Deficiencies- Looking for some direction

• Thread starter 11Hick11
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
To me, the plats look good and I don't see any obvious issues other than some older fan leaves turning yellow... something that isn't unusual for flowering plants with thick canopies. Newer growth is always lighter green, but I don't see anything alarming. It looks like it could use a little nitrogen, but I always recommend against too much nitrogen during flowering, but some is needed. My goal is to have the nitrogen in the soil to be depleted about the same time that I harvest. Some flush, some use nothing but pure water... it all depends on your preferences!

11Hick11

11Hick11

Thanks Jimster. Here are some more pics. Couldnt get good ones this time but they are yellowing a good bit up top too. Its still real early in flower so maybe ill hit her with more N and if that works ill feed the other two?. Ill see how she does after this watering.
Also, the 1st pic, thats not nute burn on tips, its starting to change colors . Ill get better pics soon.
20190821 151140
20190821 151656
20190821 151336

Last edited:
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I see the yellowing better and I don't think it is a simple deficiency, although it doesn't look like they are being overfed either, which is my constant complaint. The yellowing seems to be forming a pattern on the leaves that looks like the early stages of magnesium deficiency. When it comes to soil imbalances, which is the root cause of most problems of newer growers, a light foliar application of a diluted fertilizer solution or tea along with some foliar Cal-Mag should show a rapid improvement if it is a lockout/imbalance... just use a very diluted solution to avoid hurting the leaves. If you see an improvement, you know where you need to look. It things don't look any better, then you know it isn't a deficiency of N,P,K,Mg, or Calcium.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
You have so many inputs on top of an amended coco product it would be hard to narrow it down to 1 thing. Spec if you aren't getting something like tea tested its just a guessing game unless you are following a recipe. That's not to say you can't hit it out of the park but most people that brew tea went through a lot of trial and error or followed a tried and true makeup to get a baseline. Only experience I have with amended coco is veggie garden and letting it cook for months before using it.

Looks like they are doing better. My suggestion would be start simple with the tea and add 1 thing at a time. Also try cutting the tea with plain water. Seems super hot. Coco cut with perlite is going to need to be watered a lot unless using big pots.

11Hick11

11Hick11

This might show better? Its almost like its in finishing stage, starting to change colors. This strain should turn color and purple but before its been the last few weeks. It looks greener out of the light though but still yellowing.

20190822 142735
20190822 142716

11Hick11

11Hick11

Plants look hungry, what you feeding them?
In the tea its been EWC, molasses & fish emulsion in RO water for 24 hrs. Uprising Grow for top feeding. Uprising Bloom is supposed to be for the next feed but it will be a tea instead of top fed.

11Hick11

11Hick11

So here you can see it a lot better. I know this is normal but never at this stage for me. I always see this last 3 weeks or so, this is only week 3/4. I did a good feed and it seems to have stopped the progress.
20190828 150950
20190901 052126
20190828 151010

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom