Deficiencies, or bugs?

• Thread starter MajorCoolAero
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MajorCoolAero

MajorCoolAero

Hello All,

This is my first run. I recently got a setup and brought in some orphans from a friend. I dropped them in some ocean forest and saw tremendous leaf growth probably from the weeks/maybe months of malnourishment and small pots they were in. I'm guessing they just sucked up all the nutrients and exploded in growth. I started to notice after two feedings spaced out every 5-7 days *just regular ph water* that they were showing signs of nutrient deficiency. I'm also seeing sticky clear areas on the leaves and rusty looking spots. I did see one or two bugs one looked like an aphid the other can't say but it was coming out of the soil when I watered the third time with Cal Mag. I used the Cal Mag as soon as I started seeing leaf color changing. I've used Neem oil twice this week.

I'm guessing the medium they were in before was terrible, and throwing them in the fox farm still required nutrients after the growth explosion. I fed them some cal mag yesterday, and will use the fox farm veg nutrients on Monday. These are 7 gallon fabric pots, and I just started running 24/7 8 days ago*I noticed alot more growth and got lazy*

The last photo is before everything went to heck.

Deficiencies or bugs
Deficiencies or bugs 2
Deficiencies or bugs 3
Deficiencies or bugs 4
Deficiencies or bugs 5
Last edited:
SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

i couldn't resist

anyone named major ashhole

i want to sit next to

i can't handle the stress of a diagnosis
today
already got a diox thingy goin
if nobody says boo to u, by tomorrow morning
possibly this evening
don't let me forget to come make an attempt
nitrogen toxicity
at a glance
i think i also c purple stem
what strain
we gonna need more intel
ph
ppm/ec
medium
that'll b a good start
if that was yesterday
they'll still b alive
tomorrow
I'm sorry
I'll lose my shyt

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

ph is a definite problem

they're still more seedling at least one

straight up ph'd ro shouldn't go deficient before it recovers n spurts

probably fungus gnats

non issue

i think someone said

don't neem linglings

recently

don't quote me

we'll deal with one problem at a time

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

ur not in my medium and we'll need someone who does know ur medium
but in fluid
i don't go above 400ppm at this stage
the bigs
600max
but I'm not in ur medium so it's moot; just an example

u will need to know

need those guages

depending on budget

$14sux

someone nearby likes some $20meterz

i forget who

quality imho

starts around $60

sky's the limit

MajorCoolAero

MajorCoolAero

ph is a definite problem

they're still more seedling at least one

straight up ph'd ro shouldn't go deficient before it recovers n spurts

probably fungus gnats

non issue

i think someone said

don't neem linglings

recently

don't quote me

we'll deal with one problem at a time

Thanks for the response. The strain not too sure.. I heard white widow a few times, but definitely a mixed batch of seeds that came from Amsterdam. I'm growing in fox farm ocean forest, but these were all transplanted from some regular soil mix. I currently have 4 plants in the tent. One fat indica on the left that was looking great until the second water feeding. I have one tall Sativa on the right that had these orange sticky spots on leaves so I removed them. These are the only ones that really matter the seedling in the little white pot was added later, and the indica on the bottom right I've probably tortured by transplanting 3 times.* I have a crappy $12 ph pen, and try to get it around 6.5, but who knows how accurate these things are. I'd probably be better off using regular LA tap water. I measured the ppm for the first runoff at 1350 ppm. This was using a vivosun TDS meter second runoff was 1240. PH of the first runoff was around 7.0, second runoff was around 6.5-6.6 again not sure how accurate that pen is.. already had to calibrate it.

I use a 150hps light and keep the humidity around 50-60%. Temp around 79-81F

The photo below is what they looked like before everything went downhill.
I'm not sure what those wet clear sticky spots are on the big fan leaves, but they've spread to all the plants xcept the sativa. It's not clear if this is natural, or bugs. I'm completely knew to this and hadn't even seen a plant in person before all this. ha ha

2f0bcace 0717 400c 94e5 dded0044a473
Last edited:
MajorCoolAero

MajorCoolAero

It’s burning from the Neem oil ... regards Od

BUSH DOCTOR

Thanks for the reply I did try to give it an hour before putting it under the 150w HPS. What about that clear liquid on the fan leaves is that common? Also do you PH balance the water in the humidifier? I also had that blowing on the leaves.. might've made it worse.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Welcome. That run off ppm tells us you may have a couple issues. Either that soil is super hot after transplanting or you have a salt build up issue within the soil. You sprayed neem oil during lights on? Make sure you spray that stuff right before lights out. With the intensity of the light and the neem, it tends to burn the leafs. For the humidifier, you want to use RO water to prevent mineral build up inside the tent, as well as, on your plants. It will start to look like PM. The moisture on leafs may be from the humidifier. Hope this helps
Burnz

MajorCoolAero

MajorCoolAero

Update: 6/18
IMG 7119

I let the plant dry out for 6 days and fed the big grow from Fox farm. I just use a 2 gallon can and mixed in 25ml and spread it around the indica and sativa. Seems to be recovering nicely with ph balanced water. I also stabbed some holes into the soil to help with drainage using a chop stick. I raised the light up a bit it's just a 150w hps light. I noticed some slight burned tips on the upper part of the sativa. The leaves seem fine in thickness and color overall just the burnt tips.

Last edited:
Top Bottom