Deficiencies Or Septoria???

• Thread starter JohnsTHCFarm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JohnsTHCFarm

JohnsTHCFarm

Would someone please help me identify my problem. The spots start from the tip of a mature leaf and works its way inward. Usually begins with what looks like something was sprayed in the leaf which evaporated, the leaf then yellows and dies at the spot.

Temps in room stay between 68 (lights off) and 80 (lights on). RH stays between 50 (off) and 40 (on). Using CNS17 line from Botonicare at 5.8 pH and 600ppm (any higher gives nitrogen curl/talon).

Please help.

Deficiencies or septoria
Deficiencies or septoria 2
Deficiencies or septoria 3
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
marijuana-deficiency-chart-jorge-cervantes.jpg

How much and how often are you feeding, is it flowering nutes? If its flowering nutes it could be K excess causing nute lockout and deficiencies

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That initially did remind me of Septoria, but here's the tell--Septoria affects any leaves, not just mature vs new. It's vectored by splashing, leaves touching each other and bugs. The leaves will go spotty, then go chlorotic and drop off. If you're observing that, then we can definitely consider Septoria. I found a relatively easy fix using copper sulfate (Kop-R-Safe IIRC), but I had to use it at the highest dose, probably because the cut I had came to me with a resistant strain of bacteria.

Older leaves usually disallows a deficiency of immobile nutrients. The worst leaf looks like P- or K-, but the initial presentation does not resemble those deficiencies at all, IME.

I wonder if I can find the pix of that one plant I had with it. It was years ago... gimme some time. IIRC, it did start on the lower leaves.

AHA! Don't have pix of the plant, just the leaves. I literally spent weeks working to figure this out, working with other growers who'd never seen it before. That was the grow that I finally learned to go to .ag/.uni/.edu types of sites to get my information. Because that was how I figured out it was Septoria, even with the non-classic presentation. The more I look at your plants, the less I think deficiency.

Sorry for the crappy pix, I was using a crappy camera at the time. This is the leaves after dropping.

CRW 6225

Last edited:
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
You can learn a lot by swinging your ph up and down a little bit... you are on the bottom of phosphorus at 5.8 i think. Try 6.0 and you should be hittin the pk hard and backing off the nitrogen

Top Bottom