Skipo

They are looking better by the hour
EA774F6F CA08 4E8A BAB0 0C7D4A0D7D76
CEDFC472 C35E 4BED A709 6F13C4BAA9EE

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
That could be partly the reason, but also young shoots dont have as many chloroplasts producing chlorophyll, so they lack the deep green that mature plant tissue has when photosynthesis is in full production.

I personally wouldn't add more Ca. I dont see any other signs of Ca- like small brown spots or anything.

Did you ever ask yourself why chloroplasts are lacking in the new growth? What is needed for the building blocks and foundation of chlorophyll production?

Also, I see lack of Ca with the number of blades on the leaves. Nothing terrible, but deficient imo. Also, small brown spots are Mg deficiency and Mn, not Ca. They interact with each other as cations so that is a big reason people think those are due to Ca. (mg not mn)

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Here is a fantastic video explaining the process of N vs Ca in new plant growth. Been using their product ever since, and I notice a huge difference. In the spring once my plants find their feet, and things get turned into high gear, applications of foliar Ca really helps the new growth keep up. It helps prevent spring bug attacks, and helps build strong cell walls which later helps with pest and mildew resistance. Hope this helps.

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Notice the purple stems also? Lacking P.......

S

Skipo

11D94671 2025 43B0 AA98 8D6AA012BD54
3A13D9E4 DFAC 41DB 8834 4CDD58091D07
@Bulldog420 I posted this somewhere else but don’t think anybody saw it. Since you seem to be quite knowledgeable about calcium I wanted to know if given the conditions of this plant (it’s the only one in the garden with this deficiency) I should hold off on flower? I just foliar fed, the immediate new growth doesn’t have the brown spots or curling or any other symptomatic signs of it YET...I was just about to flip 12/12 in like a day or 2 at the most. Think I’ll be ok or give it more time? Should I even bother taking clones and try to nurse it back to health before taking clones again, or just flower it out and say to hell with it?

S

Skipo

View attachment 859631 View attachment 859632 @Bulldog420 I posted this somewhere else but don’t think anybody saw it. Since you seem to be quite knowledgeable about calcium I wanted to know if given the conditions of this plant (it’s the only one in the garden with this deficiency). My question is I just foliar fed, the immediate new growth doesn’t have the brown spots or curling or any other symptomatic signs of it YET...I was just about to flip 12/12 in like a day or 2 at the most. Think I’ll be ok or give it more time? Should I even bother taking clones and try to nurse it back to health before taking clones again, or just flower it out and say to hell with it?
Really don’t want to wait unless absolutely necessary. This room needs to get emptied out to make room for the next round, so yeah I am pressed for time

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Go ahead and flower her. Just make sure to give her what she needs.

H

Highkev

The light green could have been from accelerated growth. As they grow new shoots they tend to start out lighter green and then within a day or two they go darker. The reason I say this is because the light green isn't limited to just the top, it is also down lower in the plant.
Was gonna say it looks like new good frosty to me but idk

H

Highkev

View attachment 859631 View attachment 859632 @Bulldog420 I posted this somewhere else but don’t think anybody saw it. Since you seem to be quite knowledgeable about calcium I wanted to know if given the conditions of this plant (it’s the only one in the garden with this deficiency) I should hold off on flower? I just foliar fed, the immediate new growth doesn’t have the brown spots or curling or any other symptomatic signs of it YET...I was just about to flip 12/12 in like a day or 2 at the most. Think I’ll be ok or give it more time? Should I even bother taking clones and try to nurse it back to health before taking clones again, or just flower it out and say to hell with it?
I would run it but that’s just me

Latest posts

Top Bottom