Deficiencies with H&G/Under Current?

• Thread starter deacon1503
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L-Immortal

L-Immortal

Wow this thread is getting all twisted lol.

Umm well from my past experience H&G coco's/aqua flakes you dont need much cal/mag as it is added at the factory. They run all there tests with RO so most not all strains should be happy. Certain hogs aka kush, chemdog etc may need a little extra.

Also if memory serves me (I dont add the shooting packets) that only the A&B have any ec value with the H&G line. All the additives minus the (shooting powder) ec values are N/A as far as ec goes. Double check for peace of mind

Oh and as far as the Great white imho I wouldnt waste a penny on it if your not in soil or coco. Thats just my .02

As dan says less is REALLY MORE in this system I doubt you will need to exceed 1.2 ec ever in this system. I havnt and most others never will once they see how powerfull this dwc system really is.

deacon1503

deacon1503

It seems as though the MagiCal has been well received by the little ones, and it's only been a day. I got obvious new growth with tiny hands of mini leaves poppin straight up all over the place.

I drained 10 gallons and added back r/o and got ppm down to 1000 for now. Gonna do the same tomorrow, then each day till sunday when i"ll do a 250 ppm flush for 6 hours (per JackMay). Reload on sunday and shooting for 800PPM or so which I figure should be about 3ml/gal of a+b.

The roots are coming along too. :happy Some better than others obviously, but it seems to coincide with top growth. The two smallest on top are the two smallest on bottom.

Here's the Blue Agave at day 10 in the system. She's the front runner right now. Sorry for the BlackBerry pics and please mind the styrafoam blocks:
Blue_Agave_veg10.jpg

Blue_Agave_roots_veg10.jpg

Recaled my Hanna tonight again. It was off abit. Again. Why can't meters just come factory calibrated for the life of the probe? Maybe it's just me.

I will be watching the smallest two as i might swap them out for some taller ones if I don't see any potential developing. I'm keepin my eyes out for some local nice sativas. :rastadancing:

Happy Birthday Mom! :cake

deacon1503

deacon1503

Deacon... Are you using the Full HG line up? Do you have the Drip Clean or Multi Zen? I would just be using their Full line up and nothing else except Cal/Mg Sup for your RO. I don't now of the Microbes are worth the effort in the RDWC?? I hear mixed stories.

Yes, i am running drip clean per the schedule. Multi Zen will be added during bloom.

The full line plus MagiCal, Great White (now) and a bit of SuperThrive. I have heard mixed stories myself on the myco but figured what the hell, i like the theory.

J

Jalisco Kid

Wow, I do not understand. They are just my numbers. Yes I would not follow some ass chart. The plants tell me. I have a bubba x she can be feed 1600-1800 ppm(conv.5) with no burn. But I have learned that in my room my girls look and taste better with lower numbers.That is the part I listen to more. Not that they can pig out. I think timing your nute adjustments is more helpful. These girls have a feedbag on 24/7. JK
When I ran H&G I used mag sulfate in my rez and foliar fed with calcium. I stopped the cal in the 3rd week.
This is that thread I mentioned earlier. Post #18

B

brookstown

yet you have a set PPM number for nutrients regardless of nutrient brand?

more concentrated VS less concentrated? etc etc

(also, not trying to argue or nitpick.... asking serious question)

He said he hs a max ppm. Concentration reallly has nothing to do. if it's very concentrated or weak the ppm would get you to the same point. If I'm off base JK, correct me.

deacon1503

deacon1503

Start of week 2 flower

start_of_week_2_flower.jpg

Things are going well. Im about to turn on 6 400w MH lights that i got off craigslist. these are lithonia low-bay lights that i got from a restaurant equip company for $20 each. Hook, case, ballast and mogul socket, i trashed the acrylic diffusers. I got some brand new bulbs on trade from a patient for meds. 43k initial/27k mean lumens @ 3700 kelvin.I just did a disassemble/clean/new power cords and they will be ran from a CAP MLC-8XT. They are surrounding the 8 plants on the exterior. I figured for the deal i got on the lights it was worth the effort. We'll see. 2400 watts, 258,000 lumens for a total net expenditure of about $200. Not bad.

I built a trellis at 24" above the bucket then a second level about another 16" above that and half the plants are over that by now. They are drinking about 5 gals a night right now. I would say upwards of 50-75 ppms a night as well. My add back nute rez i keep just a+b and magi/cal @ 5.4 to help with ph creep. Seems to work good as last week i noticed continued growth even in day 6 and 7 of the week as opposed to the previous week with just r/o top off. Temps and rh are pretty contant at roughly 75f/60% thanks to a 10k btu a/c. the a/c will come in handy when the MLC gets here.

I also have a Turbo Klone arriving on Wednesday to help me thin the girls. I have a feeling the 96 spots will fill up quickly.

I'd like to have a reliable 1/2 per plant on this run. That would be nice at least. I would like to be conservative to not get over zealous.

I noticed on Keepz thread someone asked about H&G. I have run this entire grow so far on the regular schedule full strength. I have just one plant, AK Cheese, that seems to not like the high nute levels as some random fan leaves burn but only older ones. I add about 5ml per gallon of MagiCal and it seems to be doing well. Nute solution was chillin about 1950 and 2.6 on Fri and Sat and i saw NO nute burn on any tips.

Gonna run some more CO2 next week to help with density. Plus, curious to see the impacts of all the MH light on the girls during flower.

Anyone that is interested in a UC please PM me as i am a dealer for them. I will give medical discounts as well. I also can get all other equipment needed for your grow room. Well, most of it.

