be too "Hollywood".

Downloading it now. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom