Medium: Canna coco
Nutrients: canna a+b.
Strain: Northern lights blue at v28

Tap water +nutrients
water base is around 200 ppm.
PH: 5.8 in 6.2 out
ppm in: 620, just bumped it up to 730
ppm out: 500

It was barely noticeable a day ago, so was kind of hard to tell what was going on. Its only happening on older leaves, my guess is magnesium def, but i'm not 100% sure.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

PS: I've ordered some calimagic

Deficiency help
Last edited:
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

have you tried going down on your ph,i cant really tell with just the one leaf,but in my coco i run ph 5.5 to 6.0,i work my way up as the plant gets bigger,start at 5.5.,throw a picture of the whole plant up and we can probally get you in the right direction,with that leaf it could be several things,but from what you feed at with ph and ppm ,im going to say your ph is out of whack

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
If your ppm is 730 going in and 500 ppm coming out in runoff, it sounds like your coco is still absorbing nutes(charging). Did you just transplant these? Looks like mag def. Do you have any epsoms salt?

I

Ickis

If your ppm is 730 going in and 500 ppm coming out in runoff, it sounds like your coco is still absorbing nutes(charging). Did you just transplant these? Looks like mag def. Do you have any epsoms salt?
Yea just re potted. I do have some epsoms salt.

I

Ickis

have you tried going down on your ph,i cant really tell with just the one leaf,but in my coco i run ph 5.5 to 6.0,i work my way up as the plant gets bigger,start at 5.5.,throw a picture of the whole plant up and we can probally get you in the right direction,with that leaf it could be several things,but from what you feed at with ph and ppm ,im going to say your ph is out of whack

ok cool, here are some photos from 6 days ago before i re potted. Ill get some new ones tomorrow.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Hey all!
First Grow dramas!

Medium: Canna coco
Nutrients: canna a+b.
Strain: Northern lights blue at v28

Tap water +nutrients
water base is around 200 ppm.
PH: 5.8 in 6.2 out
ppm in: 620, just bumped it up to 730
ppm out: 500

It was barely noticeable a day ago, so was kind of hard to tell what was going on. Its only happening on older leaves, my guess is magnesium def, but i'm not 100% sure.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

PS: I've ordered some calimagic

i would say mag

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
When I transplant in coco I feed at 900 ppm the first 2 watering then back it off to 600. The extra PPM at the start is magical. Canna coco is suppose to be precharged but by your runoff #s it shows canna coco still needs a bit of a charge. You can foliar with epsoms salt for the mag def.

I

Ickis

Awesome, thanks for the help guys. I think ill reduce my ppm a little and do a epson salt foliar spray. I have a mars hydro 400w led " actual is 250w. Lights are around 20inch from the canopy. Is it safe to spray with lights on? There is so much conflicting information online...

indicabush

indicabush

Awesome, thanks for the help guys. I think ill reduce my ppm a little and do a epson salt foliar spray. I have a mars hydro 400w led " actual is 250w. Lights are around 20inch from the canopy. Is it safe to spray with lights on? There is so much conflicting information online...

Just raise your light while spraying and leave them up until the plant or plants dry mate. I sometimes foliar feed my plants and have never had a problem.

Or, you can wait until just about lights out and spray then giving your plants a overnight dry.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
I wouldnt back off your ppm if your coco is stil charging keep ppm where its at or raise it a little. When you runoff ppm comes out higher than what your putting in, then back off your ppms a bit.

I

Ickis

Update:
reduced ppm to 600, foliar spray with Epson salts for 4 days in a row . Only a few large leaves are showing any sign of a deficiency now, and they are clearing up as well. Thanks for the help, very much appreciate some consistent and accurate advice!.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Update:
reduced ppm to 600, foliar spray with Epson salts for 4 days in a row . Only a few large leaves are showing any sign of a deficiency now, and they are clearing up as well. Thanks for the help, very much appreciate some consistent and accurate advice!.

Your welcome! Glad we could help.

Top Bottom