Deficiency in leaves (yellow and browning)

• Thread starter RastaHippie92
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RastaHippie92

RastaHippie92

I’m not sure what’s going on here. I need help identifying and figuring out a solution to the problem please and thank you

Deficiency in leaves yellow and browning
OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Probably overwatering. The downward curled upper leaves and dying of lower leaves is typical. In general, telling us what you are doing, what kind of soil, what you are feeding, how often you are watering, would be helpful.

RastaHippie92

RastaHippie92

Thank you guys so much, sorry for the short description I’m new to all the socializing your grow. The soil is home made I have CoCo Coir, perlite, compost, Peat Moss, Mother Earth soil for my base. The well water her reads a pH of 8.6, I dilute this down with Lemon Juice, and it works great. I just started using the fabric pots so I didn’t think I could really overwater in that, due to the soil drying out so much quicker. I did elevate my pots up to where the bottom of the containers can start getting some air flow, andbi gave some Cal-Mag water because the soil was pretty dry when I first checked. I use a pH meter, EC meter, and a soil meter. Those 3 tools are a lifesaver. Thanks for all the feedback I do think it’s a little bit of all 3 things that were pointed out.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Thank you guys so much, sorry for the short description I’m new to all the socializing your grow. The soil is home made I have CoCo Coir, perlite, compost, Peat Moss, Mother Earth soil for my base. The well water her reads a pH of 8.6, I dilute this down with Lemon Juice, and it works great. I just started using the fabric pots so I didn’t think I could really overwater in that, due to the soil drying out so much quicker. I did elevate my pots up to where the bottom of the containers can start getting some air flow, andbi gave some Cal-Mag water because the soil was pretty dry when I first checked. I use a pH meter, EC meter, and a soil meter. Those 3 tools are a lifesaver. Thanks for all the feedback I do think it’s a little bit of all 3 things that were pointed out.
Don't worry so much about the pH of your water, the pH of your soil is what matters. My water is about 8.2. One of the $15 meters from the big box stores is considerably better than nothing. Test the soil. Stop adding shit, like the cal-mag. Water less, and stop any nutes for a moment. The racks are a great idea.

RastaHippie92

RastaHippie92

Don't worry so much about the pH of your water, the pH of your soil is what matters. My water is about 8.2. One of the $15 meters from the big box stores is considerably better than nothing. Test the soil. Stop adding shit, like the cal-mag. Water less, and stop any nutes for a moment. The racks are a great idea.
Ok got it thank you for the advice, it’s been a little back and forth but I’ve noticed these plants are super resilient. Ok, so then what should I put in the soil to bring it down some? It is staying at an 8, maybe a quarter of the containers I’ve got down to a 7, but I am having one hell of a time figuring it out. I’m not sure if I mentioned already but I’m using half Mother Natures soil as a base, peat moss, perlite, coco coir,and a few extras added into my compost I have made up. Now my compost is a little on the fresh side but I didn’t make it strong and I have heavily diluted it down with a base soil because of the compost being a hot soil.

Ponky

Ponky

Cut off those damaged leaves with sharp clean scissors. And if you spray you should spray. (3 in 1 )

RastaHippie92

RastaHippie92

Cut off those damaged leaves with sharp clean scissors. And if you spray you should spray. (3 in 1 )
Alright I will try that out. Bad leaves are off as well, I’ll get some more pictures uploaded tomorrow.

Ponky

Ponky

If you can get a big bag of worm castings it may be favorable for top dressing also. If you can get a decent price. A 20 liter bag is cheap. And an ice cream pail full with a wacky label is the same price. It has what plants crave..

Top Bottom