On a side note, big ups to Jack on his grow. I use info learned from his thread on a daily basis. Anyone interested in a UC, i suggest u read every thread by him, Tk, Keepz, and the rest of the Farmer UC crew. We all need to be, and can be, at 2 bows per plant with out even flinching. :passingjoint:

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

You could really unleash your plants growth potential by reducing your nute strength to between 1000-1200......keep in mind that water is the plants biggest limiting factor, especially at high ppm's (1950 is high at this stage in this system).

Water uptake is what drives the plants metabolism as long as it's base line nutritional needs are being met.....consider dropping the RH and the PPM by a third and you'll soon see improved plant vigor. IMHO

M

mrdizzle

hey bud, everything looks nice, I highly recommend turning your turns down, 1950ppm is choking your plants, you will see amazing growth at half that strength.

drknockbootz

drknockbootz

From my experience most of my plants thrived during flowering when I kept the ec @ 2.0-2.5. When I tried other peoples recommendations of keeping a low ec, my plants would fade fast in the first three weeks of flowering. I guess find what works for you.

deacon1503

deacon1503

SO when i fed the girls on sunday, i realized why my readings are always on the higher end. After i drained the UC with the drain in the Epicenter, there is always residue and left over nute solution in the bottom of the buckets. The buckets are not flat bottom nor are the conduit pipes at the very bottom of the buckets. So, there will always be left over nute in the system that will carry over to the next feeding unless you can vacuum that solution out of each module. I could do that the first few weeks, but oh no, not anymore.

So after I flushed and refilled with 40ppm r/o, i started off with EC 0.75 and ppm 575. Thats where my high number are coming from. 40 gals of fresh r/o and before i even put fresh nute in, im aldready close to EC 1.0. So really, new nute for this week is at like EC 2.3 and ppm at like 1600.

S

superswmper2012

why did sombody say not to use shooting powder, is that just in dwc, I am just bout to start shooting powder but i grpw in soil, just wondering if good in soil, have you used it beforer, person who said not to use, or just somthng you heard. I love there whole line so far, first full line run with them, also i added, bud blood week 1, big bud week 2 -start of 5th week, then its onto h&G bloom stims. top booster and bud xl, all the time i add carboload as its benificial with pirahna and tirantula also benificial with multizyme and roots excelurator too. I think shooting should be great, not sure if i should be still using bud blood and big bud in H&G line but they are 100% ghappy and thriving. so onto shooting next week, doing top booster with bud xl for 3-4 days. carboload i add and was bout tp get great white, as H&G has a product like it in Holland but not here

S

superswmper2012

:hi Ok, I have read though a bunch of threads on deficiency, even logic's main def. thread and I believe I have narrowed it down to either calcium, magnesium, zinc or iron. But to be on the safe side I think it might be best to ask advice on this since it's my first grow.

I have an 8 bucket, 8 gal UC using R/O (about 55 gals total) and the full H&G Aqua Flake "normal" schedule with some Humboldt Myco and a very small dose of SuperThrive thrown in. One 1000w Hortilux Super Blue per 4 plants (about 4' above top of bucket) and the nute solution is chilled with 1/10hp Active Aqua and holding steady @ 68F. Room temps are 72-78F and RH between 30-50%. Ph is always between 5.8 and 6.0.

The clones (1 AK Cheese, 1 Sensi Star, 2 Blue Agave, and 4 Diesel) were put in the system last Sunday (5-23) and have had 24 hours of light per day until today. All the others seem to be doing ok, slight yellowing on some. I started the nutes off at a "pre-week 1" concentration using only 25% strength (700 ppm/1.0 EC) to try and help with any shock.

AK Cheese
ak_cheese.jpg

Diesel #1
diesel_1.jpg

Any thoughts? There has been moderate vertical growth but the root growth has been INSANE on every plant, even at 25% nutes. A few of them had over 2" of new root within the first 48 hours. :banana:

I have a feeling it's a Magnesium def. but I haven't been able to find a concise answer to the question of "does the Aqua Flake regimen need a Cal/Mag? :mad0223: I know that for some, especially with R/O, this is a standard additive. Can TK or JackMay chime in?

On a side note, I mixed the "week 1" normal schedule today and it ended up at almost 1900 PPM/2.5 EC! Isn't that crazy high for such young plants? Is this just how the Aqua Flakes works? I'm kinda worried...

Anyway, please let me know if I left any info out to help with a diagnosis. Thanks in advance! :bong2:

Lower your nutrients, too high is always worse than a little low, not too low but better to be a little under than a little over. also you should be at 6-6.3 PH allthe way until you are last 3 weeks of flower and it says PH to 5.8 then add shooting powder and ity adjusts itself above 6 and you don't Ph it, just leave it where it goes after you add. But 5.8-6 with too much nutes, is the reSON THEY LOOK LIKE SHIT. Not because of what you said. if you use thier line you shouldn't have defficiencies, unless R/O water then you need cal/mag to add to water. Cheers hope you can fixem. when stressed use 1ml a gallon of roots excellurator, a drop a gal of superthrive and Ph should be fine without adjusting, use that for two watering, then start with food again but start low and work up to normal, amount, not retarded amount. remember nutrint schedules want you to use more and more foood, but less is more when compared to using too much. plants can't use more than they need. remember they will growe fin in just water with su[perthrive drops, so the food is for more yield, but if you hurt them they will not repay you. Cheers

Latest posts

Top Bottom