Deficiency On Leaves - Mid Week 6

• Thread starter MrKush415
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MrKush415

MrKush415

Hello,

Having a hard time correcting this deficiency. Originally thought I was locking out Magnesium, but taken steps to try to correct and it seems to be getting worse. I provided a list below of what I tried.

Few details on my grow:
- Nutes: Advanced Nutes and Botanicare Cal-Mag (60-70% strength for all nutes in my feed)
- pH: 6.5 going in for all feeds, but did forget to pH my 1st feed in flower (went in around pH 5.9 -6)
- PPM: 1150-1200 going in (could I be over nuting?) my feed weeks 3-7. 1-3 were around 1000.
- Medium: Soil (FFOF) - 65% FFOF, 35% perlite
- Was feeding 25% strength (very little) of Cal-Mag to get more base nutes and additives in there my first couple weeks of flower.
- Started seeing deficiency beginning-mid week 4.

Im currently at the end of week 6. Older leaves still seem to be getting worse with newer ones starting to show signs effected. I'm planning on pushing them to 50-52 days with nutes then a 2 week flush.

What I've tried:
- Added some dolomite lime to soil, I didn't add too much and also heard it's not too effective because it takes time to take effect in soil.
- Added Epsom salt to week 4 of feeds.
- Upped Cal-Mag dosage a bit.

I haven't tried flushing since I'm only around 2 weeks away from when I'm supposed to flush.

Anybody have any ideas/suggestions?

Deficiency on leaves   mid week 6
Deficiency on leaves   mid week 6 2
Deficiency on leaves   mid week 6 3
Deficiency on leaves   mid week 6 4
Deficiency on leaves   mid week 6 5

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

I would run some straight water for a few feedings and watch the tips of the new growth at the buds for burning. Then resume at a lower dosage. I would also be very careful with that Epsom salt and I wouldn't use cal-mag this late in flower.

Monster762

Monster762

IMG 0647
IMG 0648
I have almost same issues. I'm using advanced nutrients too. In soil. And about to start week 6. I've tried all kids of things. Those spots are rust colored arent they? Hard to tell in the lighting. I'll post pics of mine. I though potassium deficiency because my AN nutes ended with total npk ratio of 1-10-1. That was with cal mag too. The cal mag is the only nitrogen source. I tried to bump my k up and now showing bigger issues. Flushing won't hurt. To know you are starting fresh. I did it first time I saw issues n plants liked it. I put 10 gal water through each 5 gal bucket. They smelled so much better afterwards too. But then I started feeding again and tried to bump the k. That's when yellow showed up everywhere. I posted my leaf spots too n no one could give solid deficiency or really had an idea of what it was. So I went to google for hours reading. I then come to what's called rust fungus. So I treated for that. All was good for a while but spots showing up everywhere again. I just flushed again and am adding new live soil because I think my soil is dead. If you find something out solid please message me. I'll do the same. I got 4-5 weeks more to go but this bs is stunting growth. At first it was just the spots. The yellowing came after trying to bump the k. But at 1% k a little bump should not have caused this.

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

I would run some straight water for a few feedings and watch the tips of the new growth at the buds for burning. Then resume at a lower dosage. I would also be very careful with that Epsom salt and I wouldn't use cal-mag this late in flower.
It could be as simple as light burn or nute burn. The same exact symptoms(orange rust-color spots) took over all my main fan leaves and killed them. You can ease down on TDS and maybe raise your lights earlier than I did and your plant won't end up looking like mine currently: DAY 51 FLOWERING

20170830 054727
Monster762

Monster762

But a flush isn't going to hurt. My ph is 6.2-6.4 steady. The first time I flushed the runoff looked like fresh brewed coffee. It's crazy. This time I flush it was just little yellow. Flush til you have clear runoff and watch temp of water. Not cold but not too warm.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

I just don't like flushing unless it is absolutely necessary because it can throw your pH way out of whack.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

It could be as simple as light burn or nute burn. The same exact symptoms(orange rust-color spots) took over all my main fan leaves and killed them. You can ease down on TDS and maybe raise your lights earlier than I did and your plant won't end up looking like mine currently: DAY 51 FLOWERING
Your plants look like a different problem to me it really looks like light burn.

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

Your plants look like a different problem to me it really looks like light burn.
Mine still grows those orange spots that I first thought were a deficiency or ph flux. But a shit storm of other problems is right lol. The cutting I took of her grows in the exact same medium and same distance from lights but no problem there.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Mine still grows those orange spots that I first thought were a deficiency or ph flux. But a shit storm of other problems is right lol. The cutting I took of her grows in the exact same medium and same distance from lights but no problem there.
Are you getting it on the new growth also or just the old growth?

MrKush415

MrKush415

Thanks brotha, I didn't get this last run and was doing nute, water only, nute, water only. This time I ran nutes every feed, could this be causing nute burn?

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Thanks brotha, I didn't get this last run and was doing nute, water only, nute, water only. This time I ran nutes every feed, could this be causing nute burn?
It looks like nute burn to me man the tips are all fried and it's running up the edges.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Both I believe.
I think yours is caused by multiple problems man if I had to guess I would say maybe overwatered the light was too close temperatures too high and I'm wondering if you were spraying your leaves with something

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

I flushed twice in a row with plain water, upped the calmag, and raised the lights to reduce stress but kind of hard to tell how well its doing when all fan leaves have already met their fate.

Monster762

Monster762

I was pushing nutes every feed when mine started too. But my one plant is completely uneffected. It eats anything I throw at it. Same strain. Same batch of seeds same exact lighting and feeds

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

I think yours is caused by multiple problems man if I had to guess I would say maybe overwatered the light was too close temperatures too high and I'm wondering if you were spraying your leaves with something
I don't think over watering was it except for a single time to force-feed nutes. No spray and I had already stunted alot of fan leaves with the lights to begin with so ya

Top Bottom